PDA

View Full Version : Koren: "Me and alcohol don't mix"

BF4MVP
10-23-2007, 12:50 AM
That's what Koren said when a reporter asked how he's coping with being completely sober. That's a pretty good way of putting it. He also said it's a "lovely thing". Seems like he's really serious about staying sober and getting his life and career back together. Here's hoping he can continue improving and contribute this season, as well as be a positive influence in the locker room, which he has always seemed to be..

I bet Rastak is secretly hoping Koren has a relapse so he can say "I told ya so" :wink:

Partial
10-23-2007, 01:03 AM
I bet you he's not. That is just mean spirited considering the ramifications.

OS PA
10-23-2007, 01:35 AM
http://www.packers.com/multimedia/video/2007_non_game_video/#20071022

Al's interview is funny

Reporter: Would you be scared to go up against Koren in practice?
Al:You gotta be new, you gotta be new, it's okay, I know you gotta feed your family so i'm gonna answer for you, but you gotta be new.

MadtownPacker
10-23-2007, 01:37 AM
Maybe he is hoping that, maybe he isn't but he WILL say "I trolled you so".

:lol:

swede
10-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Maybe he is hoping that, maybe he isn't but he WILL say "I trolled you so".

Good one, Mad.

Of late, I think Rastak has been grumpier than he is usually given to be. October baseball, stupid NFL rules, and the lack of Viking offense other than AP may be contributing to his recent prickliness.

MadtownPacker
10-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Cmon now, the guy suffered through 4 Superbowl losses. A few regular season losses isnt gonna faze him. :D

Rastak
10-23-2007, 08:29 AM
That's what Koren said when a reporter asked how he's coping with being completely sober. That's a pretty good way of putting it. He also said it's a "lovely thing". Seems like he's really serious about staying sober and getting his life and career back together. Here's hoping he can continue improving and contribute this season, as well as be a positive influence in the locker room, which he has always seemed to be..

I bet Rastak is secretly hoping Koren has a relapse so he can say "I told ya so" :wink:

No, it's the guys life at stake. I'd be fine if he washed out of the league or went to the AFC and played great, but I'd not wish him to fall back into the stupidity that could have killed him or someone else.

fan4life
10-23-2007, 09:21 AM
http://www.packers.com/multimedia/video/2007_non_game_video/#20071022

Al's interview is funny

Reporter: Would you be scared to go up against Koren in practice?
Al:You gotta be new, you gotta be new, it's okay, I know you gotta feed your family so i'm gonna answer for you, but you gotta be new.What a fun segment... thanks for pointing it out. Good to see Al smiling again.... I hope that means that he's on the mend from his back (and other) problems...

Zool
10-23-2007, 09:36 AM
That Krause, he's quite the interview.

Harlan Huckleby
10-23-2007, 11:38 AM
at last, a Koren Robinson thread!

cpk1994
10-23-2007, 11:59 AM
I hope that KRob succeeds so it can be rubbed in Cliff Christl's face.

MJZiggy
10-23-2007, 12:03 PM
I hope that KRob succeeds so it can be rubbed in Cliff Christl's face.

Cliff left so he wouldn't have to deal with things like that; you'll have to rub it on Cleft Crusty instead.

cpk1994
10-23-2007, 12:40 PM
That will have to do then.

Freak Out
10-23-2007, 12:59 PM
I needed a Packer on my fantasy team so I added him for some good karma.

Him8123
10-23-2007, 03:25 PM
I`m happy for him that he`s done the right thing. Congrats to him, good thing he got woken up before he killed someone or himself. Now I wanna see some TD`s from him!

MadtownPacker
10-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Congrats to him, good thing he got woken up before he killed someone or himself.I wouldn't mind him killing a few DBs on the field. :x

I hate to say this but his kool-aid talk is a lil soon. His body probably feels better then ever but he needs to have way more then a year of recovery to be mentally and emotionally correct. Every addict person I have ever known always wanted to change but somehow always ended up back in the shit. I have heard before about the anti-alcohol pills he is taking. Supposedly they work great but if he stops taking them. :alc:

Guiness
10-24-2007, 01:23 AM
Sure took him long enough to realize it! :twisted:

Seriously, hope, for his sake as much as the team's, that he really has realized it this time.