PDA

View Full Version : Favre's arm?

RashanGary
10-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Favre threw up a bunch of wounded ducks in the game that fell 10 - 15 yds short of where he wanted them, causing some here to wonder if he was healthy.

Packersnews.com blog talks about Favre throwing the ball, grimacing (while holding his arm) and then talking to the trainers during practice.

Is Favres arm OK? If he can't throw the ball past 40 yds like last week, we are in trouble.

A Rod? ? ? I'd love to win a couple with A rod.

The Leaper
10-24-2007, 08:14 AM
He can't throw the ball 60 yards downfield anymore, but his arm is fine. I don't think the throws were underthrown...they were thrown late, and allowed the defenders time to get into position to make a play. Favre needed to hit those guys on the sidelines at 20 yards from the LOS, not 35.

run pMc
10-24-2007, 09:02 AM
I think his timing was off, weather conditions weren't ideal, and he underestimated Sean Taylor's closing speed. Probably just an off day. Even Favre has them. Hopefully he (and the run game) snaps out of it.

run pMc
10-24-2007, 09:03 AM
I don't think his arm is tired or he's lost THAT much velocity. I am concerned that the # of throws he's made will affect his arm come week 14. He's still got a good arm, but time catches up to us all.

Carolina_Packer
10-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Wouldn't an ankle injury hamper the throws? I don't know if it was his plant foot, but that might have some bearing on what he is able to get on the throws. Whatcha think?

ahaha
10-24-2007, 09:38 AM
There seemed to be something with the weather in that game. Kickoffs, punts, and throws by both QB's seemed to come up short.

RashanGary
10-24-2007, 10:17 AM
One of the throws looked really awkward. I watched his deep throws and one of them he shot putted almost like he knew he couldn't get it there and he only ended up throwing it 40 yds with his feet set. I think there is something wrong. It would be nice to see A Rod if this keeps up.

Harlan Huckleby
10-24-2007, 10:50 AM
He just needs to settle down and get back to his roots.

http://www.mensjournal.com/feature/0510/images/brettFavre2.jpg

GoPackGo
10-24-2007, 11:17 AM
It was raining during the game against Washington. Anyone whose ever thrown around the pigskin knows that the rain slows down passes.

MJZiggy
10-24-2007, 11:52 AM
One of the throws looked really awkward. I watched his deep throws and one of them he shot putted almost like he knew he couldn't get it there and he only ended up throwing it 40 yds with his feet set. I think there is something wrong. It would be nice to see A Rod if this keeps up.

You want A-Rod if 2 passes a game are off their mark??? Is it my imagination or has Favre practically been carrying this offense singlehandedly with no running game???