PDA

View Full Version : 24 IS SOON AHEAD- TRAILER PREVIEW- LOOKS GOOD

Bretsky
10-28-2007, 09:27 PM
When football starts you know 24 is right around the corner.

The new Trailer Preview of 24 was just out.

HUGE surprise; one of my all time favorite characters is back !!

http://www.24trailer.com/

CURIOUS as to how others react to this; great idea is all I can think of.

I think they producers heard us last year; I expect this year to be among the best

BallHawk
10-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Last season bombed on an epic scale.

Hopefully, going in a new direction (cyber terrorism) will give the show some fresh concepts.

Oh, and having Kim back would be nice. :wave:

Bretsky
10-29-2007, 01:34 AM
Last season bombed on an epic scale.

Hopefully, going in a new direction (cyber terrorism) will give the show some fresh concepts.

Oh, and having Kim back would be nice. :wave:

Did you watch the Clip

Tony :!:

MadtownPacker
10-29-2007, 01:50 AM
This show wont even outlast Lost (which is scheduled to end in 2 years. Everyone I know that watches it says it has went downhill big time.

Bretsky
10-29-2007, 08:56 AM
This show wont even outlast Lost (which is scheduled to end in 2 years. Everyone I know that watches it says it has went downhill big time.

Pretty sure 24 has been around longer than Lost

24 had a down year last year.

I would completely disagree with those saying it's ben going downhill for a long time.

The Beast will be back IMO

Charles Woodson
10-30-2007, 05:45 PM
:shock: im so happy

Kiwon
11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Oh well......24 is known for twists and turns.

The Hollywood writers' strike has put production on hold indefinitely. Fox announced a new line-up WITHOUT 24 as a contingency.

Come on, Jack. You know what needs to be done; Kidnap the writers, threaten them, slap them around a bit, and shout, "Write some more episodes, damn it!"

Fosco33
11-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Oh well......24 is known for twists and turns.

The Hollywood writers' strike has put production on hold indefinitely. Fox announced a new line-up WITHOUT 24 as a contingency.

Come on, Jack. You know what needs to be done; Kidnap the writers, threaten them, slap them around a bit, and shout, "Write some more episodes, damn it!"

Jack doesn't need writers 8-)

GBRulz
11-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Well, I think we can be rest assured of one thing....this season will be better than last season !

that is SO cool that they brought Tony back. 24 needs EC !! :wink:

Kiwon
11-08-2007, 07:25 PM
It's a "must-win" season for 24 and judging from the preview trailer the producers realize this.

It looks great. The writers' strike can't last forever and while I'd love to see the season begin on time in January, a quality product is worth the wait.

It's probably a do or die season for the show and, just like the character Jack Bauer, I expect the 24 team will come through in the clutch.

Comeback show of the year!

LL2
11-09-2007, 03:47 PM
What season is this one? My wife and I started watch the very first season on DVD a couple months ago and now we are half way through season 2! We are hooked. This is holding us over until Lost starts up again. By the way, it seems Kim Bauers boobs have grown 2 cups sizes!! I don't recall her boobs bouncing around like crazy in the first season when she ran all over the place. She must have had a boob job.

Bretsky
11-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Well, I think we can be rest assured of one thing....this season will be better than last season !

that is SO cool that they brought Tony back. 24 needs EC !! :wink:

They need to bring back Jack's HOT daughter; I'm sick of seeing her in movies with hardly any clothes on........wait....no I'm not.

I could so see her coming back as a hot terrorist in a couple years. She'll be a gal lover too. I so should write for this show. :lol:

MJZiggy
11-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Strike while the writers are striking...! :idea:

Bretsky
11-09-2007, 04:56 PM
What season is this one? My wife and I started watch the very first season on DVD a couple months ago and now we are half way through season 2! We are hooked. This is holding us over until Lost starts up again. By the way, it seems Kim Bauers boobs have grown 2 cups sizes!! I don't recall her boobs bouncing around like crazy in the first season when she ran all over the place. She must have had a boob job.

