PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rouse

Brando19
10-25-2007, 08:29 PM
I was very happy when the Packers drafted Rouse in this year's draft from Va Tech. I don't get to watch every Packer game on television and I don't know if he's had alot of playing time. What do you guys think of him? Could he be a starting Safety in a year or two? Is he better than Manuel was? If Collins goes down, could he pick up where he left off?

falco
10-25-2007, 08:31 PM
I was very happy when the Packers drafted Rouse in this year's draft from Va Tech. I don't get to watch every Packer game on television and I don't know if he's had alot of playing time. What do you guys think of him? Could he be a starting Safety in a year or two? Is he better than Manuel was? If Collins goes down, could he pick up where he left off?

i don't think anyone's seen much of him yet. he didn't get awhole lot of playing time in the preseason either, if i recall.

Brando19
10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
He was a hard hitting safety in college. I really enjoyed watching him play. I hope the Packers keep him around and give him a chance. I also with the Packers would pick up David Clowney as well. He's another VA Tech draft pick that has some killer speed.

BallHawk
10-25-2007, 08:43 PM
He was a hard hitting safety in college. I really enjoyed watching him play. I hope the Packers keep him around and give him a chance. I also with the Packers would pick up David Clowney as well. He's another VA Tech draft pick that has some killer speed.

Leo Bookman had world-class speed, but you need more than speed to make it in the NFL.

Clowney may be good in a few years, but he's extremely raw and he needs to work on his hands.

Besides, there really isn't any guy out there that would be a better WR than either Ruvell or Koren.

Brando19
10-25-2007, 08:47 PM

Leo Bookman had world-class speed, but you need more than speed to make it in the NFL.

Clowney may be good in a few years, but he's extremely raw and he needs to work on his hands.

Besides, there really isn't any guy out there that would be a better WR than either Ruvell or Koren.

True...but I wish the Pack would have given him a chance at kick or punt returns. He could have been our Hester (wishful thinking.) Besides...I hate having Woodson on punt returns...the man does too much and it's going to eventually take it's toll!

BallHawk
10-25-2007, 08:54 PM
True...but I wish the Pack would have given him a chance at kick or punt returns. He could have been our Hester (wishful thinking.) Besides...I hate having Woodson on punt returns...the man does too much and it's going to eventually take it's toll!

I agree with you on CW. Why we continue to put him returning punts is beyond me. First off, he's not that good. If he was even close to Devin Hester's ability I'd understand, but he's not even close to what Devin can do. Second, he's your starting corner, who's had injuries in the past, and his back-up is Jarret Bush. :shock:

Brando19
10-25-2007, 08:56 PM

I agree with you on CW. Why we continue to put him returning punts is beyond me. First off, he's not that good. If he was even close to Devin Hester's ability I'd understand, but he's not even close to what Devin can do. Second, he's your starting corner, who's had injuries in the past, and his back-up is Jarret Bush. :shock:

Exactly. Woodson is our shut down cornerback. Having him return punts....which like you said, he's not that good at....is like putting Favre on Special Teams! Why not put Bush in their or Walker or....like I suggested...a guy like Clowney!?

MadtownPacker
10-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Rouse already laid the wood to a few guys this season. Wasn't it the giants game where he destroyed someone when he filled in on D for Collins? He looks big out there.

Brando19
10-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Rouse already laid the wood to a few guys this season. Wasn't it the giants game where he destroyed someone when he filled in on D for Collins? He looks big out there.

Sweet. The man was a beast in college and I hope he will be a beast for the Pack.

Carolina_Packer
10-25-2007, 09:43 PM
The cream usually rises to the top, my man. Although, is Rouse more of a FS or SS? If SS, he might have a bit of a wait if Bigby keeps it up.

I wonder if they'd consider using Rouse to cover a TE on obvious passing downs? They could take Poppinga out and let AJ open up a can.

Guiness
10-25-2007, 11:57 PM
I've wondered why they keep Pop in there on those downs as well - as stated, Rouse can certainly handle bringing down an RB, and would do a much better job on TE's - they could go to a dime package in situations that would normally call for a nickle.

Partial
10-26-2007, 12:14 AM
I've wondered why they keep Pop in there on those downs as well - as stated, Rouse can certainly handle bringing down an RB, and would do a much better job on TE's - they could go to a dime package in situations that would normally call for a nickle.

Moreso than his speed, I think his length would bode very well for covering tight ends. Ideally he could be used in the box w/ Hawk and Barnett on 3rd and short.

KYPack
10-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Rouse is a great prospect. He's so green that right now he's a liability. Earlier this year, he got two penalties within 5 minutes on ST.

He's played very little at FS, but he seems a little comfortable at his position. It's wait and see until he matures. One problem is he might not get there until his 3rd year.

Deputy Nutz
10-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Rouse is really green, he bounce around quite a bit at V-Tech, from a linebacker to a defensive back. He has really good speed, and workout times, but a lot of scouts didn't think much of him in coverage and in space. Hopefully he has improved on those flaws because they are important for a safety.

Hopefully by the time Rouse is ready to start, Collins contract will be up, or he has finally grasped the concept of playing safety. He just reminds me of Antwaun Edwards.

Zool
10-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Or a taller faster Bhawoh Jue