PDA

View Full Version : Streaming tonights game

Charles Woodson
10-29-2007, 02:28 PM
I remember a year ago i think GBR streamed a preaseason game via internet, i was wondering if someone could do that for tonights game, if so that would be amazing
thanks

sepporepi
10-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Yeah would be great :D.
Only chance for me to watch it here in Germany.

If no one streams it here, this site might help:

http://www.myp2p.eu/NFL.htm

The disadvantage of course: The streams are public so not 100% secure. Using
something like PeerGuardian2 might minimize the risk, but still ....

Partial
10-29-2007, 02:34 PM
You should use PG2 regardless :D

Charles Woodson
10-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah would be great :D.
Only chance for me to watch it here in Germany.

If no one streams it here, this site might help:

http://www.myp2p.eu/NFL.htm

The disadvantage of course: The streams are public so not 100% secure. Using
something like PeerGuardian2 might minimize the risk, but still ....

If you wouldnt mind, could you run me through how to set this up?

sepporepi
10-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Just download sopcast or something else and start the stream *gg.

If you want PG2 just install ist, it is pretty much selfexplaning.

Charles Woodson
10-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Just download sopcast or something else and start the stream *gg.

If you want PG2 just install ist, it is pretty much selfexplaning.
do i need sopcast or such if i have pg2?

BallHawk
10-29-2007, 05:17 PM
CW, you don't have cable or something?

Charles Woodson
10-29-2007, 06:27 PM

na i feel like im living in the stone age, lol i guess thats why friends are so good.

Rastak
10-29-2007, 06:29 PM

na i feel like im living in the stone age, lol i guess thats why friends are so good.

Well, if you don't have ESPN you are indeed living the modern version of the stone age. Hell, even those cavemen on Tuesday nights can watch ESPN I think.....

GBRulz
10-29-2007, 06:29 PM
CW, it must have been someone else because I wouldn't even have a clue how to do that. I mean I guess I could hook up a webcam and invite people via Yahoo instant messenger, but I can't take the credit for that one!

Rastak
10-29-2007, 06:30 PM
CW, it must have been someone else because I wouldn't even have a clue how to do that. I mean I guess I could hook up a webcam and invite people via Yahoo instant messenger, but I can't take the credit for that one!

WAY too slow....good thought though.

Charles Woodson
10-29-2007, 06:33 PM

Well, if you don't have ESPN you are indeed living the modern version of the stone age. Hell, even those cavemen on Tuesday nights can watch ESPN I think.....
lol thanks for rubbing it in...luckily i dont watch much tv, and if i do its ethier 24, the office, family guy or nfl

GBRulz
10-29-2007, 06:33 PM
ya know, i did do an audio conference type thing through Yahoo for a couple people last year, not the streaming video of the game itself though. you're right Ras, it would be way too slow.

Charles Woodson
10-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Btw if anyone wants to watch it

http://sportsonpc.com
username spcunderground
password fishandchips

then go to schedule
and click on uktv
something will come up and
username BuyaTshirt
password BuyaTshirt

Freak Out
11-16-2007, 02:24 PM
So have any of you used sopcast to watch a Packers game?

http://www.sopcast.org/

CaptainKickass
11-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Yes - I used sopcast.

Lat year when I'd get stuck with working 2 sundays, I used sopcast and I was able to watch the 2 games on my second monitor while I was at work.

It took me quite a bit of time (we're talking hours) to get everything downloded and installed but after it was done all I needed was a reference to the appropriate "channel" to dial into the game that week.

It works if you have no other option - but if you're not tech-savvy you'll drive yourself nuts (and me, and everyone else) with way too many questions which we couldn't possibly answer effectively over this forum.

There are simply too many variables with todays home pc setups for that to work.

If you can't get it to work - bribe one of your friends who works in IT somewhere, or if you have to - pay someone to come and do it for you.

If you don't know the definition of "IP Address", "Proxy", "Firewall Exception" and "Firmware Upgrade" - do yourself a favor and go spend $ $25.00 at the sports bar and save a great big headache.

Freak Out
11-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Yes - I used sopcast.

Lat year when I'd get stuck with working 2 sundays, I used sopcast and I was able to watch the 2 games on my second monitor while I was at work.

It took me quite a bit of time (we're talking hours) to get everything downloded and installed but after it was done all I needed was a reference to the appropriate "channel" to dial into the game that week.

It works if you have no other option - but if you're not tech-savvy you'll drive yourself nuts (and me, and everyone else) with way too many questions which we couldn't possibly answer effectively over this forum.

There are simply too many variables with todays home pc setups for that to work.

If you can't get it to work - bribe one of your friends who works in IT somewhere, or if you have to - pay someone to come and do it for you.

If you don't know the definition of "IP Address", "Proxy", "Firewall Exception" and "Firmware Upgrade" - do yourself a favor and go spend $ $25.00 at the sports bar and save a great big headache.

Sweet....I'll set it up this week sometime..although I know the next two Packers game will be on locally so I really will have no other reason to use it other than out of curiosity. But it will be nice to know how well it works just in case.

OS PA
11-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Yes - I used sopcast.

Sweet....I'll set it up this week sometime..although I know the next two Packers game will be on locally so I really will have no other reason to use it other than out of curiosity. But it will be nice to know how well it works just in case.

The problem with Sopcast is that the NFL has caught on and has told the company that it will be prosecuted if they keep allowing people to stream games. You can still find the games, however it's almost as fun as finding a needle in a haystack.

The website I use to find games is http://www.myp2p.eu/NFL.htm, on Sunday an hour or so before the game you're going to want to click on forums, NFL, and then the game thread for the game you wish to see.

Freak Out
11-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Yes - I used sopcast.

The problem with Sopcast is that the NFL has caught on and has told the company that it will be prosecuted if they keep allowing people to stream games. You can still find the games, however it's almost as fun as finding a needle in a haystack.

The website I use to find games is http://www.myp2p.eu/NFL.htm, on Sunday an hour or so before the game you're going to want to click on forums, NFL, and then the game thread for the game you wish to see.

..one step ahead of the law.

Partial
11-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Slingbox.

Freak Out
11-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Slingbox. Pop Rocks?

Partial
11-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I highly suggest someone ship a slingbox to madtown for the glory of all his many games.