PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson

Mazzin
10-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Not sure if it's even true, just saw it on around the horn, that someone in the front office of the Bengals, said "we have a decision to make". The guys on there, were saying that the Bengals are looking to trade him.

I know it would never happen, but could you imagen...Donald Driver, Chad Johnson, Greg Jennings, Koren Robinson, and James Jones. That would make Favre forget about Moss.

I doubt it would ever happen but I like to just think....what if.

oregonpackfan
10-23-2007, 04:24 PM
First of all, welcome back Mazzin' Where have you been?

Chad Johnson a Packer? I have mixed feelings about that. Yes, he is a highly talented receiver. He is still an attention-seeking, athlete with the maturity of a 15 year old. I am not sure if his personality would fit in with the Packers' team concept.

At this point, I would rather see the Packers trade for a quality running back rather than a quality receiver.

Him8123
10-23-2007, 04:27 PM
I dont think the Packers would make a run for him. And yes his needing attention act can be a bit for concern. But on the other side of that I admire him for showing maturity saying that he will no longer do a endzone celebration until the get back on track and get to .500. That could be showing signs of growing up. But man to have his skills that would be scary. I`d be lying if I said that I wouldn`t want to see what he and Favre could do together.

Mazzin
10-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks, I didn't ever "go anywhere" just have mostly stuck to reading all of the posts from all you ladies and gents. I just heard it like 10 mins ago, got on the forum, low and behold there wasn't a thread yet posted for it.....Why has this place been slower during the season than in the off season?

HarveyWallbangers
10-23-2007, 04:37 PM
The trade deadline has passed, so it won't happen this year. After the season, if we are trading draft picks for a player, it better be at RB, OL, or CB.

4and12to12and4
10-23-2007, 04:54 PM
I like his personality. He is an attention seeker, but only in a fun way. He doesn't do anything negative in the clubhouse and busts his ass out on the field. He would bring great energy and confidence to our receiving core and offense in general. No way does Cincy trade him unless they lose a few more games and want some high draft picks. This story is just overblown because of the slow start they have had. Nobody cared about his antics when they were winning. They'll turn it around and this will blow over.

SkinBasket
10-23-2007, 05:15 PM
But on the other side of that I admire him for showing maturity saying that he will no longer do a endzone celebration until the get back on track and get to .500. That could be showing signs of growing up.

If you watched that whole interview you wouldn't see it as a sign he's "growing up." He's just not a smart cookie and is probably as grown up as he's going to get.

b bulldog
10-23-2007, 05:38 PM
This is for the offseason. Bengals brass has not refuted this rumor for what it's worth.

BallHawk
10-23-2007, 06:06 PM
.....Why has this place been slower during the season than in the off season?

There are a good amount of people that enjoy the draft more than the actual season.

But, listen, when it gets to July, there is absolutely nothing, it is an absolute ghost-town, with the exception of a few rants here and there. :D

3irty1
10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
.....Why has this place been slower during the season than in the off season?

There are a good amount of people that enjoy the draft more than the actual season.

But, listen, when it gets to July, there is absolutely nothing, it is an absolute ghost-town, with the exception of a few rants here and there. :D

That's pathetic but true.

MadtownPacker
10-23-2007, 08:20 PM
But on the other side of that I admire him for showing maturity saying that he will no longer do a endzone celebration until the get back on track and get to .500. That could be showing signs of growing up.

If you watched that whole interview you wouldn't see it as a sign he's "growing up." He's just not a smart cookie and is probably as grown up as he's going to get.It shows he only cares about winning. Isnt he like 2nd in rec yards after moss? But like most said a trade for anyone next season has to be a RB so no to Johnson.

OS PA
10-23-2007, 09:29 PM
The thing with Johnson's immaturity is that it doesn't really affect the team he is on. His rant can get old at times, but the guy does back up everything he says. I do not recall him ever calling out a team mate in a negative way, to my knowledge he has never put a loss squarely on another persons shoulders.
He doesn't get into serious fights with people, he doesn't bad mouth other players, instead he simply says that he is better than them, and usually he is.

I don't understand all of this negative Chad Johnson brass, the guy is one of the best receivers in the league, and he proves it week in and week out.

Bretsky
10-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I was listening to Chris Mortenson this morning; he noted how at Bengal practices this team has incredible incredible talent.

BUT

The other notable thing at Bengal practices is they don't function as a team. They lack the chemistry and unity many have.

And Marvin Lewis has had enough of the BS and have sent messages that he is not going to be happy with more of Johnson's celebrations and other forms of me like attention.

If any continues Mortonsen noted the Bengals are seriously going to consider looking for suitors in the offseason.

They are reeling with talent........and chemistry killers. Johnson seems to be at the head of both of the above

Carolina_Packer
10-24-2007, 12:10 AM
I think that would be scape-goating. I don't know what kind of teammate he is, but I think his antics are benign. Granted, they probably play differently when you are losing, but he also has the potential to keep things loose. They make a lot of dough, but what they do is not easy. They just make it look that way. It's a grind, and if he wants to have some fun playing a game, so be it. Actually, I don't think he should change who he is. The only time a player should do that is if he lacks professionalism and work ethic. Different personalities and styles are what make it interesting. He is not the reason they are losing. Their defense blows, and with a defensive-minded head coach no less. Like Billick being the offensive guru of the offensively challenged Ravens.

Guiness
10-24-2007, 02:06 AM
I agree with others that his antics seem to be harmless. He's a clown, not an ass. Only down side of what he does, as far as I can see, is that he probably provides bulletin board material for opposing teams, but *shrug*