PDA

View Full Version : Patriots

packinpatland
10-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Have I mentioned before how much I dislike the Patriots?
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Rastak
10-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Have I mentioned before how much I dislike the Patriots?
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm beginning to think they should cancel the rest of the season and just give them the trophy....YIKES!

packinpatland
10-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Bellichek is going to make every team in the league pay for his getting caught for his 'indiscretions', by running up scores. There's no doubt that they are good. Too bad points can't be taken off the board for lack of class.

GrnBay007
10-28-2007, 06:23 PM
I don't like the Patriots but still I think the ONLY team that stands 1/2 chance of beating them is Indy.

I'm sure Moss is very pleased with the move he made.

MJZiggy
10-28-2007, 06:23 PM
And to think I used to like them. Now I don't. Never thought I'd say this without the Bears being involved. Go Colts! :smack:

4and12to12and4
10-28-2007, 06:50 PM
The New England Patriots are as dominating a team I have ever laid eyes on. The way they move the ball with ease and precision is unbelievable. I remember Dallas in the early 90's, Joe Montana and Co., the Steelers, but, this is uncanny. It's like they just play with their opponents and do what they want at will, and with Belichek with a chip on his shoulder, running up the score as much as possible to make a statement to the league, it is becoming a joke. I don't know if I even want the Pack to make it to the Superbowl, for what, just to get our asses handed to us by them? I bet the Colts will get dominated by them also. They were up by 21 points in the playoffs last year to the Colts with no offensive weapons, I can only imagine what they are gonna do to them next week. Maybe I'm wrong, I actually live in Indiana, it would be cool if the Colts beat them and got them off their high horse. Watching them makes my stomach ache. I was hoping that Washington would give them a good game since we barely beat Washington, that would've made me think we were at least somewhat in their league. Yeah right. Moss catches EVERYTHING thrown to him. Wes Walker is like the second coming of Christ, and Stallworth is Allah. It's unreal to watch. Not to mention they could probably win by running every play and not even pass the ball. It's sick. But as a football fan, it is something special to watch, like watching Michael Jordan so many years actually turned me into a closet Bulls fan because of my awe and enjoyment in watching him. It's like watching Federer play tennis. And dominate everyone, and watching Tiger play golf. I love hating them. And why does Brady have to be so damn good looking too, that's just unfair. I wonder what Favre would be able to do with that team.

Bretsky
10-28-2007, 07:58 PM
I like the Patriots, but BB throwing for the TD with a 38-0 win was junk.

RashanGary
10-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Like the 70's Steelers, this team is surrounded by questions of illegal performance enhancers. This team is unique in that they add the whole "spy gate" contraversy into their dynasty lore.

That said, they are as dominating as it gets in pro sports. They will certainly be in the discussion for best team EVER. The HGH and spy gate will forever be used to debate legitimacy, but history shows these things are pushed aside, remembering mostly the greatness.

Bretsky
10-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Like the 70's Steelers, this team is surrounded by questions of illegal performance enhancers. This team is unique in that they add the whole "spy gate" contraversy into their dynasty lore.

That said, they are as dominating as it gets in pro sports. They will certainly be in the discussion for best team EVER. The HGH and spy gate will forever be used to debate legitimacy, but history shows these things are pushed aside, remembering mostly the greatness.

Spygate is having no effect now as they are crushing anybody who goes on the field against them.

Maybe I missed something, but where does the HGH come in ?

oregonpackfan
10-28-2007, 08:06 PM
I agree that the Pats are playing at a level I have never seen any pro team consistently play.

I have watched enough football, however, to remember there are plenty of teams that had great seasons and then falter around playoff time. I am not claiming this will necessarily happen to the Pats. I am simply saying stranger things have happened.

Carolina_Packer
10-28-2007, 08:08 PM
It's a pick your poison proposition with them. Do you want to pressure Brady and possibly give up a defender in coverage or do you want to try and sit back in a zone and have the receivers shred you? If they actually do manage to cut off all the receiving routes, he checks down to a back. The really just take what the defense gives them.

There HAS to be a way to get smart pressure on him to try and alter some of the receiver's routes and the timing of their plays. If their opponents don't find a way to do these things, the Patriots are going to continue to have their way. Somebody just needs to smack the crap out of them.

