PDA

View Full Version : Denver favored by 3

GrnBay007
10-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Early lines have Denver favored by 3 over the Packers.

Should be a very good game.

gbpackfan
10-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Pretty much means it's a toss up. All things being equal, the home team gets 3. It will be very interesting to see how C-Wood does against Stokley.

RashanGary
10-22-2007, 04:28 PM
I guess Robinson practiced today. I'll be curious to see if packers.com has audio from Robinson.

b bulldog
10-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I'd take denver by 10-14 points :(

b bulldog
10-22-2007, 04:50 PM
I think the second half of the season will bring us down to reality in tyerms of how good this team really is. I'm afraid to say it but in two weeks, the Packers will be 5-3, the Bears will be 4-4 and the Lions will be 4-4.

gbpackfan
10-22-2007, 04:54 PM

Are you serious? Denver has been average at best this season. I'd take that 14 point bet any day of the week!

Oscar
10-22-2007, 04:58 PM
I think this is the time to see what the coaching staff is made of as much as the players. Monday night will be a good test. I say we come home with two more wins.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-22-2007, 05:03 PM

Is this a joke? Get real man, Denver won all its three games by last second field goals. They could easily be sitting here 0-6 and your think we are that bad that we can't even compete with them. Also, Denver has one, if not the worst run defense. So I say we match up pretty good against them. Your post makes no sense.

GrnBay007
10-22-2007, 05:24 PM

I'm in!! How much?? :twisted:

b bulldog
10-22-2007, 05:42 PM
How much do we want to bet on this? I said 10-14 points, Denver is favored by 3 so I'll take Denver by 11. That will be my number on this. We match up well against them?? They will have Bailey back next weekend and along with Bly, will give our passing game huge fits and their quickness off the edge will hurt us also. Their running game will gash us along with their TE play. I don't think we are anywhere near as good as our record. An outsider could look at the Packers and say they should have lost to Philly, Minny and Washington.

Lurker64
10-22-2007, 05:48 PM
How much do we want to bet on this? I said 10-14 points, Denver is favored by 3 so I'll take Denver by 11. That will be my number on this. We match up well against them?? They will have Bailey back next weekend and along with Bly, will give our passing game huge fits and their quickness off the edge will hurt us also. Their running game will gash us along with their TE play. I don't think we are anywhere near as good as our record. An outsider could look at the Packers and say they should have lost to Philly, Minny and Washington.

An outsider looking at the Broncos could also say that they should have lost to Buffalo (last second field goal), Oakland (Raiders missed last second field goal), and Pittsburgh (last second field goal).

The Broncos haven't beaten anybody by more than three points, despite playing four games at home. I don't think they're suddenly going to start beating teams by double digits. If the Broncos can't beat Oakland and Buffalo by double digits, they probably won't beat us by double digits, assuming we don't turn the ball over a ton.

b bulldog
10-22-2007, 05:57 PM
If we don't you will be correct. bates knows what to do to push the right buttons and to force turnovers. Bates will have his D reaDY FOR THIS GAME.

RIPackerFan
10-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Sorry, no way do I see a double digit win by the Broncos. Besides the points made by the people before, I just don't see the emotion you seem to think the Broncos will use against us.

They just beat an AFC rival - a huge emotional win for them. They are due for a let-down.

And while Bates wants to beat us, I can't see the rest of the team having much emotional skin in the game, except that they want to win.

Meanwhile, the Pack is coming off a bye week - getting another weapon in K-Rob and I have to believe we will be throwing some wrinkles in the O and D.

On top of that, I will gladly take the match up of Stokley vs. Harris - without Walker I am not worried about any of the other recievers. And if you think that Graham is that much of a threat - you are mistaken. He is an slightly below average reciever - a much better blocker. With some of the TEs we have been going against, he is not even in the same class.

I have a feeling we will play to stop the run, and allow the bump and run coverage to take its toll on on the receivers.

b bulldog
10-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Did I say Graham was the TE I was thinking of?

RIPackerFan
10-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Do you mean Scheffler? Sorry - just don't see it.

RIPackerFan
10-22-2007, 06:51 PM
And yet another reason distraction for the Broncos:

Broncos' Marshall arrested in DUI

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7250465

BF4MVP
10-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Scheffler??? The guy with 87 receiving yards all season? I must be missing something...

I don't consider Travis Henry anything special either..Nor do I think any of their receivers are very good..Nor do I think their QB is very good..Bailey and Bly are the only players on that team who scare me at all, and we have at least 3, and possibly 4, receivers capable of making plays..As good as Bailey and Bly are, they won't be able to cover all of them..

The Pack will win this one.

Guiness
10-22-2007, 07:07 PM
I really don't have a feel for this game. Despite our record, the way our O has performed the last game and a half scares me. And you know Denver will be poring over those game tapes.

Their #1 and #2 CB's are on par with ours. DD vs Champ will make life miserable to the don. I think JJ, Robinson and Lee will have to have a big impact on this game for us to be successful through the air. They've got the #1 pass D in the league, and the #32 Rush D, so this is where we HAVE to get that ground game going.

