PDA

View Full Version : Yessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

GoPackGo
10-29-2007, 10:39 PM
What a finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chubbyhubby
10-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Favre is GOD!!

MJZiggy
10-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh my GOD!!!!

Cheesehead Craig
10-29-2007, 10:57 PM
WOW!!!!

gbpackfan
10-29-2007, 10:58 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THAT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheesehead Craig
10-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Holy Shit!
Holy Shit!
Holy Shit!

MJZiggy
10-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Now I'm supposed to go to bed and SLEEP?? Yeah right!!

MadtownPacker
10-29-2007, 11:00 PM
In hindsight Im glad it went to OT. :D

RashanGary
10-29-2007, 11:01 PM
It's nice to Have Jennings, Driver and Jones. Any of them can make big things happen. I know Jones isn't fast, but he gets separation some how, some way.

When the game is on the line and defenses gamble, the Packers are money.

DENVER is an amazingly tough place to play. I coudln't believe how loud that place was. That win was the biggest of the year, by far. That team just knocked off Pittsburgh. WOW!!

Jimx29
10-29-2007, 11:14 PM
It's nice to Have Jennings, Driver and Jones. Any of them can make big things happen. I know Jones isn't fast, but he gets separation some how, some way.

Just wait till Koren gets into the fold......

Freak Out
10-29-2007, 11:16 PM
My wife is no longer a jinx when she watches the end of a game with me. :hug:

When I saw that safety move up I knew he was going to go for it. What a finish.

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Actually since the broncos left mile high, they are a tad over 500 at home. That being said, this is a great win and all should enjoy.

Scott Campbell
10-29-2007, 11:22 PM

Yeah, but not against top flight competition.

:lol:

RashanGary
10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Yeah, but not against top flight competition.

:lol:

haha, very true!!

packers11
10-30-2007, 12:13 AM
amazing game...

LL2
10-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Favre's legendary status grows!

LaFours
10-30-2007, 12:43 PM

Almost as much as TopHat's.

Harlan Huckleby
10-30-2007, 12:51 PM

ouch

OkayKyle
10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Hey everyone - I have been reading Packer Rats almost daily for the past two years or so... I enjoy reading the information shared, but have never written anything. That being said...

I definitely had deja vu last night. We dominated the first half, but the score did not reflect that. Although we were getting some success out of it, we ran the ball far too much in the second half. Our passing game is explosive. With John Lynch out Champ Bailey hurt, why not keep attacking through the air? This game was far too close at the end of the game. This game was one play-action-pass-for-a-TD away from getting away from us.

Remind you of anything?

This is exactly how we played against the Chicago Bears sans the turnovers. I really like McCarthy as a coach and as a play caller, but he is not managing games well. We need to keep attacking teams when we're ahead - and we do that best with our best offesive threat - Favre.

Harlan Huckleby
10-30-2007, 01:04 PM
How was your first time, OkayKyle? Hope it wasn't too painful.

Two years of watching? Makes me nervous, like you been peeping in the window. :lol:

Wilkommen.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2007, 01:20 PM
This is exactly how we played against the Chicago Bears sans the turnovers. I really like McCarthy as a coach and as a play caller, but he is not managing games well. We need to keep attacking teams when we're ahead - and we do that best with our best offesive threat - Favre.Welcome to the forum! Since you have read here for a while you know to watch out for Harlan right? Just dont take any candy from him and you will be fine.

I agree that sometimes M3 need to put the clamps down on opponents and quit playing not to lose but last night my only real complaint was in the 4th quarter. That Packers last drive in the 4th just needed a 1st down to pretty much kill most of the clock but the drive stalled and gave denver the ball back against a gassed Pack D.

MJZiggy
10-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Hey everyone - I have been reading Packer Rats almost daily for the past two years or so... I enjoy reading the information shared, but have never written anything. That being said...

I definitely had deja vu last night. We dominated the first half, but the score did not reflect that. Although we were getting some success out of it, we ran the ball far too much in the second half. Our passing game is explosive. With John Lynch out Champ Bailey hurt, why not keep attacking through the air? This game was far too close at the end of the game. This game was one play-action-pass-for-a-TD away from getting away from us.

Remind you of anything?

This is exactly how we played against the Chicago Bears sans the turnovers. I really like McCarthy as a coach and as a play caller, but he is not managing games well. We need to keep attacking teams when we're ahead - and we do that best with our best offesive threat - Favre.

