PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Tough Schedule coming up

Partial
10-25-2007, 12:30 PM
The Pats have a pretty tough schedule coming up. Personally, I have a bet going that they drop a couple of games with a friend who thinks they'll run the table. I suspect we'll see them fall to any number of these teams:

Washington
@Indy
@Baltimore
Pittsburgh
@NYGiants

I hate the Patriots.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Colts are the only team might, after that I agree with your friend.

The Leaper
10-25-2007, 12:56 PM
It will be more interesting to see what happens when the weather turns. The Pats to this point have played in perfect weather.

LL2
10-25-2007, 01:05 PM
As they say "Any given Sunday...", so the Patriots could drop a couple games. I would like to see that too. They are so cocky right now. They are playing at such a high level right now. If they maintain it they will run the table, but if a team catches them off guard they can easily lose.

retailguy
10-25-2007, 01:07 PM
I hate the Patriots.

You probably didn't say that in 2001 when they beat the Warner led Rams though, did you? :P

My how times have changed.... I understand, BTW...

FWIW, I think your friend is right. They'll probably run the table. Colts are the only ones that I think beat them, but I'm not sure the Defense has enough in the tank to stop them.

DannoMac21
10-25-2007, 01:16 PM
They'll lose one if not a couple of those games.

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Washington springs the upset this week.

b bulldog
10-25-2007, 04:48 PM
No chance that the skins win this weekend although they will be looking ahead to the Colts but imo, will win a close game.

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2007, 04:53 PM
There's always a chance. If Miami could blow out the Patriots last year and the Colts 0-9-1 team could beat the defending champs (Pack) 41-38 in 1997 with a backup QB, anything is possible. It's the NFL.

b bulldog
10-25-2007, 04:56 PM
I agree, there is always a chance but in my humble opinion, the skins aren't good enough and that is even if the Pats are looking ahead to the Colts game. If it was in Washington I may think otherwise but it is in NE.

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2007, 05:02 PM
I think Washington has a good team. Normally, the Patriots win this one 9 out of 10, but they are bound to be off in a game, and Washington is the type of team that could take advantage. I think they have the best pair of safeties in the NFL, and that might help limit the impact of Randy Moss.

BallHawk
10-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Outside of the Colts, the Ravens have the best chance at beating them.

By season's end, the Ravens are probably going to be the 3rd best team in the AFC. They're going through some bumps right now, but they're a talented football team and they should work out the kinks.

Actually, put me on record for saying the Ravens beat the Pats.

I'll gladly eat some crow pie if Baltimore loses.

Partial
10-25-2007, 05:12 PM
I think there are plenty of teams with good shots.

Jacksonville is a good team and could face them in the Playoffs.
San Diego will be a tough team to beat in the Playoffs.
Pittsburgh could beat them on the ground. Big Ben is playing lights out as well.
Indy will be an absolute battle.
Washington is a very tough team.
Baltimore will be very tough when healthy.

They probably won't run the table because they won't stay this lucky the whole year. An injury to Moss and they aren't as bulletproof.

Freak Out
10-25-2007, 05:29 PM
I disagree...I think Indy has the only real shot a beating them unless some key people start getting hurt. I can see them going without a loss in the regular season.

Partial
10-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Remember that unstoppable Packers team that had the best offense and defense (both ranked #1 in the league). They lost a couple of games.

b bulldog
10-25-2007, 06:51 PM
The Redskins O is not going to score enough points to win this game and the same will be said when they play the Ravens.

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Well, that leaves the Colts. My prediction: I think a team other than the Colts (whether they beat the Pats or not) will beat the Patriots this year. It always happens. The 1998 Vikings team looked unbeatable--until the Bucs beat them in Tampa Bay.

b bulldog
10-25-2007, 07:52 PM
That is not a far fetched idea but I bet neither the skins or Ravens get it done.

wpony
10-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Lets just hope that Moss starts working the other side of his magic so far only the white magic LOL when will he start the Black magic and tear them apart he has done that where ever he has been :evil:

MadtownPacker
10-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Washington springs the upset this week.SOB!! Beat me to it. I think the same thing. Washington will play them tough and be expecting the pass. Taylor will have to pound moss into the ground but it is possible because moss doesnt like getting hit. Thats why he had so much success against sharper.