I can't see them getting much of a passing game going, but their run O is good, as usual, but they haven't been busting the long one. His longest rush in the past four games was 15yds. Henry's on the injury report, but no news on his status.

Mile high is a big homefield advantage, because our guys will get gassed in that thin air. I think we will see the DT's rotate through more, and maybe Kamp will even come off the field for a few plays.

Freak Out
10-22-2007, 07:23 PM
I think it is going to be a close defensive battle with CROSBY winning it at the end to complete the homecoming. Good D, no turnovers and smart playcalling keeps the road streak going.

DannoMac21
10-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Scheffler??? The guy with 87 receiving yards all season? I must be missing something...

I don't consider Travis Henry anything special either..Nor do I think any of their receivers are very good..Nor do I think their QB is very good..Bailey and Bly are the only players on that team who scare me at all, and we have at least 3, and possibly 4, receivers capable of making plays..As good as Bailey and Bly are, they won't be able to cover all of them..

The Pack will win this one.

Not to mention Bly has been absolutely terrible this year.

b bulldog
10-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Scheffler split the seam very well last evening. I'm not rootong for the Broncos, they are the team I hate most but I just see them being better than us at home. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't see us winning either of the next two games.

Bretsky
10-22-2007, 08:09 PM

I'm in!! How much?? :twisted:

Don't do it Bull; I'm still waiting on her to pay up her debt from six months ago :lol:

MJZiggy
10-22-2007, 08:11 PM
You seem quite persistent about that one B...now you're starting to make me wonder what she owes you that you're so hot to collect...

Bretsky
10-22-2007, 08:11 PM
A double digit loss would not surprise me
I win would not surprise me either

GrnBay007
10-22-2007, 08:18 PM
You seem quite persistent about that one B...now you're starting to make me wonder what she owes you that you're so hot to collect...

LOL that's right....you know how crazy his wagers can be.

GrnBay007
10-22-2007, 08:19 PM
A double digit loss would not surprise me

Double or nothing? :twisted: lol

MJZiggy
10-22-2007, 08:22 PM

That's why I ask... :satan:

Bretsky
10-22-2007, 08:39 PM

It's not like I won her boy in a bet; although after girl #3 comes out I just might try to work it into a wager. I can't help it she keeps forgetting her camera every time she goes to those joints :lol: :lol:

OKC PackerFan
10-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Good news for the O-line.

Wells cleared
Center Scott Wells said he was medically cleared this morning and expects to return this week after missing the Oct. 14 game against Washington due to a fractured bone in his eye socket. He was injured against the Chicago Bears on Oct. 7.
Wells said he will have to wear a protective shield over his facemask.

-- Rob Demovsky, rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com

OKC PackerFan
10-22-2007, 09:16 PM
I guess Robinson practiced today. I'll be curious to see if packers.com has audio from Robinson.

McCarthy: Robinson 'in good shape'
Koren Robinson practiced well today and appears to be in good shape, coach Mike McCarthy said, but the team will wait until the end of the week to make an "educated decision" on whether the recently reinstated receiver will play Monday night at Denver.

"Everybody's excited he's back," McCarthy said.

Robinson had a couple of drops during the portion of practice that was open to the media but appeared to be moving well after undergoing knee surgery during his one-year suspension. McCarthy said it's the "perfect week" for Robinson to return because coaches are installing the game plan more slowly than usual, with two extra practice days.

Robinson arrived in Green Bay on Thursday to work out and met with offensive quality control assistant Ty Knott throughout the week. McCarthy said he plans to discuss Robinson's status with General Manager Ted Thompson on Wednesday. The team has a roster exemption for Robinson through Oct. 30 but would lose it if he plays against the Broncos.

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

MadtownPacker
10-22-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm not rootong for the Broncos, they are the team I hate most but I just see them being better than us at home. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't see us winning either of the next two games.
Seems like you have been picking them to lose and saying they arent as good as their record shows since week 1. So far you have only been right when they played the bears.

I think the Pack is gonna stomp on the punks and bates can go to hell since he thought he was too good to be GB's DC but still took the same job in denver.

Packers4Ever
10-22-2007, 10:43 PM
I think the second half of the season will bring us down to reality in tyerms of how good this team really is. I'm afraid to say it but in two weeks, the Packers will be 5-3, the Bears will be 4-4 and the Lions will be 4-4.

b bulldog, did you say that to ward off its coming true? Have some
confidence, man! I was very skeptical early in the season too but we've seen this team looking pretty impressive when it's been called for. Our Defense, first off, compare it to last year's. No comparison. The young guys
are rising to the occasion when needed, O line and D. The only really nasty times are when we get into deep trouble and lose our cool, such as in the Bear's and Skins games, let's hope that's forgotten by now and we can stay cool and show off our talents! :glug: Cheers, b. and have a great day!

OS PA
10-23-2007, 03:44 AM
Good news for the O-line.

