PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

LEWCWA
10-24-2007, 06:44 PM
I have been saying it for years, now others are saying it! Favre doesn't throw the bomb worth a shit! Never has, never will. Sure we can all find an example where he did, but for the most part he has no touch on this pass. Don't defend him, just accept it for what it is!

Merlin
10-24-2007, 06:50 PM
I posted this already, but when you are watching those other QB's throw the bomb, how long do they have to throw it first of all and second of all, how wide open are their receivers?

I can't even remember the last time we had a WR wide open enough to through a bomb to. Wide open as in 10 yards or more with everyone beat. Don't say last game because the Safety had the angle. When I watch Manning and Brady throw the ball deep, there is no one and I mean no one around the WR AND they have all day to throw it. When was the last time that happened in Favre's career?

LEWCWA
10-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Well my best example was in the 90's, around 98 or so the Pack came to Dallas, Sanders pulled up lame and I believe it was Freeman ran free and well favre over through him by 15 yards....

Merlin
10-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Then to say he can't throw it is a little whacked don't you think?

MadtownPacker
10-24-2007, 08:22 PM
I think LEWCA is saying that he doesn't throw it accurately not that he cant launch it. This is true at times.

gbpackfan
10-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Is this team 5-1 or 1-5? Damn, sure is a lot of hostility around for our "beloved" Pack. I guys some fans are NEVER happy.

Green Bud Packer
10-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Jennings should have caught the two underthrown balls.

Walker was the last receiver Favre had that could go and get the deep ball.

Robinson will be a plus in this dept.

Patler
10-24-2007, 09:36 PM
I posted this already, but when you are watching those other QB's throw the bomb, how long do they have to throw it first of all and second of all, how wide open are their receivers?

I can't even remember the last time we had a WR wide open enough to through a bomb to. Wide open as in 10 yards or more with everyone beat. Don't say last game because the Safety had the angle. When I watch Manning and Brady throw the ball deep, there is no one and I mean no one around the WR AND they have all day to throw it. When was the last time that happened in Favre's career?

I think if Favre had been able to put a couple of those deep balls out in front of the receivers in the last game, they probably would have looked very open when they caught up to the ball. If they were lead deep and away from the safeties. Nobody ever looks open on an underthrown ball, and in the last game they were underthrown by quite a bit.

I don't think Favre has ever thrown deep balls well enough to have it a real big part of the Packers passing game. Holmgren used to laugh about letting Favre throw one or two each game just to get it out of his system!

esoxx
10-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Yep, he just can't throw a good deep ball. Never has.

You didn't see Super Bowl XXXI by chance?

LEWCWA
10-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Yep saw the SB and both long touchdowns were lasers. Tonights pass was excellent, but 1 outta 15 don't count.

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Come on now, even the biggest Favre fans must admit the longball isn't his best pass.

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Tonight, the pass got to where it was supposed to get..........enough said. :wink:

esoxx
10-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Yep saw the SB and both long touchdowns were lasers. Tonights pass was excellent, but 1 outta 15 don't count.

Umm, no.

The 54 yarder to Rison was lofted and on the money.

esoxx
10-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Come on now, even the biggest Favre fans must admit the longball isn't his best pass.

Yeah, where was anyone saying that?

And what QB considers a long ball with accuracy his "best pass"? Most are more accurate on short to medium throws. It's called logic.

I reject blanket statements that Favre can't throw the deep ball and "never will."

The first pass of the biggest game of his life was a rainbow arced beauty that hit Rison on stride. Tonight's TD pass to Jones was another example. There's countless others.

Stick the blanket statements where they belong. :roll:

Bretsky
10-29-2007, 10:37 PM

And what QB considers a long ball with accuracy his "best pass"? Most are more accurate on short to medium throws. It's called logic.

I reject blanket statements that Favre can't throw the deep ball and "never will."

The first pass of the biggest game of his life was a rainbow arced beauty that hit Rison on stride. Tonight's TD pass to Jones was another example. There's countless others.

HOW ABOUT THAT LONG BALL !!!!!!!!!!!!

esoxx
10-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Any questions???

Fosco33
10-29-2007, 10:39 PM

HOW ABOUT THAT LONG BALL !!!!!!!!!!!!

EXACTLY!!!

LEWCWA
10-29-2007, 10:41 PM
HELL--HE HAD SOMETHING TO PROVE TONIGHT AND NAILED TWO OF EM!! I'll give to him. He can do anything he wants!

GBRulz
10-29-2007, 10:42 PM
I think there is alot of crow to be eaten this week

gbpackfan
10-29-2007, 11:00 PM
The man is a football God! Bow at his feet!!!!!!

Tarlam!
10-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh come on! Favre has lost it when it comes to the deep ball! Tonight had everything to do with the altitude!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

esoxx
10-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Oh come on! Favre has lost it when it comes to the deep ball! Tonight had everything to do with the altitude!

