PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady stats

Patler
10-29-2007, 10:30 AM
The guy throws for 3 TDs and his per game average goes down.

5,000 yards (currently at 2.431)
60 touchdown passes (at 30)
75% completion percentage (at 74.2%)
4 interceptions (at 2)

At the half way mark in games, those are the types of numbers he could end the season with, or close to, based on what he has after 8 games. I think it is highly unlikely that he will reach even one of those, but an amazing first 8 games none the less.

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't want to see him get hurt...........but maybe a bad case of the flu? :wink:

swede
10-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Booo! Hissss!

(Brady is my favorite villain. If I were Superman I'd rather see Lex Luthor win the Superbowl!)

Deputy Nutz
10-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Better Brady than that sissy Peyton Manning

mraynrand
10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
I wonder if Dungy will try a two D-linemen, nine-defensive back look - maybe send one guy on a late 'blitz' just to provide some pressure. But you gotta do something to break up the rhythm of that passing attack.

Merlin
10-29-2007, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't expect anything less from either the Colts or th Patriots. When you have the receivers they do, any QB that can sit in the pocket is going to look like an all star. Brady will be the league MVP Even though Moss should get it. He is on pace for 1400+ yards, 90 catches and 20 TD's this season.

I know the Moss to Green Bay issue is dead but you have to wonder if he even put up 2/3 of those numbers here, how deadly our passing game would look.

I liked Tom Brady up until this season. I caught an interview with him and he was a pretty smug son of a bitch in it. He is still a great QB but until a team disrupts his comfort zone (sitting back in the pocket and watching pro-bowlers torch the secondary), the Patriots will be unstoppable. Tom Brady is not the reason the Patriots are 8-0, he is along for the ride. Hard to be in his shoes I am thinking.

The Colts didn't look the same in the first half without Harrison against the Panthers. The Panthers just ran out of gas in the second half and Wayne buried them.

esoxx
10-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Not impressed.

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 12:35 PM
I liked him before he was 'Tom Brady'. He's gotten mighty full of himself.

Patler
10-29-2007, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't expect anything less from either the Colts or th Patriots. When you have the receivers they do, any QB that can sit in the pocket is going to look like an all star. Brady will be the league MVP Even though Moss should get it. He is on pace for 1400+ yards, 90 catches and 20 TD's this season.

I know the Moss to Green Bay issue is dead but you have to wonder if he even put up 2/3 of those numbers here, how deadly our passing game would look.

I liked Tom Brady up until this season. I caught an interview with him and he was a pretty smug son of a bitch in it. He is still a great QB but until a team disrupts his comfort zone (sitting back in the pocket and watching pro-bowlers torch the secondary), the Patriots will be unstoppable. Tom Brady is not the reason the Patriots are 8-0, he is along for the ride. Hard to be in his shoes I am thinking.

The Colts didn't look the same in the first half without Harrison against the Panthers. The Panthers just ran out of gas in the second half and Wayne buried them.

It will be interesting to see how Moss finishes the season.

Games 1-4, he had 31 receptions, 505 yards, 7 TDs.
Games 5-8, he had 16 receptions, 274 yards, 4 TDs.

I'm not suggesting it means anything. It's just an interesting result at this point.

LEWCWA
10-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Boy he played a shitty game yesterday!!! :P :P

MadtownPacker
10-29-2007, 02:02 PM
It will be interesting to see how Moss finishes the season.

Games 1-4, he had 31 receptions, 505 yards, 7 TDs.
Games 5-8, he had 16 receptions, 274 yards, 4 TDs.

I'm not suggesting it means anything. It's just an interesting result at this point.Did anyone see the game? After brady ran in one of the TDs the camera caught him and moss on the bench. Brady looked like he was explaining himself and moss looked irritated, giving a half ass thumbs up and nodding his head wile looking away.

Deputy Nutz
10-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Teams have figured out that Randy is back to being the most dangerous receiver in football, hence the double teams and over the top coverages that opens up the middle to a guy like Wes Welker, its all schematics, it has nothing to do with Randy slowing down or becoming disinterested.

