PDA

View Full Version : Who'd a thunk?

Guiness
10-24-2007, 01:51 AM
The game I am really looking forward to is the Lions!!! Many of us pencilled in those two games as wins, but with the way things stand right now those two games are critical.

It's quite possible that the winner of the NFC North will be determined by the game the last week of the season. Their schedule is not that tough from here on in, so it's quite possible we'll go into that game with identical records.

HarveyWallbangers
10-24-2007, 01:53 AM
The game I am really looking forward to is the Lions!!! Many of us pencilled in those two games as wins, but with the way things stand right now those two games are critical.

It's quite possible that the winner of the NFC North will be determined by the game the last week of the season. Their schedule is not that tough from here on in, so it's quite possible we'll go into that game with identical records.

I never pencil in a game at Detroit as a win--especially on Thanksgiving.

pack4to84
10-24-2007, 07:42 AM

I never pencil in a game at Detroit as a win--especially on Thanksgiving.I agree with you Harvey. Every year you put loss for the games at Min and at Det. The Packers have already got a win (at Min) so the odds would be against us at Det.

ahaha
10-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Every year you put loss for the games at Min and at Det.

We won at both places last year.

Guiness
10-25-2007, 02:27 AM
What makes the thanksgiving game so tough? Because of the short week? Detroit has to deal with it too, although they do get to sleep in their own beds...

Is it just because historicallly we've done bad? I never understand why people put stock in that. I remember a few years ago some betting services saying they had 'indisputable information' on who was going to win a game between TB and the Giants - the information was that TB had lost something like 10 of their last 11 meetings in New York in November or later. But that was one of the years TB was a very good team...and the Giants were mediocre at best. What has happened in the past has no bearing!

Regardless, I think it will be a very good game.

woodbuck27
10-25-2007, 07:47 AM

I never pencil in a game at Detroit as a win--especially on Thanksgiving.

Sensable man there Harvey. :)

Packers Forever!