PDA

View Full Version : Gado!!

Tony Oday
05-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Love the guy. The press on him seems VERY good and he is still humble. I would love to see him win the #1 spot and have Green play a 'Marshall Faulk' style vet running as a change of pace Back and keep Davenport in for strictly back-up duties.

I can't wait to see him run for over 1,000 yards and 12 TDs :) that would be a nice year behind the new zone blocking o line.

MJZiggy
05-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Sam's Club lives!! Yeah! :D

Tarlam!
05-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Sam's Club lives!! Yeah! :D

No it doesn't. Because non of the damned Club Officials have stopped having their lunch break long enough to call the Club back to order. These people are even worse than the front office people running that new NFL expansion team.

I know, nobody thinks that's possible, but clearly, the evidence supports this most outlandish claim!

Tony Oday
05-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Well when a lunch hour goes into happy hour there are just so many hours in the day!!!

MJZiggy
05-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Who's in charge of this group anyway. I was late to the party so only accepted as a scrub even though I loved the kid from the get-go. My gut still sings to me when I think about him.

MadtownPacker
05-09-2006, 01:07 PM
My gut still sings to me when I think about him.Sure its not a lil lower then your gut? :razz:

Can someone go to the wasteland and get the original Sam's Club list? We can turn this into the new one.

MJZiggy
05-09-2006, 01:09 PM
My knees have nothing to do with this. :razz:

MJZiggy
05-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Ugh. Now I need a shower. Looks like there'll have to be some substitutions.

BananaMan, El Presidente for Life
Jerry Tagge, President
Harlan Huckleby, President
*FavreChild, Vice President
grnbay007, Vice President
GadoluvSamkon, Vice President, Community Relations
**MadtownPacker, Director of Security
Scratchy Nutz, Human Resources Director

Samkon's Inner Circle:
Balls2TheWalls
tundra head
Guiness
lambeauleapers
OS PA
packer44
Bretsky
Tarlam!
hxadecmel

Associate Members:
Tony Oday
HarveyWallbangers
pittstang5
Creepy
GreenDay
*RUnuts2
BooHoo
TedThompson
St. Lou
ncbrewcrew
oldschoolmikey
djworza

Pledges:
australianpackerbacker
cheezheadz
AKfaust
imscott72
PackFan2004
BF4MVP
lamboo
CouleeRegion-PackerFan
The Leaper
Jim Jim
Mr. T (nominated for Bouncer)
mjziggy
murphy37

Wants nothing to do with this idiotic club:
SkinBasket

* Has Samkon-themed tattoos or body piercings
** Retired

BooHoo
05-09-2006, 02:12 PM
I forgot I was a member of the club. When is the next meeting? Hawaii I hope. Does the club pay the bill?

Tarlam!
05-09-2006, 03:29 PM
What ever happened to the dancing banana!!!!????!!!!

ND72
05-09-2006, 03:40 PM
i'm the thread killer. only way this guy is on the team this year is because we didn't get anyone else. Ahman will be the starter, with Gado as a backup, maybe even to Najeh. I know he had good numbers, but he also wasn't consistant, soem games he didn't even show up for, and more importantly, he has a higher fumble to carry average than ahman green does.

MJZiggy
05-09-2006, 03:44 PM
i'm the thread killer. only way this guy is on the team this year is because we didn't get anyone else. Ahman will be the starter, with Gado as a backup, maybe even to Najeh. I know he had good numbers, but he also wasn't consistant, soem games he didn't even show up for, and more importantly, he has a higher fumble to carry average than ahman green does.

Think back to Ahman's early years. Remember the horrid fumble problem?

ND72
05-09-2006, 03:57 PM
um....ahman was putting up HUGE numbers his first few years in green bay, not 500 yards...he was putting up 1200 and 600 and 20 TD yearly...i know gado played in 5 or 6 games, and of those 5 or 6, he only played well in like 3 of them. Gado reminds me nothing of ahman. PLUS, the big "knock" on Gado coming out of college was he did not understand and could not run in a zone blocking scheme....what scheme are we running now?

MJZiggy
05-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Check out M3's comments after mini-camp.

Joemailman
05-09-2006, 04:18 PM
um....ahman was putting up HUGE numbers his first few years in green bay, not 500 yards...he was putting up 1200 and 600 and 20 TD yearly...i know gado played in 5 or 6 games, and of those 5 or 6, he only played well in like 3 of them. Gado reminds me nothing of ahman. PLUS, the big "knock" on Gado coming out of college was he did not understand and could not run in a zone blocking scheme....what scheme are we running now?