MJZiggy
10-25-2007, 09:23 PM
I was just explaining to one of the locals today why the Skins are taking this one (either that or it's just that I want them to so bad).

b bulldog
10-28-2007, 04:24 PM
I think the Colts may win next week but no way in hell do the skins have enough talent to win this game . I'll take the Colts by 3 next week.

Guiness
10-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Seems you were quite right Bulldog - NE up by 38 now! It's insane the way they're pasting the 'skins.

billy_oliver880
10-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Looks like the patriots are running the score up again. :evil:

]{ilr]3
10-28-2007, 05:31 PM

What I would think that opposing players and actually Patriots offensive players would find insulting is the way that Billbelicheat puts defensive players in on the goal line all the time.

I hope his own team turns on him for that. I would get pissed if that asswipe insulted me week after week by not allowing me to do my job.

HarveyWallbangers
10-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Forget what I said.
:oops:

PackerTimer
10-28-2007, 05:37 PM

those jerks have no class. some of it is sour graps because they are soooooo good, but throwing deep balls to Moss when you are up 38-0 is clearly running up the score.

PackerTimer
10-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Second down from the 2 and they are still throwing the ball with a 38-0 lead. More reasons for me to hate this team. I'm being completely honest, when I say, I would hate it if the Packers did something like this.

Bretsky
10-28-2007, 05:56 PM
[quote="Partial"]The Pats have a pretty tough schedule coming up. Personally, I have a bet going that they drop a couple of games with a friend who thinks they'll run the table. I suspect we'll see them fall to any number of these teams:

Washington
@Indy
@Baltimore
Pittsburgh
@NYGiants

I hate the Patriots.[/quote

Just found this thread

I like the Patriots; 3rd favorite team. And I'm not a victory homer. For evidence the Rams are my 2nd favorite team.

They might lose one of those five games

BallHawk
10-28-2007, 06:20 PM
I like the Patriots; 3rd favorite team. And I'm not a victory homer. For evidence the Rams are my 2nd favorite team.

You have other favorite teams?

C'mon, B, it's the Packers and then everybody else. :D

I don't have favorites, just teams that I don't hate as much as others. :lol:

lod01
10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Second down from the 2 and they are still throwing the ball with a 38-0 lead. More reasons for me to hate this team. I'm being completely honest, when I say, I would hate it if the Packers did something like this.

If no defense is man enough to do something about it, they are just going to keep going. If I was the Dc, it would be all out blitz everydamn play. What's going to happen differently? They score a TD and Brady has a few broken ribs.

Bretsky
10-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Forget what I said.
:oops:

:laugh: at HW's prediction :wink:

Partial
10-28-2007, 07:59 PM

Hey I made a $5 bet against the spread and got made fun of for it all day at work. I was in the same boat with you today. We here at PR sink or swim together :D

Bretsky
10-28-2007, 08:02 PM

Hey I made a $5 bet against the spread and got made fun of for it all day at work. I was in the same boat with you today. We here at PR sink or swim together :D

Why Why Why P ?

Patriots have covered the spread every game this year. The betters should ride the hot team. Packnut is prolly laughing all the way to the bank.

b bulldog
10-28-2007, 08:51 PM
I think the noise, Indy's team speed on D and Freeney will give the edge to Indy this week. I also think that the Pats will try to run it down Indy's throat. I think the Pats D will let them down this weekend and Brady is due for a bad game. If the Pats win this game, 16-0.

Bretsky
10-28-2007, 08:54 PM
I think the noise, Indy's team speed on D and Freeney will give the edge to Indy this week. I also think that the Pats will try to run it down Indy's throat. I think the Pats D will let them down this weekend and Brady is due for a bad game. If the Pats win this game, 16-0.

I'm in a FFL where prize is around 2,500. Brady is my QB. Reggie Wayne is my #2 WR. It goes total points throughout the year.

I just want NE and Indy to have to fight for the best record so they have to play their starters the whole year.

If that means one of them is 14-1 and the other is 15-0 going into the last week I'm happy with that

b bulldog
10-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Good picks B

Bretsky
10-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Good picks B

It was an auction league so we just had to decide where to spend the $$
Going well so far

Partial
10-28-2007, 09:18 PM

Why Why Why P ?

Patriots have covered the spread every game this year. The betters should ride the hot team. Packnut is prolly laughing all the way to the bank.

