PDA

View Full Version : Official Gameday Thread: Packers @ Broncos MNF

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

superfan
10-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Just returned home from watching the game and only read the last four pages of this thread, but that's good enough for me. Another great win, and another great footnote in the career of Brett Favre.

In honor of the 20 remaining die hard fans at Invesco Field...

:cow:

RashanGary
10-29-2007, 11:27 PM
YOu have to touch the guy to interfere. He didn't even touch him.

Tarlam!
10-29-2007, 11:27 PM
YOu have to touch the guy to interfere. He didn't even touch him.

Er, you may wanna go back and take another look at the play.

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 11:29 PM
You also can't face guard, he never looked back at the ball,. That will get called almost all the time.

BallHawk
10-29-2007, 11:30 PM
http://www.broncosfreak.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Good stuff.

RashanGary
10-29-2007, 11:31 PM
You also can't face guard, he never looked back at the ball,. That will get called almost all the time.

I was wondering about that acctually. It was definilty that.

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 11:33 PM
If a db is running with the wr and he never looks back to play the ball, he will get called for something almost 100% of the time.

RashanGary
10-29-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm off to get some shut eye.

Fun game thread, as always.

Man, it's nice to finially have reliable WR's and a decent defense (even if they have their shorcomings, they're still in the top 10 at allowing points). It's also nice to have winning football back in GB. I'm really hoping they can keep evolving the run game because this team is really close to being at the top of the NFC.

Bretsky
10-29-2007, 11:42 PM

Man, it's nice to finially have reliable WR's and a decent defense (even if they have their shorcomings, they're still in the top 10 at allowing points). It's also nice to have winning football back in GB. I'm really hoping they can keep evolving the run game because this team is really close to being at the top of the NFC.

Ryan Grant; that's what I'm enthused about after this game. Oh yeah, and let's give MM his kudos.

Great Game

Steve Young was the first analyst to come out and say not to be surprised if GB makes the Super Bowl

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Ditto, my bed is calling me also. Great win for the Pack, hopefully Grant will emerge as our rb in the next few games cause we do need a running game.

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2007, 11:43 PM
well, their offensive line is playing better, good pass protection and a little push.

Packers are pretty good.

RashanGary
10-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Fun game, B. Grant did look pretty good. He doesn't screw around behind the line of scrimmage like Jackson, Wynn and Morency.

Iron Mike
10-29-2007, 11:53 PM
I know... I'm a real bitch when people put down my #4 :lol:

21/27 for 331 yds, 2 TDs 0 INTs = 142.4 QB rating.

Yep. :D

woodbuck27
10-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Fun game, B. Grant did look pretty good. He doesn't screw around behind the line of scrimmage like Jackson, Wynn and Morency.

Yes ! He looked much better than any RB we have had on the field this season. :)

Bretsky
10-29-2007, 11:58 PM

Yes ! He looked much better than any RB we have had on the field this season. :)

Woody,

Sounds like you will be among the first to join

Grant's Gang.....or should it be Gang Grant...or Grants Gangsters ?

woodbuck27
10-29-2007, 11:59 PM
I know... I'm a real bitch when people put down my #4 :lol:

21/27 for 331 yds, 2 TDs 0 INTs = 142.4 QB rating.

Yep. :D

His QB rating over seven games is about 95 after tonights huge win.

Favre looked ready and played awesome. He hates to lose.

Favre now needs 1816 yards to pass Dan Marino for most yards passing or an avg. of 202 yards per game over the final nine games.

Packers Forever.

woodbuck27
10-30-2007, 12:03 AM

Woody,

Sounds like you will be among the first to join

Grant's Gang.....or should it be Gang Grant...or Grants Gangsters ?

Lets give him a few more games to prove he is consistent but I was impressed tonight B. :)

FAVRE was my Ohhh MY. What a Dandy. :)

THE BOMB. Errrr . . . BOMBS !!

What an arm on our guy.

PACKERS FOREVER !

fan4life
10-30-2007, 12:23 AM
This is going to be an ugly loss. But at least we ran the ball. :(

ahem OMG. I'm an unapologetic Favre apologist.. but even I'm speechless. What a game... what a finish.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 12:35 AM
If a db is running with the wr and he never looks back to play the ball, he will get called for something almost 100% of the time.

I want to see that in the rule book. This play not withstanding, how can you call that? If you don't touch the receiver, how can they call a penalty? I'd like to see if that's written in the books--because it seems like something that's often stated, but makes no sense. You either touched the guy or you didn't. I could see somebody saying that the refs will probably call you for it--because it looks like interference. Where's patler?

VegasPackFan
10-30-2007, 12:39 AM

I want to see that in the rule book. This play not withstanding, how can you call that? If you don't touch the receiver, how can they call a penalty? I'd like to see if that's written in the books--because it seems like something that's often stated, but makes no sense. You either touched the guy or you didn't. I could see somebody saying that the refs will probably call you for it--because it looks like interference. Where's patler?

Pretty sure that technically they call it faceguarding but it is called as PI. The DB has to make a play on the ball and cannot be facing the WR and waving hands in front of him.

This particular call was very close - they must have thought his arm/hand actions were constituting faceguarding.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Pretty sure that technically they call it faceguarding but it is called as PI. The DB has to make a play on the ball and cannot be facing the WR and waving hands in front of him.

This particular call was very close - they must have thought his arm/hand actions were constituting faceguarding.

Faceguarding would be different. My recollection is that Bigby didn't have his hands up in front of the receivers face. He waited until the receiver had his hands on the ball and then knocked the ball out. Al Harris is great at doing that. That's what they teach corners. Not to play the QB but the receiver.

Tarlam!
10-30-2007, 01:05 AM

Faceguarding would be different. My recollection is that Bigby didn't have his hands up in front of the receivers face. He waited until the receiver had his hands on the ball and then knocked the ball out. Al Harris is great at doing that. That's what they teach corners. Not to play the QB but the receiver.

From the commentaries I have heard, you have to be playing the ball. If you aren't trying to locate the ball, it's PI. If we are talking about the TE call late in the 4th (I am), Bigby clearly was playing the player. Al Harris always tries to locate the ball in the air. Even though Al plays agressively, he is mostly playing the ball.

I believe the league made this very clear to every team at the beginning of the year. I don't have a source, but this is what I remember reading.

Scott Campbell
10-30-2007, 07:23 AM
pound the rock, keep moving the chains...... nothing fancy lets just do this and get the hell out of dodge

ROFL.........or......

cpk1994
10-30-2007, 07:53 AM

Ryan Grant; that's what I'm enthused about after this game. Oh yeah, and let's give MM his kudos.

Great Game

Steve Young was the first analyst to come out and say not to be surprised if GB makes the Super Bowl
Amazing he would say that after all his pissing and moaning about TT not getting Favre weapons on draft day. How'd that one work out for ya, Steve?

Carolina_Packer
10-30-2007, 09:48 AM

From the commentaries I have heard, you have to be playing the ball. If you aren't trying to locate the ball, it's PI. If we are talking about the TE call late in the 4th (I am), Bigby clearly was playing the player. Al Harris always tries to locate the ball in the air. Even though Al plays agressively, he is mostly playing the ball.

I believe the league made this very clear to every team at the beginning of the year. I don't have a source, but this is what I remember reading.

Is this a picture of the play you are discussing? Can you tell anything from it?

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071030/capt.562408b766664fd4b7330a0e037bcfd5.packers_bron cos_football_cojd117.jpg