PDA

View Full Version : Is Craig Nall's career done?

Patler
10-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Released at the start of the season, re-signed when Losman was injured, now released and replaced by another QB off their practice squad:

The Bills released third-string quarterback Craig Nall for the second time. .... To replace Nall on the 53-man roster, Buffalo signed quarterback Gibran Hamdan off its practice squad.
(Updated 10/19/2007).

RashanGary
10-24-2007, 08:07 AM
What a bunch of idiots. How could they release a good starting QB like Nall?

The Leaper
10-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Of course it is done. Nall is not a capable QB in the NFL, which most of us already realized. Buffalo doesn't have anything at QB, and he still couldn't get much of a look. He's all arm and nothing else...like Ryan Leaf without an impressive college career.

MJZiggy
10-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Nall's career was pretty much over the moment we drafted Aaron Rodgers. It's just taken this long for everyone else to realize it.

the_idle_threat
10-24-2007, 08:28 AM
They never gave Nall a chance! :evil:

I could tell by the way he held a clipboard in Green Bay that he was Tom Brady waiting to happen ... these teams are too foolish to see it!

Patler
10-24-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm just wondering if he will become one of those guys who hangs around for 10 years, but never plays. If he had become a competent holder, I think it might have happened. Look at Doug Pederson. Hung around the league for 12 years, started 17 games in two seasons. That's it.

Anyone remember Matt Willig? A backup guard one season with the Packers in the late '90s. Played 14 seasons in the NFL from 1992 to 2005, but started games in only 6 seasons and had a total of 43 starts. Year after year he showed up on someone's roster until he just got too old.

Those players always amaze me. Year after year they know they will play only rarely if someone is injured, yet they seem to stay focused enough in camp and preseason to hang on.

Carolina_Packer
10-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Even though they get none of the glory, the paycheck is nice, plus a million memories. Must be fun still. I agree Patler, those guys are amazing. Like the guys who toil forever in the minor leagues in baseball and get their shot in the early 30's. People love that stuff.

MJZiggy
10-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Wait a minute...shouldn't Nall be on a plane to Arizona by now??? They seem kinda desperate over there.

Carolina_Packer
10-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Wait a minute...shouldn't Nall be on a plane to Arizona by now??? They seem kinda desperate over there.

They hired Elizabeth's husband Tim to help in the rescue effort, aside from Tim Rattay.

retailguy
10-24-2007, 12:47 PM

They hired Elizabeth's husband Tim to help in the rescue effort, aside from Tim Rattay.

Your name has to be "Tim" to be a backup qb in 'Zona. His name is "Craig". Won't work...

The Leaper
10-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Those players always amaze me. Year after year they know they will play only rarely if someone is injured, yet they seem to stay focused enough in camp and preseason to hang on.

I'm guessing Willig and Peterson realized the $300k they pulled down playing football would far exceed what they made if they were out of the NFL.

Makes staying focused a lot easier to figure out.

Patler
10-24-2007, 01:35 PM

I'm guessing Willig and Peterson realized the $300k they pulled down playing football would far exceed what they made if they were out of the NFL.

Makes staying focused a lot easier to figure out.

Some guys never adapt to the role of a backup who never plays. Most are used to being relied on and playing a lot in college. Some pride has to be swallowed to hang around as long as some of them do.

Willig shows up every now and then as an actor. I saw him recently, which brought his NFL career back to mind. Quite impressive looking, too. 6'8" and rock solid. Sure looks to be taking good care of himself. Obviously he is suited only to certain roles!

Harlan Huckleby
10-24-2007, 04:44 PM
I noticed in the paper today that Hannibal Navies resigned with San Fran. I had to rub my eyes - didn't Hannibal Navies play with Lynn Dickey!? How a guy like that hangs around the league is very curious. I guess he was better at Philly than with Green Bay, though.

Merlin
10-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Nall's career is done. He got screwed in Green Bay and that pretty much sealed the deal. Nothing like drafting a never-was/never-will-be to be your franchise QB of the future. Yeah, that's what I think about when a QB tumbles down that far in a draft "GOLDMINE"! If he was so good and starting QB's and quality backups are at such a premium in the NFL, how's come the overwhelming majority of teams in the NFL didn't think the guy was worth picking up? But Thompson did? Justin Harrell anyone? You Mr 1 tackle?

LEWCWA
10-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Must suck being such a miserable old bastard! :lol:

Merlin
10-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Not old and not a bastard, sorry to burst your bubble. I just don't think the guy got a fair shake in the deal with 3T. I know when he was called upon to play in a real game, he didn't break his foot and look like shit. He looked pretty darn good. That doesn't mean that he would amount to anything. But after three years and not seeing anything close to that out of Rodgers, one tends to question the decision making.

MJZiggy
10-24-2007, 07:09 PM
He got the fair shake you were looking for from the Bills. They just fired him from his 3rd string position to bring some kid up from the practice squad...

MadtownPacker
10-24-2007, 08:23 PM
When did Nall's career even start? Not much of a finish if you ask me.

Bretsky
10-24-2007, 08:32 PM
When did Nall's career even start? Not much of a finish if you ask me.

I feel bad for Nall. Seemed like a good guy. I remember the JS days when the famous Gureski was just trashing somebody named Ibatiger in JS in regard to Craig Nall's accomplishments.

I accused Ibatiger a few times of being Craig Nall's wife based on how he was acting.....talking about Nall with information only those closer to him would know.