College Career

As a senior at Liberty, saw action in nine games … Carried the ball 138 times for a career-high 901 yards (6.5 avg.) with a team-high 11 TDs … Added 12 catches for 95 yards (7.9 avg.) … Returned 10 kickoffs for 269 yards (26.9 avg.) with a TD and recorded nine special teams tackles … Appeared in 11 games as a junior, rushing 47 times for 337 yards (7.2 avg.) with three TDs, and catching 13 passes for 182 yards (14.0 avg.) with three scores … Added two kickoff returns for 26 yards (13.0 avg.) … As sophomore played in all 11 games … Carried the ball 36 times for 136 yards (3.8 avg.) with a TD and caught 11 passes for 190 yards (17.3 avg.) with three touchdowns … Also returned one kickoff for 11 yards and recorded eight special teams tackles … Saw duty in eight games as a true freshman … Rushed 52 times for 257 yards (4.5 avg.) with a TD and added two receptions for 19 yards (9.5 avg.).

It would appear that Gado got better as he gained more experience at Liberty. As a Packer, he certainly had more success running behind a suspect line than anyone else. You say he only had 3 good games. Well, that's 3 more than Green had. I hope Ahman makes it back, but right now, Gado is clearly our best back.

Badgepack
05-09-2006, 04:18 PM
I think being in camp all year and player behind/with Green will only help Gado continue hes success. Hopefully no soph slump for him. He sure was fun to watch and listen to last year.

Tony Oday
05-09-2006, 04:29 PM
He has by far the most upside to any back in Green and Gold. He WILL have a breakout year and be our starter. I do not see Green coming back to workhorse form and Najeh are you kidding me? the closet pooper cant stay healthy for more than a game and a half.

Gado will be our 1000 yard rusher with over 10 TDs

Harlan Huckleby
05-09-2006, 04:54 PM
My hope is that Gado can stay healthy, keeping Davenport & Green off the field before they are ready. I hope Green, in particular, is worked-in slowly throughout the fall. He isn't even gonna be cleared to practice until August, from what I've read.

Bretsky
05-09-2006, 09:23 PM
I MAY GET FIRED FOR THIS, BUT I DON'T THINK GADO WILL EXCEL IN THIS SYSTEM. HIS WEAKNESS WAS PICKING THE RIGHT HOLES LAST YEAR AND HE DID MISS SOME. THIS OFFENSE WILL BE VERY CHALLENGING FOR HIM

MJZiggy
05-09-2006, 09:29 PM
B, why are you yelling? How can you be doubting now? M3 said he looked good in training camp, he's been working on the offseason program since March and reportedly had no problem finding the holes. We're not at Liberty anymore.

ND72
05-09-2006, 09:31 PM
not to bash, but a lot of people look good in shorts and a t-shirt....except me of course, yuck.

anyway...i just wrote this on another thread...i want to like gado, i really do. but until he does it game in and game out, i'm reserving judgement

GrnBay007
05-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey Tony, love the part of your siggy: William Henderson ownes ESPN!!!!

Besides getting Hawk that was my favorite moment of the draft!!

Green & Gado will soar to new heights in 2006!!!! :mrgreen:

Joemailman
05-09-2006, 09:45 PM
I MAY GET FIRED FOR THIS, BUT I DON'T THINK GADO WILL EXCEL IN THIS SYSTEM. HIS WEAKNESS WAS PICKING THE RIGHT HOLES LAST YEAR AND HE DID MISS SOME. THIS OFFENSE WILL BE VERY CHALLENGING FOR HIM

Last year, he had trouble picking the right holes, especially early. However, he was running behind a blocking scheme that was very different from what he ran behind in college. This year the blocking scheme will be more like what he ran behind in college. Not to mention the fact that he will have an entire training camp to get accustomed to it, which he did not have last year.

ND72
05-09-2006, 09:55 PM
actually i have to argue with that. everythign i read about Gado, was that Sherman's offense was EXACTLY what Gado ran in college. he was their short yardage/goalline back. And "in sherman's offense, he'd be runnign plays he very much ran in college" according to scouts.inc

ND72
05-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Scouts. Inc

Samkon Gado

Strength: Straight ahead power running game. Gado was the short yardage/power back for Liberty, and a straight ahead Power game would suit him very well in the NFL.

Weakness: Reading. Struggled badly in Liberty's zone running offense. When Gado came into the game, Liberty would not run a zone. He simply cannot grasp the idea of running in space. Too much of a straight ahead runner for a zone team.

FavreChild
05-09-2006, 10:22 PM
You better believe you are WAY FIRED, Bretsky. All y'all other Samkon haters, too. With our unstable RB court, y'all should be bending over backward to backflip onto the SAMKON bandwagon.

And - as I plainly stated earlier this month - Sam's Club will have its grand reopening SOON. Samkon does not wish to intrude on the excitement of the draft and our new prospects. Thus, the grand re-opening would not have taken place during the draft or this first mini-camp. No need to strip attention away from other new assets.

What else do I have to say??

***COMING SOON: SAM'S CLUB***

GrnBay007
05-09-2006, 10:36 PM
***COMING SOON: SAM'S CLUB***

Any chance Mr. Gado could make a guest appearance during the grand opening of the new Sam's Club??????????

Negate the above.....soaring to new heights.....that's WR....we'll leave that to Jennings.

GREEN & GADO = PUNISHING RUNS OF 2006!! :cool: