PDA

View Full Version : Remaining games, Detroit and Green Bay

Patler
10-29-2007, 10:15 AM
GB plays Denver in Denver tonight.
Detroit plays Denver in Detroit next week.

GB plays KC in KC next week
Detroit plays KC in Detroit on Dec. 23

GB plays Dallas in Dallas on November 29
Detroit plays Dallas in Detroit on December 9

The two games remaining on the schedule with Detroit are starting to look huge for the Packers. Detroit has already beaten the Bears twice and MN once. I was actually pulling for the Bears yesterday.

Rastak
10-29-2007, 10:16 AM

The two games remaining on the schedule with Detroit are starting to look huge for the Packers. Detroit has already beaten the Bears twice and MN once. I was actually pulling for the Bears yesterday.

But you couldn't pull for the Vikes against Dallas?

:D

OS PA
10-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Funny how we go on the road against the toughest teams, while Detroit plays the toughest teams at home. Another funny thing is the fact that Detroit's opponents so far are 10-20. Ours are 22-22.

Patler
10-29-2007, 10:36 AM

Ah, but there is a big difference! This was two divisional foes playing each other!
As I said at the time, I concern myself with winning the Division first, and I worry about the rest later in the season.

If it makes you feel any better, the Vikings have gotten themselves to a position where I will be pulling for them in just about any conference game now, except the Packer game of course! :lol: :lol:

Carolina_Packer
10-29-2007, 10:36 AM

I was! I actually thought they might pull it out until the blocked FG. So, how is the Viking QB situation looking? I think if they fire Childress after the season it will be premature. He's not the GM, Spielman is, and he has a track record of not really going after top line QB's. Was he a curious hire to you? His teams in the past have been sometimes good, never great. They're arming Childress with a knife and sending him to a gunfight. They need to turn AP loose, control the clock more, but it is hard when you're not getting decent QB play no matter how you slice it.

Patler
10-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Funny how we go on the road against the toughest teams, while Detroit plays the toughest teams at home. Another funny thing is the fact that Detroit's opponents so far are 10-20. Ours are 22-22.

Detroit does have to go to San Diego on December 16, and the Packers got them at home when they were playing bad. Detroit also went to Philadelphia and Washington, losing both; while the Packers got both in GB.

Badgepack
10-29-2007, 10:48 AM
We just need to beat the Lions in both games.

BallHawk
10-29-2007, 11:05 AM

Knowing our luck against the Lions on Turkey Day, I say we split.

MJZiggy
10-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Can't believe the Lions are the big matchup this season. It's like Matt Millen's actually doing his job or something...

3irty1
10-29-2007, 11:09 AM
We're not losing twice to the Lions. They tend to get DESTROYED by any team with a pulse.

Badgepack
10-29-2007, 11:10 AM

Knowing our luck against the Lions on Turkey Day, I say we split.

Very true, but this is not an average season for either the Pack or the Lions.
Plus we have been playing well on the road. This years turkey will taste that much better with a win.

Freak Out
10-29-2007, 11:48 AM
The Lions have yet to play a defense as great as the Packers. :alc:

Merlin
10-29-2007, 11:53 AM
The next two games aren't that big for us if we win the rest of our division games. We can go 5-1 in the division and we will win the division. AFC games aren't as important as NFC games and even less important then division games. We need to take care Detroit on Thanksgiving day. I can't remember the last time Detroit beat us at home, so if we can take the turkey day game then we should win the division. I don't see the Bears as a problem, maybe the Vikings, but it's at home in the cold so even if it's ugly like last year I will take it.

It would be nice to sweep the AFC West though. That way all of the AFC people who think it's far superior to the NFC can go away. Right now, the Patriots and the Colts look like the AFC champion showdown and the Cowboys, Packers and Giants are all looking in the drivers seat in the NFC. We need to win at Dallas and that would complete the sweep of the NFC east. That puts us in the drivers seat for home field advantage. So, if we are going to drop a couple of game, I would want them to be the next two.