PDA

View Full Version : Denver writer fears PACKER NATION INVASION!!!!

gbpackfan
10-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Look out, Packer Nation invades!
by Bill Williamson on October 25, 2007

I’m all for free trade and the betterment of one’s wallet. But here’s a warning to Broncos season ticket holders who may want to turn a quick buck instead of going to Monday night’s game, in order to watch the Rockies in the World Series: Know who you’re selling your tickets to.

Otherwise, Invesco Field at Mile High will turn into a dairy.

Green Bay is coming. Here’s a sure-fire prediction: there will be more Packers fans in Denver this weekend than Red Sox fans. Packers fans are fabulous. They travel like a college town to a bowl game.

Packers fans will make Pittsburgh fans seem fickle. There will be a bunch of Packers fans in town Monday. And if Broncos fans would rather watch baseball, those Packers fans will be more than willing to pick up the tickets.

Again, go ahead and make money but don’t be surprised if the cheeseheads outnumber the home fans if that’s the case.

Packer Nation is coming.

Harlan Huckleby
10-25-2007, 05:38 PM
The hosting account for www.packernation.com has expired

Freak Out
10-25-2007, 06:03 PM
The hosting account for www.packernation.com has expired

Not the rights to it though...

GBRulz
10-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Rockies fans won't have a game to attend on Monday because the Sox are gonna sweep and wrap up the series on Sunday night :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
10-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Rockies fans won't have a game to attend on Monday because the Sox are gonna sweep and wrap up the series on Sunday night :lol:

but don't we want the Rockies to win so that the packer game starts a half hour earlier? I need my beauty sleep.

Rastak
10-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Sounds like you guys are happy about that yet complain when the same thing happens in Green Bay with some other team....ah, the life of a fan. Never logical...... :wink:

GBRulz
10-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Maybe you can go visit Mad this weekend. That way the game will start nice and early for ya :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
10-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I'd be too tense to sleep, afraid I might roll over on my belly.

But I like the concept.

gbpackfan
10-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Sounds like you guys are happy about that yet complain when the same thing happens in Green Bay with some other team....ah, the life of a fan. Never logical...... :wink:

I also complain when the Bears, Vikings and Lions win. But I NEVER complain when the Packers do! :D

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2007, 07:05 PM

I hope to hell this doesn't happen. I want their fans as disinterested/distracted as possible. Go Rockies!

Rastak
10-25-2007, 07:14 PM

I hope to hell this doesn't happen. I want their fans as disinterested/distracted as possible. Go Rockies!

Good luck on that Harv....baseball more interesting than football? Back in the late 80's, before I decided to hate baseball forever, I went over to a buddies house and he insisted on MNF over the World Series on the tube. Now, I would agree, but back then I was astounded.......

superfan
10-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Always a good feeling to see your team well represented on the road. That's a tough place to play - the team will need all the help it can get.

Jimx29
10-25-2007, 07:28 PM
I'd be too tense to sleep, afraid I might roll over on my belly.
You just need a kick stand

http://i21.tinypic.com/2jg0xgy.jpg

problem solved

BallHawk
10-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Not only do Packer fans travel well, there's a lot of them and they live all across the nation

Everybody's trying to get away from the Wisconsin winters. Thus, Packer fans live all across the country.

Hmm, if Mile High holds about 75,000 people how many Packer fans would be considered a good turnout?

superfan
10-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I'd say anything over 15,000 is respectable.

GBRulz
10-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Everybody's trying to get away from the Wisconsin winters. Thus, Packer fans live all across the country.

LOL - so they will travel to Denver who just had what, 6 inches of snow?

I hear ya though, BH... I was bummed after the realignment that Tampa wasn't in our division anymore. My sis lives in FL and I went to that game just about every year. Why couldn't they take out MN instead?

BallHawk
10-25-2007, 08:49 PM

LOL - so they will travel to Denver who just had what, 6 inches of snow?

I hear ya though, BH... I was bummed after the realignment that Tampa wasn't in our division anymore. My sis lives in FL and I went to that game just about every year. Why couldn't they take out MN instead?

In Denver, though, it'll snow overnight and be up to 70 degrees by noon. You know the saying in Denver, "If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes."

I don't blame you for going down to Tampa, it's a nice city. Nice airport, too.

MadtownPacker
10-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Sounds like you guys are happy about that yet complain when the same thing happens in Green Bay with some other team....ah, the life of a fan. Never logical...... :wink:Well when you actually use your brain and think about it it is very logical. You will realize everyone is complaining about the same thing. Detractor-ass season ticket holders selling to opposing fans. They ultimately control what happens and this guy is saying to not sell to Packer backers. Can't hate on him for that cant hate on us either. Taking over enemy territory is always a good thing in any battle.

Guiness
10-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Not only do Packer fans travel well, there's a lot of them and they live all across the nation

Hmm, if Mile High holds about 75,000 people how many Packer fans would be considered a good turnout?

Packer fandom is widespread...everywhere I've been, I've seen Pittsburgh, Dallas and Packer fans sporting their colours. A lot of Oakland stuff as well, of course, but that has nothing to do with the football team! Last year's Buffalo game had a pile of Green and Gold in the stands.

MJZiggy
10-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Sounds like you guys are happy about that yet complain when the same thing happens in Green Bay with some other team....ah, the life of a fan. Never logical...... :wink:Well when you actually use your brain and think about it it is very logical. You will realize everyone is complaining about the same thing. Detractor-ass season ticket holders selling to opposing fans. They ultimately control what happens and this guy is saying to not sell to Packer backers. Can't hate on him for that cant hate on us either. Taking over enemy territory is always a good thing in any battle.

He's just pissed 'cause the Vikes never do it....