Again, the league can really blame TT for the Patriot's big success this year. If he had gone after Moss with more abandon, he'd be our success story. :wink:

Bretsky
10-28-2007, 08:10 PM
I agree that the Pats are playing at a level I have never seen any pro team consistently play.

I have watched enough football, however, to remember there are plenty of teams that had great seasons and then falter around playoff time. I am not claiming this will necessarily happen to the Pats. I am simply saying stranger things have happened.

Agree completely; next week should be a great game against the Colts.

Bretsky
10-28-2007, 08:15 PM
It's a pick your poison proposition with them. Do you want to pressure Brady and possibly give up a defender in coverage or do you want to try and sit back in a zone and have the receivers shred you? If they actually do manage to cut off all the receiving routes, he checks down to a back. The really just take what the defense gives them.

There HAS to be a way to get smart pressure on him to try and alter some of the receiver's routes and the timing of their plays. If their opponents don't find a way to do these things, the Patriots are going to continue to have their way. Somebody just needs to smack the crap out of them.

Again, the league can really blame TT for the Patriot's big success this year. If he had gone after Moss with more abandon, he'd be our success story. :wink:

Maybe TT is getting a lil sidekick from BB and him botching up the Moss deal was destiny :lol:

Seriously, what a deadly combination of WR's

Randy Moss
Donte Stallworth
Wes Welker (use to be underrated)
Gaffney is OK

Ben Watson is a solid weapon as well

And kick in some good RB's and a solid OL and we get to witness dominance

Rastak
10-28-2007, 08:15 PM

Spygate is having no effect now as they are crushing anybody who goes on the field against them.

Maybe I missed something, but where does the HGH come in ?

Those were my questions too.

wpony
10-28-2007, 08:23 PM
The old dolphins could have beat them and not run up the score they played for fun not with this big chip on their shoulder they had so much fun doing it. they had such a balanced team great coach far greater QB, 3 runbacks that played fantastic together wr group that kicked but they would have schooled the pats imo. :soap:

RashanGary
10-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Spygate gave them info into other teams tendancies and signals (for many years, with info that people don't just "forget" after they get caught).

Rodney Harrison was suspended for 4 games for admitting to using HGH. From what I understand, it was a pretty big east coast ring that go taken down, and Harrison admitted to Goodell rather than risking getting caught lying. Do you believe Harrison was the only one, or the only one caught in this?

Bretsky
10-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Spygate gave them info into other teams tendancies and signals (for many years, with info that people don't just "forget" after they get caught).

Rodney Harrison was suspended for 4 games for admitting to using HGH. From what I understand, it was a pretty big east coast ring that go taken down, and Harrison admitted to Goodell rather than risking getting caught lying. Do you believe Harrison was the only one, or the only one caught in this?

I undoubtedly do not think HGH was any part of a Patriot thing; is there any evidence or even credible rumors to suggest that it was ?

I may be in the minority, but I think spygate is a joke and gave very little advantage at all. All of the teams do this; the Pats just took it one step further. Teams know what they did now; they can certainly change their plans, signals, or anything they want. To me it's a non issue.

b bulldog
10-28-2007, 08:46 PM
HGH, have you ever heard of Shawn Merriman or the DT from Northwestern (Castillo)that plays for the Chargers who were both found guilty of roids in their sysytems and they play on the left coast. This is a pro sports problem in regards to HGH and to think the Pats are the only ones doing it is being very ignorant or just crazy. I bet every team in the league has numerous players that use HGH. As far as Spygate, Parcells said that many teams did and do all they can do to steal signs and he said that he'd be very surprised if the Pats were the only team to have done something like this. BB is a jerk for being up 38-0 and still calling passing plays but imo, he has a chip on his shoulder and BB is doing what he can this year to show guys like Nick who think that they wouldn't or couldn't have done it without the spying, just how damn dominant this team is and how how great of a coach he is. With all of that being said, I like the Colts by 3 this weekend. Indy's much superior speed on D will tilt things their way this weekend imo.

Deputy Nutz
10-28-2007, 08:47 PM
I hate the BS that some of you all spread about the Pats running up the score. It is the NFL, if you can't stop the other team every time they get the ball that is on you, not the team that is shoving down your throats. These are not high school players or even college players, these players get paid a lot of money and so do the coaches, if they can't stop the other team while down by 38 points, too stinking bad.