I think this coming season is number six

GBRulz
11-09-2007, 07:36 PM
seven

but yeah, we could certainly forget there was a season six !

the_idle_threat
11-12-2007, 06:01 PM
"24" circa 1994: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1788161&fullscreen=1

Fosco33
11-12-2007, 10:52 PM
"24" circa 1994: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1788161&fullscreen=1

Now that is funny!!! pagers, dial-up, bubble-jet printers - priceless

GoPackGo
12-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Jack Bauer is in jail for 48 days

http://tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/06/jail-term-for-kiefer-sutherland/?hp

Its not a max security cell. I don't think they know what he's capable of. what's the over/under on him breaking out early?

LL2
12-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Jack Bauer is in jail for 48 days

http://tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/06/jail-term-for-kiefer-sutherland/?hp

Its not a max security cell. I don't think they know what he's capable of. what's the over/under on him breaking out early?

Jack will be there less than 24 hours.

Kiwon
12-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Check this out:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/kiefermug1.html

He looks like he's ready to "24" somebody.

Charles Woodson
01-08-2008, 05:06 PM
when is it going to be aired?

LL2
01-10-2008, 09:36 AM
I just finished watching season 3 of 24. The first three seasons are really good, but starting to think it will start becoming predictable to watch. I think I'll take a break from watching 24....Lost is starting soon.

coolman3
01-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Who cares? Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is replacing 24.

BallHawk
01-10-2008, 11:03 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lol:

MadtownPacker
01-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Tank is actually on to something. The Terminator show looks badass. Did you see that John Connor get a young looking female terminator to protect him? I wonder if he will try to rewire her "circuits". :lol:

coolman3
01-10-2008, 12:31 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lol:

I was joking. I actually like 24, although it is extremely predictable.

I have seasons 4, 5, and 6 dvds. The plot are similar: terrorist attack, white house conspiracy, CTU office gets attacked, the director of ctu resigns, Jack Bauer goes against higher authority for one reason or another, Jack Bauer falls in love with a chick, only to see her get killed or kidnapped, despite all the show's suspense, Jack Bauer easily kill the head terrorist only to get involved in another conspiracy. etc..

The show's setting sucks too. Season 6 also took place in Washington DC but one could tell they shot it in LA.

I think Terminator will be good.

Bretsky
01-29-2008, 09:09 PM
this sucks

I'm not sure 24 is showing this year

Dam Writers :!:

MadtownPacker
01-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Lost is now accepting stragglers.

Welcome to the island.

MJZiggy
01-29-2008, 09:24 PM
They need a big catch up marathon so those of us who haven't seen it can figure out what y'all are talking about. Three seasons of Lost over a weekend--or 3.

Bretsky
01-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Lost is now accepting stragglers.

Welcome to the island.

I gave up on the show after two episodes. I'd be very lost

GBRulz
01-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but why is Lost airing but 24 isn't? Was Lost done before the writers strike?

I wish I wouldn't have seen the trailer for Season 7 because it looks awesome. Had i ended with Season 6, I wouldn't have cared so much because IMO last year was a big let down.

I am watching Idol religiously this year though. Also a new show starting in a couple weeks called "Lipstick Jungle" that I'm looking forward to. Audrey from "24" is one of the main characters in that.

MJZiggy
01-30-2008, 08:06 AM
What's "Lipstick Jungle" about?

Partial
01-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but why is Lost airing but 24 isn't? Was Lost done before the writers strike?.

Yeah, they shot 8 episodes and wrote all 16 before the writers strike.

At any rate, this strike needs to end. It is really, really stupid.

GBRulz
01-30-2008, 09:11 AM
What's "Lipstick Jungle" about?

They are advertising this show like crazy on NBC.

It's on the same order of Sex In the City. So, if you didn't like that, you won't like this. Needless to say, I can't see any of the guys here getting into this show, lol.

http://www.nbc.com/Lipstick_Jungle/video/index.shtml#mea=209472

GBRulz
01-31-2008, 08:41 AM
You wonder how this will affect Chloe's role on the show. Could make for an interesting storyline...but Edgar is gone - who could be the Daddy? :lol:

24 Star Mary Lynn Rajskub Is Pregnant
By Cynthia Wang

Mary Lynn Rajskub, who plays computer whiz Chloe O'Brian on Fox's 24, is pregnant, she tells PEOPLE.

