PDA

View Full Version : Favre: 'I'd have killed them'

packers11
10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Favre: 'I'd have killed them'

October 29, 2007 5:58 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando from Denver

Colleague Ed Werder emerged with some good stuff after meeting with Brett Favre and the Packers at their team hotel. Ed asked Favre about recent talk about the quarterback's arm strength suddenly being an issue, this after Favre came up short with the deep ball against Washington.

"I think it's a joke," Favre said of the arm-strength talk. "I thought, 'This is a touchdown at worst unless I totally overthrow it and it ended up a little to the left and short.' Not once did I walk off the field and say, 'You know what? This is the beginning of the end.' "

Favre even jokingly offered to take reporters outside to throw a few passes their way.

"I'd have killed them," Favre told Werder. "I might have thrown my arm out, ruined my career, but I'd have killed them. ... I'll put my arm up against anyone today."

No one can question Favre's fire at this point.

fan4life
10-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Don't bet against Favre. You'll pay, sooner or later.

BallHawk
10-29-2007, 05:49 PM
What a badass. :butt:

gbpackfan
10-29-2007, 05:51 PM
I love it!!! HA HA HA. And guess what, not one reporter took him up on his offer. Chicken shits! :wink: :D :D :D :D

Maxie the Taxi
10-29-2007, 06:00 PM
You have to kind of wonder what effect this whole thing will have on tonight's game. Sounds like Favre will be out to prove something.

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2007, 06:01 PM
great pic for the avatar, maxie.

BTW, do you call your home the maxie pad?

GBRulz
10-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Always

4and12to12and4
10-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Thats awesome.

BallHawk
10-29-2007, 06:17 PM
You have to kind of wonder what effect this whole thing will have on tonight's game. Sounds like Favre will be out to prove something.

Watching Favre briefly in pre-game warm-ups he had that look in his eye. The "dude, I'm totally pissed and I'm going to kick some ass" look.

I predict 3 or more TDs. :D

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 06:46 PM
I love that he makes me laugh. :lol:

ZachMN
10-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Favre: 'I'd have killed them'

October 29, 2007 5:58 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando from Denver

Colleague Ed Werder emerged with some good stuff after meeting with Brett Favre and the Packers at their team hotel. Ed asked Favre about recent talk about the quarterback's arm strength suddenly being an issue, this after Favre came up short with the deep ball against Washington.

"I think it's a joke," Favre said of the arm-strength talk. "I thought, 'This is a touchdown at worst unless I totally overthrow it and it ended up a little to the left and short.' Not once did I walk off the field and say, 'You know what? This is the beginning of the end.' "

Favre even jokingly offered to take reporters outside to throw a few passes their way.

"I'd have killed them," Favre told Werder. "I might have thrown my arm out, ruined my career, but I'd have killed them. ... I'll put my arm up against anyone today."

OH HELL YEAH BRETT TAKE SOMEONE DOWN !!!!! I LIKE THAT SMACK TALK!!

No one can question Favre's fire at this point.

Brando19
10-29-2007, 07:22 PM
HAHHAHA....Brett is bad!

BallHawk
10-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Hmm, I don't think the press would be wise to question Favre on his "zip" again.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2007, 11:19 PM
I think he killed bailey and bigmouth bly.

MJZiggy
10-29-2007, 11:24 PM
I think he killed bailey and bigmouth bly.

Nuthin' quite like getting TORCHED for a TD the first play of OT to shut a bigmouth up.

The Leaper
10-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Hmm, I don't think the press would be wise to question Favre on his "zip" again.

Actually, they should question him every week to keep him pissed off.

cpk1994
10-30-2007, 08:11 AM
Hmm, I don't think the press would be wise to question Favre on his "zip" again.I think many on this forum would be wise not to question Favre on his zip anymore.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't think it was many. It was one or two, and the rest had fun with it.

