PDA

View Full Version : Bad Game

cap360
10-24-2007, 02:08 PM
I can't believe farve has one bad game where he doesn't throw the ball well and every one says he has lost his arm strength. I guess everyone else always performs the best thay can every week. I feel bad for farve can't do anything with out it being a news story.

MJZiggy
10-24-2007, 02:20 PM
I think a few are just worry warts, some fear some injury and some are just having way too much fun with "zip." I certainly don't think he's lost anything, but if he's injured and it's affecting his long, floater, then I hope they limit those throws until he has it under control--like they could get him to stop anyway.

(Thanks, Plant, now I want a sammich)

The Leaper
10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
I hope they keep talking about it.

Makes it more likely Favre will throw 3 TD passes of over 40 yards on Monday night.

4and12to12and4
10-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Or chuck three interceptions over 40 yards, but one way or another, he'll be chucking it to prove them wrong. Too bad he doesn't have Moss, he'd be considered the greatest QB ever with those same throws.

esoxx
10-24-2007, 07:20 PM
I can't believe Favre has one bad game where he doesn't throw the ball well and every one says he has lost his arm strength.

Actually, it's completely predictible. You ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait a handful of games and you'll be amazed.

fan4life
10-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Actually, it's completely predictible. You ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait a handful of games and you'll be amazed. Amazed in a good way or a bad way???

cheesner
10-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Favre has always been this way. Even in the SB years he would have 1 or 2 really good games followed by a clunker. It was always my belief that Favre followed the news and when he did really well, he would start to think he could do no wrong. Then he would put up some really bad ill-advised throws and get picked off in the next game.

Another trend from those years, he was usually erratic early in the game. If he would get hit hard at least once, he would instantly be calm and effective as a QB.

But yes, he was never very good with the deep ball. He has the arm to get it there, but not the accuracy.

esoxx
10-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Favre has always been this way. Even in the SB years he would have 1 or 2 really good games followed by a clunker. It was always my belief that Favre followed the news and when he did really well, he would start to think he could do no wrong. Then he would put up some really bad ill-advised throws and get picked off in the next game.

Another trend from those years, he was usually erratic early in the game. If he would get hit hard at least once, he would instantly be calm and effective as a QB.

But yes, he was never very good with the deep ball. He has the arm to get it there, but not the accuracy.

You forgot the stereotype that if he has a certain look on his face before the game, it usually means he will have a bad game.

fan4life
10-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Actually, that stereotype is pretty accurate. You can laugh, but the fact is that when he's worried (as in doubtful) about the game plan, he doesn't hide it very well.

I'll also say that that was more true of the Sherman years than now under McCarthy. Favre has a lot more input into the game plan now, including in-game adjustments.

GBRulz
10-25-2007, 10:29 AM
I hope they keep talking about it.

Makes it more likely Favre will throw 3 TD passes of over 40 yards on Monday night.

:glug: My thoughts exactly.

esoxx
10-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Actually, that stereotype is pretty accurate. You can laugh, but the fact is that when he's worried (as in doubtful) about the game plan, he doesn't hide it very well.

Yes, I will laugh. :lol:

fan4life
10-25-2007, 11:21 AM

Yes, I will laugh. :lol: Well, I used to cringe when I'd see him scowling and uneasy on the sidelines before a game, because I knew what was coming. I remember the PC after one game that GB lost and the offense looked pretty bad (I'd seen him look very unhappy before the game.) When a reporter asked him why the offense never seemed to get into a rhythm, he got pretty testy as he said, "Don't ask me (about the playcalling,) I'm just the quarterback. They don't pay me, or ask me, to make those decisions." That's when I put 2+2 together.

Aaaahhh yes. I miss Tom Rossley, too.