Rajskub, 36, and her live-in boyfriend Matthew Rolph, 27, a personal trainer, are expecting their first child at the end of the summer.

"With the strike going on, I had to keep busy!" Rajskub jokes. "We are thrilled and couldn't be more excited."

Rajskub recently attended the Sundance Film Festival promoting Sunshine Cleaning, in which she costars opposite Amy Adams and Emily Blunt. On Friday, Rajskub will make an appearance walking in the Red Dress Fashion Show to benefit The Heart Truth in New York.

Charles Woodson
01-31-2008, 02:36 PM
You wonder how this will affect Chloe's role on the show. Could make for an interesting storyline...but Edgar is gone - who could be the Daddy? :lol:

I say bretsky :twisted:

twoseven
01-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but why is Lost airing but 24 isn't? Was Lost done before the writers strike?
Jack, I mean Keifer spending a couple months in jail along with the strike took care of 24, it may not be out this year. 24, at least seasons past, has been notorius for shooting episodes not to far in advance of those being aired. I remember a Ricky Schroeder interview from last season or season before and he described what hour they were shooting, it turned out to be only about 5-6 episodes ahead of what was currently on. Lost shot their episodes well in advance, got eight in as Partial stated.

Bretsky
01-31-2008, 06:15 PM

I wish I wouldn't have seen the trailer for Season 7 because it looks awesome. Had i ended with Season 6, I wouldn't have cared so much because IMO last year was a big let down.

I am watching Idol religiously this year though. Also a new show starting in a couple weeks called "Lipstick Jungle" that I'm looking forward to. Audrey from "24" is one of the main characters in that.

Maybe Lost is not quality enough to employ writers ....or maybe they hired scabs :?:

twoseven
02-01-2008, 02:50 PM

Maybe Lost is not quality enough to employ writers ....or maybe they hired scabs :?:
Sinner. :evil:

One day you will sit down with Season 1, watch about five or six episodes, realize the island is insane with mystery, history, and possibly the supernatural and then it's all over buddy, you will be hooked and will be acting like a crack whore jonesing for each next episode. You need to get a few deep before it grabs you. I have seen every eipsode of 24 and Lost and the addiction factor in Lost blows 24 away, not even close. We're talking watching 5-6 in a row. My wife and I blew through 10-11 episodes in one day a couple years back. Just don't let anyone ruin things for you as to what's currently going on, you'll have some good stuff to look forward to when you finally get around to it. Ask any of the rats here that picked up full seasons on disc just how long it took them to make it through a season, my guess is not too long.

Lost :worship:

Kiwon
02-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Update:

The writers strike is over.......and...

Joel Surnow (co-creator and producer) is leaving 24

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i63ec568afa18bdd00d2b048405f15583

BallHawk
02-13-2008, 11:17 AM
We won't be seeing 24 until 2009, at the earliest.

Oh well......

Kiwon
02-13-2008, 06:10 PM
I thought they had 8-9 episodes already shot when the writers strike took place.

While they have written the episodes week to week in the past, I bet the creator/producer already knows where he will go with the rest of the season and something is already on paper.

In other words, I think that they will change the creative format for the sake of expediency.

It's February 2008. 2009 is a very, very long time for fans to burn a candle for a television show. People will simply lose interest.

They'll put something out there this year - $$$$$$$$

Freak Out
02-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Update:

The writers strike is over.......and...

Joel Surnow (co-creator and producer) is leaving 24

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i63ec568afa18bdd00d2b048405f15583

There was a writers strike? WTF? They were actually getting paid to write that garbage?

Kiwon
02-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Please, Freaky, let us have our hero fantasies.

That said, it looks like BallHawk is correct.

'24' is not due back until January 2009.

Big mistake, IMHO.

twoseven
02-14-2008, 03:34 AM
I thought they had 8-9 episodes already shot when the writers strike took place.