Wells cleared
Center Scott Wells said he was medically cleared this morning and expects to return this week after missing the Oct. 14 game against Washington due to a fractured bone in his eye socket. He was injured against the Chicago Bears on Oct. 7.
Wells said he will have to wear a protective shield over his facemask.

-- Rob Demovsky, rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com

Anybody else think that Wells is going to look like a complete bad ass with his visor on? The visor is going to strike fear in all opposition.

oregonpackfan
10-23-2007, 10:51 AM
The Packer fan part of me wants to badly make a prediction about the winner.

The realistic football fan part of me has been so humbled by the upsets in football, especially college football, that I have to admit, "I don't have a clue who is going to win the Packer-Broncos game!" :)

Harlan Huckleby
10-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Anybody else think that Wells is going to look like a complete bad ass with his visor on? The visor is going to strike fear in all opposition.

I think the purpose of the visor is so the opponents don't see him crying from the pain every time he bangs his helment against somebody.

Damn, that's gotta hurt to play football with a cracked bone in your face. Guess it wouldn't be too bad if you don't have to block. :o

I hate hearing coaches say, "He can play if he can deal with the pain." Somebody said something like that about Will Blackmon and his foot. "Deal with the pain"!? Pain is nature telling you that some part of your body is injured and needs to be protected. There's a REASON for pain. If your broken foot is giving you intense pain, you should not be running around on it, it ain't finished healing.

Guess a big pussy like me wouldn't cut it in the NFL. :lol:

b bulldog
10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
MAD, I picked the Packers to beat Philly and lose to SD. I picked them to beat the Giants,Bears,Vikes and Skins, go look it up, please. I am now picking them to lose their next two, sorry if you don't agfree but that is how I see it and hopefully I will be wrong.

b bulldog
10-23-2007, 02:56 PM
oNE MORE THING, AFTER THEIR sd WIN, i THOUGHT THEY'D GO 6-0.

Him8123
10-23-2007, 03:17 PM
I say in our offense for this game to be pretty productive I would NOT put any of our young Recievers against Bailey or Bly I would put Driver against Bailey and I would like to see Koren with Bly. Two vet recievers who know how to fight the coverage. I don`t think Jennings or Jones are capable yet I said yet cause they are good, but of handeling experienced corners. That way though Jennings and Jones can have a field day up the middle.

HarveyWallbangers
10-23-2007, 03:49 PM
MAD, I picked the Packers to beat Philly and lose to SD. I picked them to beat the Giants,Bears,Vikes and Skins, go look it up, please. I am now picking them to lose their next two, sorry if you don't agfree but that is how I see it and hopefully I will be wrong.

You predicted the Packers to be 5-1 at this point? I want to see that. I didn't think even the most optimisitc could have predicted that. What thread? Was this before the season started or before each game? Before the season, you are Nostradamus. Before each game, you're 4-2.

I think Green Bay will win one of the next two games. I'm just having a hard time picking which one they win and which one they lose. We don't lose on the road.
:D

Him8123
10-23-2007, 03:50 PM
I predicted us to be 5-1 at this point but I had our loss going to San Diego.

b bulldog
10-23-2007, 03:55 PM
My prediction was after the SD game. At the start of the season, I predicted 7-9.

b bulldog
10-23-2007, 03:57 PM
My point as was I thought obvious, was before each game. That would not have me in the nagativity camp, would it?

MadtownPacker
10-23-2007, 07:26 PM
I guess I got confused since it seems like all I see you do is cheer for the patriots.

But saying 7-9 before the season means you expected them to lose most of the first half of the season.

b bulldog
10-23-2007, 07:52 PM
cHEER FOR THE pATS??More like cheer for Brady. The Pats are great and if stating the obvious is cheering, well...

BEARMAN
10-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Are you a mind reader ? :lol:

MadtownPacker
10-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Are you a mind reader ? :lol:Bulldog, this should tell you everything you need to know man. You think just like a bears fan. :x

Bretsky
10-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Are you a mind reader ? :lol:Bulldog, this should tell you everything you need to know man. You think just like a bears fan. :x

Here I thought I was the negative guy :lol:

OS PA
10-23-2007, 10:04 PM
This game looks like a shootout to me. Although we're one of the best rushing defenses and they're one of the best passing defenses I feel that they'll excel rushing the ball and we'll excel passing the ball.

On offense we'll do what we've been doing all season. Shotgun three and four wide receiver sets. We'll run a lot of draws, a lot of dump offs in the flat, and a lot of slants. The Bronco's linebackers are some of the worst in the league, and we'll flaunt that in the short passing game. If Champ doesn't play we'll run a lot of deep slants and flys.

For the Broncos on offense, they've got enough of a passing game to make us play honest, and their running game is unstoppable. I feel that they'll control the TOP by a large amount, but the score will be back and forth all game.

If the Broncos are playing from behind we win this game hands down. If we're playing from behind we've got a decent chance of winning too. Especially with Crosby at Kicker. I REALLY hope we get the ball with a few seconds left in the first half to see how far Crosby can kick. Here's hoping for a new record.

Good game

Packers win by 10

Packers: 34
Broncos: 24