PDA

View Full Version : Is there enough ZIP in Favre's arm?

Harlan Huckleby
10-24-2007, 10:48 AM
I think he might have had a nagging injury in the last game.

Carolina_Packer
10-24-2007, 10:50 AM
It's not like he's going to talk about it either. We'll see how he responds coming off the bye. Does he have a good history off of the bye?

RashanGary
10-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Reporters saw him grimmacing and holding his arm in practice yesterday. Trainers were seen talking to him shortly after.

If Favre can't throw it, I'd rather see Rodgers in there. We're not going to win many games once teams realize Favre can't throw it past 40 yds.

Harlan Huckleby
10-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Reporters saw him grimmacing and holding his arm in practice yesterday.

This is a little worrying, he's had over a week of rest.

I'd MUCH rather see Rogers play than have Favre spiral down. It would be fun to see how he could do.

Badgepack
10-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Doesnt' the underthrown long balls amount to a matter of touch rather than arm strength? He was still drilling the 15 yard slants at a fastball speed when he lofted up the Ints.

Patler
10-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Doesnt' the underthrown long balls amount to a matter of touch rather than arm strength? He was still drilling the 15 yard slants at a fastball speed when he lofted up the Ints.

Not when he said the balls landed 10 yards shorter than he thought they would. That is a bit of a concern, when the ball doesn't go as far as he thought it would, not once but perhaps as many as 4 times.

Phil Simms said one of the stages of your arm going is when the ball doesn't go where you think it will. Favre might be seeing that a bit on his long throws.

Then, again there was a very good reason that Holmgren never let Favre throw long passes more than just a couple times a game to keep defenses honest. Favre never was real good at it.