PDA

View Full Version : Packers receivers vs. Broncos secondary

Kiwon
10-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Who wins the battle on Monday night?

pittstang5
10-27-2007, 07:17 AM
Depends on who in the Bronco's Secondary plays.

I think Bailey is Questionable and Dre Bly isn't 100% either.

If Bailey plays - he's good for at least one INT, same could be said for Bly.

It's gonna be a long night if the Packers can't run the ball.

Kiwon
10-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Does the return of Koren Robinson give the Packers the edge if Farve has time to throw?

Maxie the Taxi
10-27-2007, 09:04 AM
The key is pressure on Favre.

If Denver succeeds in hurrying Favre or getting to him, count on it being a long night. Hurrying Favre = bonehead throws.

If Favre can hit some quick, three step drop passes or successful checkoffs to RB's to relieve the Bronco's DL pressure, then we might be OK without a real good running game.

This is going to be tough to do, though, because Denver plays the GB syle bump and run. It's why the Broncos are so tough against the pass.

Rastak
10-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Does the return of Koren Robinson give the Packers the edge if Favre has time to throw?

No, he hasn't played in a long long time and has a propensity to drop catchable balls. He'll be a zero factor.

Jennings, Driver and Jones however, ARE factors. Denver needs to get decent pressure on Favre or they could be in for a long night.

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2007, 10:22 AM
He'll be a zero factor.

Tell that to Bodiford, who probably gets cut now. :D

Kiwon
10-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Does the return of Koren Robinson give the Packers the edge if Favre has time to throw?

No, he hasn't played in a long long time and has a propensity to drop catchable balls. He'll be a zero factor.

Well, I'm hoping that Koren makes a little personal MNF history for himself. It's a big stage and it would be a perfect time to start to rehabilitate his reputation.

lod01
10-27-2007, 05:29 PM
The Pack does if they go 4 wide.

Try and stop Driver, Jennings, Jones and Robinson.

Packers4Ever
10-27-2007, 08:05 PM

Well, I'm hoping that Koren makes a little personal MNF history for himself. It's a big stage and it would be a perfect time to start to rehabilitate his reputation.

You're right, I never looked at the MNF factor, the (local) info I've been reading sounds like he may not play too long and not for too many times, but just for him to be a part of the game again could go a long way towards getting him back into playing form....make 'em sit up and say 'hey who's that?' 8-)

Kiwon
10-30-2007, 04:21 AM

Answer: The Packers' receivers.

One of the greatest wins ever in Packer history.

Scott Campbell
10-30-2007, 07:04 AM

Last night was my second favorite Monday night Favre game - just behind the Big Irv game.

mmmdk
10-30-2007, 07:13 AM
Beating the ponies at Denver, first time ever, is pretty special.

Kiwon
10-30-2007, 07:28 AM

Last night was my second favorite Monday night Favre game - just behind the Big Irv game.

Those were two special games with very different atmospheres around them. One was 100% poignant and the other 100% enjoyable and exciting in a pure football sense.

Farve's TD pass reminded me of his winning toss against the Lions very early in his career, except that one was a Farve-special heave and last night's was a beautifully executed play.

Man, when Farve is on he is really something to see.

Maxie the Taxi
10-30-2007, 07:34 AM
I saw the game on TV but didn't record it. It didn't seem to me that Denver was playing much bump and run, certainly not like the Packers play it. Jennings and Jones were getting some good cushion much of the night. Am I wrong?

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 09:54 AM
I noticed Al Harris playing off receivers last night more than he usually does, as well.

Packers4Ever
10-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Depends on who in the Bronco's Secondary plays.

I think Bailey is Questionable and Dre Bly isn't 100% either.

If Bailey plays - he's good for at least one INT, same could be said for Bly.

It's gonna be a long night if the Packers can't run the ball.

3N3N3N3N3N3N3N3N3N3N3N3N3N3N3

Bailey and Bly? They weren't too scary. They couldn't
keep up with our guys! :wink:
I thought they did great running too. I could just watch that
footage all night and then capping it off with Jennings' fabulous
catch and TD !! WOO HOOOOO :thank: