PDA

View Full Version : Early Bronco injury information

CaliforniaCheez
10-23-2007, 05:21 AM
Rice may play vs. Pack

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said Monday that Simeon Rice is making strides in his attempt to get back to full strength from shoulder surgery and could be on the field Monday night against Green Bay.

It makes sense that the defensive end, who has 121 career NFL sacks, would be on the field against the pass-happy Packers. Rice hasn't played the past two games. He has yet to record a sack in the four games he has played.

"I think Simeon has made some strides and Simeon really believes in himself, which is good," Shanahan said. "What I do is I take a look at practice and make decisions, based on practice, if a guy's ready to play. Last week he had a better week than he had a week before. So I'm going to judge him this week, and if he practices at the level that I hope he does, then he'll dress for the game."

Rice complained last week about his situation because he maintains he is healthy.

"It's strictly a physical issue with the strength of his shoulder. And if we feel like it's there from a coaching standpoint, we'd love to have him ready to go because we know what he's done in the past and hopefully he can get it done for us in the future," Shanahan said.

Henry update. Shanahan said running back Travis Henry will be day to day because of bruised ribs. Shanahan said Henry doesn't have any fractures and is sore. Henry left Sunday night's game against Pittsburgh in the fourth quarter and did not return.

Meanwhile, Henry's playing status with the league is expected to take at least three more weeks before a decision is made on his pending one-year drug suspension. Henry is suing the league while his case is going to go through the appeal process with the NFL. As part of his case, Henry has submitted hair samples.

Injury report. Shanahan said he hopes star left cornerback Champ Bailey will be able to play against the Packers.

Bailey missed the win over Pittsburgh because of a left quadriceps injury. It was the third game Bailey has missed in his career.

Right cornerback Dré Bly played most of the game with a slight shoulder separation. He is expected to play against the Packers. Tight end Tony Scheffler has a leg injury, but Shana- han said he doesn't expect it to be serious.

Smith update. Shanahan said it is "possible" veteran wide receiver Rod Smith will start practicing this week. If not, he must start by next week or be put on injured reserve.

Once a player on the physically unable to perform list starts to practice, a team has three weeks from that date to activate the player or put him on injured reserve for the season.

Smith, 37, has been on the PUP list since the beginning of training camp as a result of hip surgery in February.

Denver's CB's are not fully healthy. That is good news for the Packers.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7253298

MadtownPacker
10-23-2007, 07:51 AM
I want walker to get healthy this week. :x