Good point. I'd like to see him make those throws in the smog of Los Angeles. Good thing there's no team there anymore. :twisted:

GBRulz
10-29-2007, 11:14 PM

LOLOLOL

jerk :twisted:

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2007, 11:15 PM

ya, it was sort of an unsatisfying game. some great individual performances.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2007, 11:18 PM

ya, it was sort of an unsatisfying game. some great individual performances.Im sure your boyfriends say the same about you but for now just shut the hell up. You idiot Wynn backers make me sick. Its all about Grant, reconize that shit bitch.

RashanGary
10-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Denvers crowd and the layoff had us completely out of rythym. It's nice to see playmakers emerging though. If you buy into the CC theory, they are on track for a pretty good year iwth Favre, Driver, Jennings, Kampman and Barnett all emerging as big play guys.

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Its all about Grant, reconize that shit bitch.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

when have you EVER said a good word about Grant!?

I can jump on the bandwagon too.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Its all about Grant, reconize that shit bitch.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

when have you EVER said a good word about Grant!?

I can jump on the bandwagon too.I said he was the 2nd most likely to be the guy. I cant remember who I said #1 was.

Bretsky
10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Denvers crowd and the layoff had us completely out of rythym. It's nice to see playmakers emerging though. If you buy into the CC theory, they are on track for a pretty good year iwth Favre, Driver, Jennings, Kampman and Barnett all emerging as big play guys.

Actually I think the layoff really helped us; let us focus on the running game and get Ryan Grant some work.

BallHawk
10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
I said he was the 2nd most likely to be the guy. I cant remember who I said #1 was.

The Pope?

Cement Shoes?

Bretsky
10-29-2007, 11:24 PM
I said he was the 2nd most likely to be the guy. I cant remember who I said #1 was.

The Pope?

Cement Shoes?

He was #1 in my book; I'm still not sure if the guy is on this roster but if it is IMO it's Ryan Grant.

Time to start GRANT'S GANG

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2007, 11:25 PM
I said he was the 2nd most likely to be the guy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: jesus, you WERE a big Grant man!

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Good point B, the layoff may have had James Campen and Co really studying film to get the running game going and to see what they need to correct. This game was hopefully the first step into getting it going but you need to start somewhere.

BallHawk
10-29-2007, 11:28 PM

The Pope?

Cement Shoes?

He was #1 in my book; I'm still not sure if the guy is on this roster but if it is IMO it's Ryan Grant.

Time to start GRANT'S GANG

Levens' Loyals?

Just throwing it out there.

Bretsky
10-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Good point B, the layoff may have had James Campen and Co really studying film to get the running game going and to see what they need to correct. This game was hopefully the first step into getting it going but you need to start somewhere.

We have to remember that we played the worst run D in the NFL

But Ryan Grant showed us something we haven't seen yet this year; a guy with some very good instincts and potential that could make it through a whole game

BallHawk
10-29-2007, 11:32 PM

But Ryan Grant showed us something we haven't seen yet this year; a guy with some very good instincts and potential that could make it through a whole game

What impressed me about Grant is that he chooses a hole and then runs hard into that hole, unlike Jackson who decides on the hole when he is already being tackled by two D-Lineman.

Wynn choses a hole, hits it, and then gets injured.

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2007, 11:33 PM

yes. the holes were big.

I am not so impressed with GRant. But he is alright.

Wynn is of no use, he gets hurt too easily,.

Morency is awful, he looks injured. Jackson, well, he has been covered.

Grant by default!!!!

I'm on Grant's Gang.

Packgator
10-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Any questions???

Yes.....I have one. Why does this thread exist??

esoxx
10-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Any questions???

Because someone had to make we all understood his blanket statement. The next overthrow/underthrow on a deep pass (imagine a QB doing that) I'm sure there will be vindication. :?

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2007, 11:37 PM

It exists because you perceive it to exist, friend. The whole universe is just in your imagination.

LEWCWA
10-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Not to piss on the camp fire, but Favre himself even said he thought the first one was overthrown. This thread isn't about arm strenth or Favre losing it. It is about Brett not throwing the deep ball well. He doesn't have great touch and that proves out over his career, regardless of tonight!

woodbuck27
10-30-2007, 12:16 AM

Yup. . . lets cut Favre.

He cannot throw the BOMB! Not a frikkin clue. His arm is dead.

He is just sad.

Yaaaa sure. Get rid of the bum. :)

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Favre's deep ball isn't his greatest throw, but it's not like he can do it. Even at that, he's always been in the top half of the league. Of course, he throws the slant (and other 15-20 rifle shots) better than anybody in the history of the league. He also has good touch on the ball. His pocket presence and escapability ranks with the best. His toughness is tops. His leadership is right up there with the best of them.

cpk1994
10-30-2007, 09:39 AM

Good point. I'd like to see him make those throws in the smog of Los Angeles. Good thing there's no team there anymore. :twisted:

Until the Vikings move there, anyways.