While they have written the episodes week to week in the past, I bet the creator/producer already knows where he will go with the rest of the season and something is already on paper.

In other words, I think that they will change the creative format for the sake of expediency.

It's February 2008. 2009 is a very, very long time for fans to burn a candle for a television show. People will simply lose interest.

They'll put something out there this year - $$$$$$$$
With the exception of Lost, almost every single other show with a following isn't getting going again until the fall, so fox waiting until a few months after that isn't that big of a deal. 24 absolutely rotted last year, they SHOULD take some extra time off and get their shite straight.

Freak Out
02-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Please, Freaky, let us have our hero fantasies.

That said, it looks like BallHawk is correct.

'24' is not due back until January 2009.

Big mistake, IMHO.

I watched the first season of 24 on DVD...it was good...that's it. I got through an entire season! Most of the stuff out there I can't get through half a show.

"Television, the drug of a nation
breeding ignorance and feeding radiation." DHOH

As well as obesity and so on.....

Bretsky
02-23-2008, 11:02 AM
DAMMIT; just heard that 24 is not showing this season

GrnBay007
02-23-2008, 11:19 AM

Go out and rent season 1, 2 and 3 of Lost, watch it all between today and Thur. and you will be set. :D

I don't regret playing catch up to watch it. I love that show!!!!

Bretsky
02-23-2008, 11:21 AM

Go out and rent season 1, 2 and 3 of Lost, watch it all between today and Thur. and you will be set. :D

I watched about 1.5 episodes of Lost and just didn't like it at that point

GrnBay007
02-23-2008, 11:27 AM

I watched about 1.5 episodes of Lost and just didn't like it at that point

too much excitement for ya, huh? :P

GBRulz
02-23-2008, 11:35 AM

First the writers strike and then their main producer quit not too long ago. It was kind of inevitable I guess. It sucks though, who knows if it will be able to make a comeback.

I'm hooked on "Lipstick Jungle" now anyhow... I can only commit to one show a season. :wink:

Bretsky
02-23-2008, 12:25 PM

First the writers strike and then their main producer quit not too long ago. It was kind of inevitable I guess. It sucks though, who knows if it will be able to make a comeback.

I'm hooked on "Lipstick Jungle" now anyhow... I can only commit to one show a season. :wink:

Lipstick jungle \

LOVE THE NAME; sounds like a bunch of hot lesby's running around nude in a jungle :lol:

Is that the show where Hottie Audrey from 24 is on ?

How many shows am I behind ? What network is it on ?

Give me the one paragraph scouting report; maybe I'll watch it on the Net

GrnBay007
02-23-2008, 04:24 PM

Look how excited he gets when he thinks there is a lesbian involved. LOL

Bretsky
02-23-2008, 04:30 PM

Look how excited he gets when he thinks there is a lesbian involved. LOL

Actually I've seen highlights and was kind of joking....but in all seriousness...it's almost all guys. Not just me. I'm just OK with admitting it

BallHawk
02-23-2008, 06:10 PM
and then their main producer quit not too long ago.

Judging the recent decline in the show's plot I wouldn't consider that a bad thing.

GBRulz
02-24-2008, 08:27 AM
B - I'm sorry to disappoint you, but at this point there are no lesbians in the show! Basically, it's about three sucessful women struggling to balance their careers and their everyday life. Brooke Shields plays the almost top dog at some film company and hardly has time for her own family. Kim Raver (yes, Audrey from 24) is an editor for a magazine who is ignored by her husband and is currently having an affair with a 25 year old hottie. The third woman, Lindsay Price (I know she was on 90210 near the end) is a fashion designer who is trying to rebuild her career and she just started dating a multi-billionaire (played by Andrew McCarthy - HELLO Brat Pack).

"Audrey" is not the only one from 24 on this show. The Russian terrorist leader from season 5 is on the show. Also the terrorist from another season, three I think. The one about biological weapons.

The show is on Thursday nights at 9 pm central on NBC. Three shows have aired so far. You can watch them...
http://www.nbc.com/Lipstick_Jungle/video/episodes.shtml#vid=220930