Strangest shit happened. I got a personal email from Craig Nall's wife. Pretty sure her name was Amanda. Very nicely indicated a friend of hers noted I was commenting that a JS poster was his wife, and nicely let me know that was not the case and she did not want to stir anything up or be considered to be like Kurt Warner's wife (who had recently spoken some stuff through the press she should not have).

Also noted Ibatiger was a friend of Craig's fathers and some of his relatives had told her about some of the JS spatting so she registered for the forum in order to dispel the myth that I was putting out.

Incredibly classy chick.

I wished her and Craig the best and told her it was my feeling Craig might be best served moving to another team because with Rodgers recently drafted I felt Green Bay's plans were made. I shared that email with one poster; can't remember if it was HW or 007 or who it was...and then backed out of the discussion without any of those comments

Either way it was pretty dam cool and ended up making me wonder if players or their relatives actually read our rants.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Nall's career is done. He got screwed in Green Bay and that pretty much sealed the deal. Nothing like drafting a never-was/never-will-be to be your franchise QB of the future. Yeah, that's what I think about when a QB tumbles down that far in a draft "GOLDMINE"! If he was so good and starting QB's and quality backups are at such a premium in the NFL, how's come the overwhelming majority of teams in the NFL didn't think the guy was worth picking up? But Thompson did? Justin Harrell anyone? You Mr 1 tackle?

Perhaps we should ask that question about Nall. If he is good, how come nobody picks him up?

Is it possible you are EVER wrong. Geez, your attitude blows.

As for falling in the draft. Um, he is still a first round pick. I guess the browns are idiots for drafting Quinn or the Cards for Leinart..both fell substantially.

The teams didn't think he wasn't worth picking up..that would mean he wasn't EVER drafted. Do you really think Rodgers wouldn't have been drafted. Yikes.

Let's see..who is a QB that was picked late in the first or after that. It really doesn't matter where gurus thought you shoulda been drafted. Just whether you play.

Jason Campbell.
Derek Anderson
Kellen Clemens
Matt Schaub (3rd round)
David Garrard (4th)
Marc Bulger (6th)
Mark Brunell (5th)
Brett Favre
Rich Gannon (4th)
Dan marino (who definitely fell)
etc., etc. etc.

Try to stop your blind hatred of TT get in the way of your objectivity. It is really painful to read your posts.

Lastly, why are you decrying how Nall got screwed..never given a chance. Isn't that what you are doing with Rodgers and Harrell?

MadtownPacker
10-24-2007, 08:45 PM
I think you got played man. :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
10-24-2007, 08:47 PM

Who got played?

Bretsky
10-24-2007, 08:54 PM

Just believe man; the world is good

If you saw that email is was a chick's writing. Maybe it was Nall's mistress, or one of several. But it was a gal

Bossman641
10-24-2007, 09:00 PM

Perhaps we should ask that question about Nall. If he is good, how come nobody picks him up?

Is it possible you are EVER wrong. Geez, your attitude blows.

As for falling in the draft. Um, he is still a first round pick. I guess the browns are idiots for drafting Quinn or the Cards for Leinart..both fell substantially.

The teams didn't think he wasn't worth picking up..that would mean he wasn't EVER drafted. Do you really think Rodgers wouldn't have been drafted. Yikes.

Let's see..who is a QB that was picked late in the first or after that. It really doesn't matter where gurus thought you shoulda been drafted. Just whether you play.

Jason Campbell.
Derek Anderson
Kellen Clemens
Matt Schaub (3rd round)
David Garrard (4th)
Marc Bulger (6th)
Mark Brunell (5th)
Brett Favre
Rich Gannon (4th)
Dan marino (who definitely fell)
etc., etc. etc.

Try to stop your blind hatred of TT get in the way of your objectivity. It is really painful to read your posts.

Lastly, why are you decrying how Nall got screwed..never given a chance. Isn't that what you are doing with Rodgers and Harrell?

Don't bother with logic. TT sucks, someday the rest of the world will see it and Merlin will be vindicated.

MJZiggy
10-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Is it ok if we wait 'til AFTER the SB win to see it?

Bretsky
10-24-2007, 09:05 PM

When is the SB win coming ?

Green Bud Packer
10-24-2007, 09:09 PM

Whats up with the skinny dippin skeletons?

Anyone not giving Thomps some of the credit for the Packs fast start just isn't being honest with themselves.

MJZiggy
10-24-2007, 09:13 PM

Evidently sooner than you're expecting it.

GBP, these were just a couple fellas I met camping last weekend. They looked to be having a good time so I thought I'd use them as a warmup to Halloween. Not quite as scary as Numb's, but they're a start...

Bretsky
10-24-2007, 09:20 PM

Evidently sooner than you're expecting it.

GBP, these were just a couple fellas I met camping last weekend. They looked to be having a good time so I thought I'd use them as a warmup to Halloween. Not quite as scary as Numb's, but they're a start...

Those that follow all of my terrible predictions would know that this was the year I had us winning the Super Bowl a couple years ago :lol:

packrat
10-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Don't let Merlin fool you. He is just trying to get everyone worked up. He doesn't really believe what he posts. No one could be that stupid.

the_idle_threat
10-25-2007, 08:18 AM

Ya, I was wondering why you and Bretsky changed your avatars to Grateful Dead cover art, but now I see ... 'tis the season. :)