LL2
10-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Since I was over at NFL.com checking out stats I noticed something interesting. Favre has 7 pass plays over 40 yards. Jeff Garcia has 7 too, but all the other QB's have 5 or fewer...and they are questioning Favre's arm strength?

outflow
10-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Since I was over at NFL.com checking out stats I noticed something interesting. Favre has 7 pass plays over 40 yards. Jeff Garcia has 7 too, but all the other QB's have 5 or fewer...and they are questioning Favre's arm strength?

That stat is a little misleading, a large component is with the talent of your wide receiving corp and the effectiveness of your run game.

Guiness
10-30-2007, 04:54 PM
I can just picture Chris Collingsworth, who played receiver and bloody well knows better, shaking his head when the boneheads raised this issue. Then getting as far away from them at the thought of BF tossing the ball at them!

RashanGary
10-30-2007, 04:56 PM
For the record, I wondered if he was injured because he took some big hits and threw a bunch short.

Bretsky
10-30-2007, 04:58 PM
For the record, I wondered if he was injured because he took some big hits and threw a bunch short.

Just a bad day; he'll probably have a couple more. Hopefully not in the playoffs

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 05:03 PM
That stat is a little misleading, a large component is with the talent of your wide receiving corp and the effectiveness of your run game.

Shouldn't the inability to run (and use play-action) hurt your chances of connecting on a long pass play. Just tells you that there isn't one QB in the league who averages even 1 pass play of more than 40 yards/game. They aren't easy. Remember this stat when Favre doesn't complete every stinking bomb he tries.

I'm assuming this is wrong though. Brady has to have more than that. Is this NFC only?

outflow
10-30-2007, 05:22 PM

Shouldn't the inability to run (and use play-action) hurt your chances of connecting on a long pass play. Just tells you that there isn't one QB in the league who averages even 1 pass play of more than 40 yards/game. They aren't easy. Remember this stat when Favre doesn't complete every stinking bomb he tries.

I'm assuming this is wrong though. Brady has to have more than that. Is this NFC only?

You can argue it that way, but I'll use the opposite. I don't care how many DBs they play in center field (assuming no prevent) the +2/3 bombs attempts per game over the 30 rush attempt teams will add up. It's the sunshine on a dogs ass argument.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Apparently, it shines on Favre's ass more than others, but it's probably just dumb luck.

Noodle
10-30-2007, 09:25 PM
And you know, he probably would have killed them, or at least broken a rib or five. No way they'd get their hands up in time to get a finger broken. I'd pay top dollar to see it, too.

I remember in HS when a new kid transferred and became our QB. We were used to an average armstrength guy, and this new kid fired seeds. Dislocated my friggin finger on the first slant, ball wedged in my facemask on the second. I looked like an idiot. Took me weeks to catch up to the speed of his ball.

For Favre, I multiply that by about 20 and try to imagine catching that ball. No way in hell. Those reporters have no idea what a gunner like Favre can do.

Zool
10-30-2007, 10:25 PM
The Jennings TD to win against SD was a 12 yard slant that went the distance.

A few of Garcia's are the same thing. Stats are easily manipulated to support theories.

Guiness
10-31-2007, 06:31 AM
And you know, he probably would have killed them, or at least broken a rib or five. No way they'd get their hands up in time to get a finger broken. I'd pay top dollar to see it, too.

I remember in HS when a new kid transferred and became our QB. We were used to an average armstrength guy, and this new kid fired seeds. Dislocated my friggin finger on the first slant, ball wedged in my facemask on the second. I looked like an idiot. Took me weeks to catch up to the speed of his ball.

For Favre, I multiply that by about 20 and try to imagine catching that ball. No way in hell. Those reporters have no idea what a gunner like Favre can do.

Ha - I'd forgotten about something similar - I ended up looking like a dork as well.

First year university, I didn't play ball, but decided to attend drylands after the season was done, and go out the next year. It was my first 'live' exposure to a college level arm, as opposed to what we had at my highschool. It was some different that what it looked like from the stands, I'll tell you!

We're in the gym, and he LAUNCHES one at me, from about the center line of a basketball court (I'm on the baseline). I was so stunned, I hardly moved, the ball went by me and hit a metal door. Loudest thing I ever heard, and EVERYONE turned and looked at me :lol:
Nice way for a rookie to make his introduction.