'Cause I hate the Patriots. I also thought that they were due for a bad week against a #5 rated Washington defense. I thought they had physical enough safeties to minimize moss. I also thought they would have good enough speed on offense to beat the aging linebackers of NE and develop a running game.

b bulldog
10-28-2007, 09:28 PM
The Skins may be decent for an NFC team but they just are not very close to the Pats or Colts. They don't score enough points.

ZachMN
10-28-2007, 09:34 PM

Thats the only thing that could be better is if it were tha Pack running roughshod over every team every week. Whats wrong with everyone?? This is football for chrissakes!! Running up the score?? in the words of Denny Green bullshit BULLSHIT! Just because the other teams is getting beat and decides they don't want to play, fuck that, didn't Indy come back against the Bucs one year after being down an 'insurmountable' score??

NO SUCH THING AS RUNNING UP THE SCORE IN PRO SPORTS EVER!

Bretsky
10-28-2007, 09:39 PM

Why Why Why P ?

'Cause I hate the Patriots. I also thought that they were due for a bad week against a #5 rated Washington defense. I thought they had physical enough safeties to minimize moss. I also thought they would have good enough speed on offense to beat the aging linebackers of NE and develop a running game.

Jason Campbell is their QB; at best he is inconsistent.
Clinton Portis has been banged up, and Betts is just decent.
I just don't think anybody in the NFC can compete with the big boyz

And everybody underestimates how solid Welker is. And Stallworth has solid talent. Bottom line is NE's OL is very good and there are very few teams who can cover all three of them.

If I was laying bills down I'd bet on the Pats and the spread every week of the year until you get beat. BB seems to have an unconscienable mojo to destroy teams in the year when his dignity was hurt

Not to mention he's the best coach since Lombardi.

If you play the letdown strategy your best shot will be next week at Indy.

Personally I would not touch that game and look forward to watching the duel

RIPackerFan
10-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Sorry - the only way to beat the Pats is to cheat - and by cheat I mean the following:

Mug the recievers every pass play - hold within 5 yards - disrupt for at least 2 - 3 seconds. Teach the linebackers to do the same. And I am not talking about a bump and run - I am talking about holding and tackling.

Go after Brady - hit him even if he releases the ball. Mostly through run blitzes - since if your d-backs are doing their job - all the recievers should be held up - and if they run - you are ready for it.

This will at least allow them to get five yards a pop via penalties (but hey, they would get that anyway, even if you didn't cheat).

Meanwhile, you may be able to pop Brady enough to get him scared (or maybe even out of the game).

Basically, I don't see any other way to beat them. They are too good. Save for an injury to Brady or to two or three O-linemen (who have been playing out of their mind), I don't see them losing a game.

woodbuck27
10-28-2007, 09:57 PM
The Pats have a pretty tough schedule coming up. Personally, I have a bet going that they drop a couple of games with a friend who thinks they'll run the table. I suspect we'll see them fall to any number of these teams:

Washington
@Indy
@Baltimore
Pittsburgh
@NYGiants

I hate the Patriots.

Washington (An easy victory for the Pat's **)
@Indy (A solid all round team with an awesome QB, WR's and young RB. . just a maybe)
@Baltimore (Noooo !!)
Pittsburgh (getting the word on Steven Jackson. . .NOPE !)
@NYGiants (Eli ' the Younger manning ' Vs Tom Brady. . are you kidding me !!)

The Pats go the 2007 season undefeated winning the Super bowl in whistle and dance routine. This team is only getting better.

Pats 52 - Skins only seven !! What a team to go with the Red Sox.

Wondering what the Celtics can do? :)

Future FLASH !!

Real Estate prices escalate in New England.

Just Brady and Moss is enough with the help of Stallworth and the man fr. Miami but now Maroney is looking OK.

** Just checked the Pats Vs. Skins score today and HOLY MACKERAL.Stinky.

The rest of the NFL is helpless against this well coached, well oiled machine.

Pats ALL THE WAY !!

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 07:19 AM
"Real Estate prices escalate in New England. "

For every Patriot fan there is Jet or Giant fan to counter balance............thank God. Not all in NE are bowing at the altar of Belichik....
Now, the RED SOX............that's a different matter.

WAY TO GO SOX!!!!

mmmdk
10-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Pats 52 Skins 7

Which NFC wants to get pounded, at Arizona, at the SB? Well, Indy could stop the Pats but Colts & Pats are unstoppable...these days. NFC is toast!