Hate them or love them, I like them, but SpyGate pissed me off just like all of you, but they were supposedly doing for years, how come this year they are dismantling everyone? Maybe because the front office is also smarter than everyone else?

b bulldog
10-28-2007, 08:52 PM
I love Brady as a player and as a team, I like them but I also like what Indy does but I am not a huge Manning fan. The Pats are very entertaining to watch.

RashanGary
10-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Maybe because the front office is also smarter than everyone else?

I agree. I'm a fan of the team. I'm not a big fan of Brady, but I can get over that. I'm not a big fan of Tiger either. I always root for underdogs. (Partly because retards always have their mouths so tightly attached to the champion's knob. In some way that just turns me off)

That said, I do appreciate how they built their team. My hope is that Ted Thompson builds a team in a similar manner to how they assmebled their teams. I'm one of the few, but I love the way BB has his team prepared and I like the way he works. They are the best of the best at exploiting weakness.

LL2
10-28-2007, 09:21 PM
I used to like the Patriots, but I hate them now too. It's hard for me too because a good friend of mine has liked them for 20 years. I sure do hope the Colts can beat them, and Dungy better game plan like he never has before.

ZachMN
10-28-2007, 09:25 PM
I love what they are doing and hope they lay 100 points on the colts and that whiney pussy manning- he makes my stomach turn- calling out his line when they lost two years ago in the playoffs?!?!?!? In fact I hope the Patriots find a way to knock him out of the game and maybe make him miss a few more.
I look forward to hearing how much they score on people. No such thing as running up the score in pro sports......like BB said 'I send the offense out there to score' These are the elite players in the world so I have no sympathy for any team that wants to whine about getting an asswhooping from these guys if you don't like them kicking your ass then either stop them or find another job.

Packers4Ever
10-28-2007, 09:35 PM

But I don't see Donald listed anywhere - ??

Maybe TT is getting a lil sidekick from BB and him botching up the Moss deal was destiny :lol:

Seriously, what a deadly combination of WR's

Randy Moss
Donte Stallworth
Wes Welker (use to be underrated)
Gaffney is OK

Ben Watson is a solid weapon as well

And kick in some good RB's and a solid OL and we get to witness dominance

Carolina_Packer
10-28-2007, 10:25 PM
http://sportsagent.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/patsnewlogoia7custom.jpg

I love this picture!

Here is a piece that is well-written regarding "Spygate" and the NFL's punishment. I found it interesting that they destroyed the evidence so quickly and that the NFL almost wanted this to go away faster than the Patriots probably did. You have to wonder how much the league were to lose if one of their top attractions was dragged through the mud, so why not make the punishment swift and move on...quickly please!

Wade Wilson gets a 5 gamer for HGH use for diabetes and he's a frickin' position coach. Bellicheat gets caught red handed and he has to pay a fine, but serves no suspension, although as good as he is with secret communications, probably would have been coaching still.

I agree with this article...the game should have been a forfeit; a constant reminder of what they did. That would deter other teams.

http://sportsagent.wordpress.com/2007/09/14/what-roger-goddell-should-have-done/

Tony Oday
10-28-2007, 11:26 PM
I just hope, and I have never thought this way ever, that one of their good players gets injured when they are running up the score...

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Peter King (on Inside the NFL) reported that during the owners meeting, 'Spygate' came up but got a mere 10 minutes worth of discussion. Goodell saying that all incidences reported would be investigated fully, and the next wrong doer would be dealt with even more harshly than the first.

Now there's a deterent. :roll:

Carolina_Packer
10-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Punishment without the hurt, courtesy of Roger Goodell. It just has to look like punishment and swift action. Sometimes you can act too quickly and look like you are trying to sweep it under the rug.

In the wrong (sin if you are of that persuasion) continuum where you measure the "wrongness" of something, what is more detrimental to the game of football itself? Michael Vick and dog fighting or Bellicheck cheating on his own sport? Granted, it is not against the law outside of football to tape the sideline calls of an opponent. The point is, why wasn't there more of an outcry? Because I think the league managed the expiration on this story by getting out in front of it, trying to appear swift and decisive and then quickly moving on so that people would stop talking about it. After all, this wasn't one of their weak sister teams, this is the All-American, feel good Patriots. Gotta protect the investment.