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 02:19 PM
I loved the comment from the announcers that BB and TB thought Moss was the most intelligent receiver they'd ever worked with.

Deputy Nutz
10-29-2007, 02:39 PM
I loved the comment from the announcers that BB and TB thought Moss was the most intelligent receiver they'd ever worked with.

I think he knows the game of football really well, now if they were talking about his common sense, that would be up for debate. I personally have never seen Randy do something stupid while playing the game, sure he might have stopped a route, or decided he had better things to do besides block, but his football intelligence I have no reason to question.

Tarlam!
10-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Those Brady numbers are sick. Even the Moss numbers are sick. I remember Philly thinking heaven-on-earth thoughts about TO potentially reaching 15 TDs in a season. Randy will have that by week 10. "That is SICK I tell you, SICK!"

I don't get the hate towards these Pats. I don't have to live with them, but jeez, that team has earned my awe. My mouth is so widely open, I keep catching stray flys.....

I love anybody that's good. The Pats are damned good. But I don't live in NE.

MJZiggy
10-29-2007, 03:18 PM
I think the hatred comes from the fact that there is a true difference in being damn good and being an asshole about it.

Tarlam!
10-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Funny. If one is damned bad, and an asshole, is that then considered OK?

MJZiggy
10-29-2007, 03:32 PM
No, but then nobody cares.

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Someone who is damned bad, usually has the smarts NOT to be an asshole.

Patler
10-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Teams have figured out that Randy is back to being the most dangerous receiver in football, hence the double teams and over the top coverages that opens up the middle to a guy like Wes Welker, its all schematics, it has nothing to do with Randy slowing down or becoming disinterested.

Obviously, but that's the point. Teams will try to make someone other than Moss beat them. Historically, if he doesn't feel he has his fair share of passes coming his way, it has sometimes been a problem for Moss. That will be the trick for Belichek and Brady, to keep Moss content if he sees only 4 or 5 pases a game because Welker or someone else becomes the better option.

I'm NOT suggesting Moss will implode. The situation might be so rewarding after years of frustration that he will handle it well. It will, however, be an interesting side note to follow as the season unfolds. Criticizing Bellichek or Brady will certainly fall on deaf ears!

4and12to12and4
10-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Better Brady than that sissy Peyton Manning

Hey!! Watch yer tone, Mister, I like Peyton, and much more than Brady. I, too, like many here enjoyed Brady and New England's success their first Superbowl, now I'm just jealous, and it makes me want to hate them all. Jeez, I have two teenage daughters, and in some ways, I'm just as immature as they are. Now that is what is truly sick.

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Lord Favre and Captain Cool :lol: You guys not giving Brady his props are awfully funny. :lol:

esoxx
10-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Lord Favre and Captain Cool :lol: You guys not giving Brady his props are awfully funny. :lol:

Now you know how you look most of the time with your comments on Favre. :lol:

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 07:08 PM
No QB in the history of the game has ever put numbers up like this. That was a good comeback though, you got me essox. 8-)

BallHawk
10-29-2007, 07:14 PM
So, who thinks Brady gets to 50 TDs and breaks Manning's record?

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 07:16 PM
I think he has a great chance. He'll probably get 10 more at home against the Dolphins and jets alone.

Bretsky
10-29-2007, 07:22 PM
No QB in the history of the game has ever put numbers up like this. That was a good comeback though, you got me essox. 8-)

yup

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 07:23 PM
I can dish it and I can take it.

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Unlike some in here

esoxx
10-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Just couldn't pass up the irony, bulldog.

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 09:17 PM
I predict Brady not finishing the season. Someone is going to get that late hit and take him out.

Honest...........the Patriots bring out the worst in me.........I'm normally not like this! :twisted:

Scott Campbell
10-30-2007, 10:26 AM
No QB (Brady) in the history of the game has ever put numbers up like this. That was a good comeback though, you got me essox. 8-)

True, but it's not like Favre doesn't hold any records.

They're both about as good as they come.