PDA

View Full Version : Bronco/Packer quick stats

CaliforniaCheez
10-23-2007, 04:46 AM
When the Packers have the ball:

The Denver Broncos give up the 4th most passing yards per attempt, 7.8 yards.

Of the 93 completions they have given up 57 were for first downs. 41.3 percent or 3rd worst in the NFL.

Opponent QB's have a passer rating of 99.3 against the Broncos.

The Broncos are 24th in the league in points given up. 25th in points given up per game.

The Broncos are dead last in Rushing defense giving up 176.2 yards rushing/game.

They are 31st in yards/rush giving up 5.1 yards/rushing play.

The Packers are tied for 2nd in the league in Passing Offense.

The Packers offense is 9th in scoring.

When the Broncos are lucky enough to get the ball:

The Packer defense is 6th in points allowed.

The Packers are 12th in passing defense.

The Packers Defense is 11th against the rush.

The Packer defense is 15th in opponent passer rating 79.9.

The Packers Defense is 9th in % of passes completed for first downs.

The Broncos are 9th in rushing offense.

The Broncos are 11th is passing offense.

The Broncos are 26th offense in scoring.

Just a few facts and figures to consider for the game.
The source is NFL.com.

Perhaps I should have made 2 threads.

It looks favorable to the Packers coming off the bye week.

MadtownPacker
10-23-2007, 08:00 AM
What happened to the "If the playoffs started today" threads?

CaliforniaCheez
10-23-2007, 08:33 AM

1) Most of the posts were negative on the early ones. Generally, because it was "too early" in the season.

2) Then there were no responses at all. I assumed they they were ignored.

3) Yours is the first post I've seen requesting its return.

MJZiggy
10-23-2007, 08:35 AM
No, they were kinda cool. I'm just not a numbers person so really didn't have anything to contribute (save the keystrokes, Mad, I know what you're thinking).

Lurker64
10-23-2007, 08:50 AM
If the Broncos are 4th worse in passing yards/attempt, 3rd worst in completions for first down, and are giving up a HoF worthy 99.3 passer rating are the "Denver is the #1 rated pass defense" statistic fraudulent?

That is, is it largely motivated by "their rush defense is so poor relative to their pass defense that teams rarely bother to pass against them"?

BF4MVP
10-23-2007, 09:12 AM
On Paper, Green Bay is much better..I don't know how Denver is favored...

MadtownPacker
10-23-2007, 10:32 AM

1) Most of the posts were negative on the early ones. Generally, because it was "too early" in the season.

2) Then there were no responses at all. I assumed they they were ignored.

3) Yours is the first post I've seen requesting its return.
That was in week 1. I think now is the perfect time to start tracking what is going on with the NFC.

oregonpackfan
10-23-2007, 10:44 AM
These are indeed interesting statistics. On paper, Green Bay would appear to be the stronger team.

Before we get overconfident, however, I believe it was Lombardi who said, "Figures lie and liars figure!" :)

Run2win38
10-23-2007, 04:16 PM
According to this Bronco forum - http://forums.denverbroncos.com/ - they dumped coach Bates defensive scheme of contain and funnel everything toward the MLB during the bye and adopted a more downhill attacking scheme as seen Monday night.

Wonder if the new defense will help their stats - Broncs fans are pretty fired up about it

The Leaper
10-23-2007, 04:33 PM
It didn't help their defense any Sunday night. Big Ben looked like Tom Brady out there...which has been rare since Evil Knivel had his little kissing match with the hood of a car.

4and12to12and4
10-23-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm shocked at their stats for passing allowed with their excellent corners. I'm just glad that Champ Bailey will not be playing against us. That is huge.