How many of you think the Patriots were punished enough for what happened? Personally, I think it did very little, and Bellicheck did not seem the least bit contrite, looking like he was sucking on a lemon as he gave his reluctant apology, if you want to call it that. The whole situation smacked of "let's just get this behind us quickly" rather than any kind of real admission of guilt and punishment to follow.

Bretsky
10-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Part of the reason is some really think every team borders on the rules of doing the same thing. BB just took it a step too far. Many, including myself, just don't think of this as a big deal. What it's really done is seemingly motivate the Patriots to crush everybody and show it's not a fluke

The Leaper
10-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Many, including myself, just don't think of this as a big deal.

It may not be in act, but it is in terms of principle. The bottom line is that the NFL made a point prior to the season of sending a letter to every team admonishing them to not do EXACTLY what the Patriots got caught doing.

That kind of brash behavior deserves harsh punishment, even if the actual act might not have been all that threatening.

Carolina_Packer
10-29-2007, 09:25 AM

It may not be in act, but it is in terms of principle. The bottom line is that the NFL made a point prior to the season of sending a letter to every team admonishing them to not do EXACTLY what the Patriots got caught doing.

That kind of brash behavior deserves harsh punishment, even if the actual act might not have been all that threatening.

So, did the punishment fit the crime? I tend to get more upset with guys who use the stupid defense when caught. What? So, when you are game planning and coaching, you want us to think you are a genius, but when it comes to rules interpretations you want us to think you are slightly moronic and careless? Come on! Don't insult our intelligence with your alleged lack of it. I think the punishment was weak in terms of it punishing the team. Reggie Bush and his parents taking money and a house from someone might cause USC problems! Bellicheck is openly caught cheating and the NFL packages up a seeming harsh, but tidy and quick judgement, but it seems more like a nod an wink punishment of the popular kid at school whose parents can afford the fine levied. Make it hurt NFL; go strong or don't go at all.

MJZiggy
10-29-2007, 10:07 AM
No, they should have at least forfeited the game they were caught cheating in and there should have been a suspension involved.

3irty1
10-29-2007, 10:35 AM
I hate the BS that some of you all spread about the Pats running up the score. It is the NFL, if you can't stop the other team every time they get the ball that is on you, not the team that is shoving down your throats. These are not high school players or even college players, these players get paid a lot of money and so do the coaches, if they can't stop the other team while down by 38 points, too stinking bad.

Hate them or love them, I like them, but SpyGate pissed me off just like all of you, but they were supposedly doing for years, how come this year they are dismantling everyone? Maybe because the front office is also smarter than everyone else?

The Pats ARE running up the score. You are right this isn't high school or college where strength of victory matters... This is the pros. There is a difference between not being able to stop them on every drive and having them go for it on 4th and short when you are up by 38 instead of just kicking the field goal, Or running another fake spike play, or running the ball for a touchdown when you can kneel it out in the 4th quarter. There is no doubt that they are better than everyone but BB is out to embarrass other teams and especially other coaches like HOF coach Joe Gibbs this weekend. This isn't entertaining to me at all. It makes me sick. This is the stuff that deserves a few late hits.

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 10:36 AM
BB gets a $500,000 fine. Kraft turns around and gives him a contract extension and a raise. :roll:

The Leaper
10-29-2007, 10:49 AM
It makes me sick. This is the stuff that deserves a few late hits.

What goes around, comes around. Believe me, the Pats won't be great forever...and when the losses eventually do start to accumulate, I'll bet many of them are rather lopsided.

ZachMN
10-29-2007, 12:09 PM

The Pats ARE running up the score. You are right this isn't high school or college where strength of victory matters... This is the pros. There is a difference between not being able to stop them on every drive and having them go for it on 4th and short when you are up by 38 instead of just kicking the field goal, Or running another fake spike play, or running the ball for a touchdown when you can kneel it out in the 4th quarter. There is no doubt that they are better than everyone but BB is out to embarrass other teams and especially other coaches like HOF coach Joe Gibbs this weekend. This isn't entertaining to me at all. It makes me sick. This is the stuff that deserves a few late hits.

So essentially, you and every other pussy in america now is saying the game is over before the clock reads 00:00?? Every team should lay the wood every week like this. If you decide to be a quitter and not finish you should be admonished not felt sorry for. These guys makes millions to be spoiled prima donnas. This is why the NFL is great because stuff like this can and should happen. Poor Joe Gibbs snif sniff ........

