PDA

View Full Version : Highest Scoring Game in College History

oregonpackfan
10-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Last Saturday, Division 1-AA Weber State defeated Portland State(also Division I-AA) by the incredible score of 73-68! This broke the record for a Division I game set in 2004 when San Jose State defeated Rice 70-63.

The two schools combined for 1,189 yards total offense and 20 touchdowns.

Weber State had the only punt in the game.

Portland State's freshman quarterback Drew Hubel, completed 35 of 56 passes for 485 yards and 9 touchdowns in his first start.

Hubel's 9 touchdown passes broke the school(8) and conference(7) records for touchdown passes in a game.

Tarlam!
10-29-2007, 03:25 PM
So, did either defense actually get a stop?? :D

Charles Woodson
10-29-2007, 04:51 PM
In 1916, Georgia Tech played Cumberland (Tenn.) University in Atlanta and beat them by the incredible score of 222-0.
i thought that this was the highest scoring game

he most notable game of Heisman's career was the most lopsided victory in college football history. In 1916, Cumberland College ended their football program and attempted to cancel a scheduled game with Heisman's Jackets. Heisman, however, was seeking vengeance for a 22–0 baseball loss to Cumberland in the Spring of 1916. Heisman refused the game's cancellation and Cumberland mustered up a group of commonfolk to play Tech. Tech won 222–0.[5] Neither team achieved a first down, as Cumberland either punted or turned the ball over before a first down and Tech scored on almost every play from scrimmage.[6] Jim Preas, Tech's kicker, kicked 16 point after tries, which is still a record for a single game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football