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Let's assume that you're right ,(you're not) . Then I hope in their running up the score mode, that QB Brady does get rolled up on and suffers a season ending injury.

A few years ago I was in AZ watching the Packers smear the Cardinals. Favre was taken out in the 3rd period. That's what a class team will do.

BB has an axe to grind, he's pissed he got caught cheating and the rest of the league will be humbled..... I assume that's what he's thinking, in his small, little vindictive mind.

Bretsky
10-29-2007, 05:38 PM

So, did the punishment fit the crime? I tend to get more upset with guys who use the stupid defense when caught. What? So, when you are game planning and coaching, you want us to think you are a genius, but when it comes to rules interpretations you want us to think you are slightly moronic and careless? Come on! Don't insult our intelligence with your alleged lack of it. I think the punishment was weak in terms of it punishing the team. Reggie Bush and his parents taking money and a house from someone might cause USC problems! Bellicheck is openly caught cheating and the NFL packages up a seeming harsh, but tidy and quick judgement, but it seems more like a nod an wink punishment of the popular kid at school whose parents can afford the fine levied. Make it hurt NFL; go strong or don't go at all.

Yes, the punishment more than fit the crime; they gave up a 1st round draft pick. That is huge in the NFL

Talk about forfeits is silly IMO; there are teams breaking rules every week. Sets up a terrible precedent, and it's way to extreme for something that's being blown out of proportion because people hate BB and the Patriots.

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2007, 05:45 PM
I like that the Patriots run up the score. It's a game, keep playing hard and have fun.

Strategically, the Pats are creating an air of invicibility that will help them throughout the season. When opponents fall behind, they can't help thinking that a loss is inevitable when so many other teams have been steamrolled.

I wish all NFL teams played aggressively on both offense and defense for the whole game.

4and12to12and4
10-29-2007, 05:52 PM
I like that the Patriots run up the score. It's a game, keep playing hard and have fun.

Strategically, the Pats are creating an air of invicibility that will help them throughout the season. When opponents fall behind, they can't help thinking that a loss is inevitable when so many other teams have been steamrolled.

I wish all NFL teams played aggressively on both offense and defense for the whole game.

:worship:

ZachMN
10-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Let's assume that you're right ,(you're not) . Then I hope in their running up the score mode, that QB Brady does get rolled up on and suffers a season ending injury.

A few years ago I was in AZ watching the Packers smear the Cardinals. Favre was taken out in the 3rd period. That's what a class team will do.

BB has an axe to grind, he's pissed he got caught cheating and the rest of the league will be humbled..... I assume that's what he's thinking, in his small, little vindictive mind.

No, that would be your vindictive small mind........

ZachMN
10-29-2007, 06:47 PM

Key phrase "WHOLE GAME" games not over because people quit....

Like I have been saying these guys are the elite players strike that MERCENARIES!!! BB is my idol, in my dreams the Packers do this type of stuff week after week thats why I like MM I think he's got a little of that "I wanna kick some ass" attitude.

Rastak
10-29-2007, 06:48 PM

3rd period? The dude plays hockey too!

Zach is right about not rooting or hoping for a guy to get hurt. Is it nice for Peyton Manning fans to hope Favre gets a career ending injury so he can catch him? No, not nice.

Now all that having been said, when you leave your QB in during a rout and the other guys are frustrated and pissed, well, an injury could happen which is why you might not want to go that route.

esoxx
10-29-2007, 07:35 PM
I still think they should disband the Patriots and hold a dispersal draft for their players. Brady would end up in Miami or St. Louis. It would be interesting and proper. :P

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 09:20 PM

No, that would be your vindictive small mind........

Do YOU by any chance have to live in NE and have to live with all this 'holier than thou' crap?
No one likes a bully, and that's what the Patriots are right now.

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 09:22 PM

3rd period? The dude plays hockey too!

Zach is right about not rooting or hoping for a guy to get hurt. Is it nice for Peyton Manning fans to hope Favre gets a career ending injury so he can catch him? No, not nice.

Now all that having been said, when you leave your QB in during a rout and the other guys are frustrated and pissed, well, an injury could happen which is why you might not want to go that route.

I'm not sure what you meant about the hockey thing.