You're right. With as great as that ending was, it was far too close to going the other way for my comfort. I would worry about them being one-dimensional in the second half, though if Denver didn't have to at least respect the run. I actually wasn't too happy with Al in the 4th quarter either. He just wasn't as disruptive as normal. I guess everyone can have an off night.

GoPackGo
10-30-2007, 01:28 PM
The Packers D was a couple yards away from giving up a TD with barely any time left. That ending was fantastic but it was almost a disaster. I don't really have a problem with mcCarthy's play calling last night. I have a problem with the amount of penalties the Packers committed because it almost lost them the game.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't have any complaints. We won on the road in the NFL against a decent opponent--despite having an officiating crew that likes to throw penalties against road teams and despite having two drives stall at the one yard line. I thought the team played well, for the most part. After watching some meltdowns over the last few years in these types of games (vs. Tennessee, at Baltimore, vs. the Jets and Patriots last year), I'm glad we have a team that believes in itself and doesn't seem flat in any game. They still haven't played a great game, but they have been solid in most games. That says a lot for a young team.

Maxie the Taxi
10-30-2007, 02:38 PM

Remind you of anything?

Welcome. I agree with you about McCarthy. I applaud him for sticking with the running game last night, but there were many times he ran when I thought a pass was called for and vice versa. And I'm always right! :D

KYPack
10-30-2007, 09:30 PM
This is exactly how we played against the Chicago Bears sans the turnovers. I really like McCarthy as a coach and as a play caller, but he is not managing games well. We need to keep attacking teams when we're ahead - and we do that best with our best offesive threat - Favre.Welcome to the forum! Since you have read here for a while you know to watch out for Harlan right? Just dont take any candy from him and you will be fine.

I agree that sometimes M3 need to put the clamps down on opponents and quit playing not to lose but last night my only real complaint was in the 4th quarter. That Packers last drive in the 4th just needed a 1st down to pretty much kill most of the clock but the drive stalled and gave denver the ball back against a gassed Pack D.

There was a wide shot of our D on Denver's final drive. Everybody was just exhausted. I was happy when we got the ball in OT. I didn't think our boys had enough wind to hold 'em.

MadtownPacker
10-31-2007, 12:09 AM
If denver had won the coin toss we would all be pissed off today.

Harlan Huckleby
10-31-2007, 12:18 AM
If denver had won the coin toss we would all be pissed off today.

i don't know if you are kidding, but I agree. The defense was gassed.

It was a frustrating game to watch, a lesser team was hanging with them.

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2007, 12:22 AM
Most NFL games are relatively close (no Florida Atlantic's on the schedule), so they all tend to be frustrating at times. A win is never frustrating though. I thought we played pretty well. The gaffes at the one yard line were very frustrating, but shit happens in every game. I'm thrilled with the win. It was a good win, and a game that we had to play solid to win.

Harlan Huckleby
10-31-2007, 12:27 AM
Denver fielded a very weak team, I thought. The Packers coulda shoulda been up by three touchdowns against the crippled defense. Denver had the big home field advantage.

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2007, 12:33 AM
Denver fielded a very weak team, I thought. The Packers coulda shoulda been up by three touchdowns against the crippled defense. Denver had the big home field advantage.

What crippled defense? Lynch got injured during the game. The rest of their starters played. We had our starting RB (a guy you like), starting C, starting RG, and one of our two decent TEs out. Seems pretty even to me.

Harlan Huckleby
10-31-2007, 12:38 AM
Champ Bailey played on one leg. No Lynch. Those are huge. And they aren't very good to begin with. I didn't say it wasn't fair, just that Denver wasn't very good.

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2007, 12:51 AM
Champ Bailey played on one leg. No Lynch. Those are huge. And they aren't very good to begin with. I didn't say it wasn't fair, just that Denver wasn't very good.

Players play injured. If Champ couldn't perform, he wouldn't be out there. Outside of one play to Jones, I didn't see The Donald doing much against him. Al Harris is pretty friggin' banged up, so is Cullen Jenkins. Every team gets guys banged up 7-8 weeks into the season.

mraynrand
10-31-2007, 01:05 AM

ROTFL. That's the funniest post since TopHat resigned from the forum.

Patler
10-31-2007, 01:07 AM

Players play injured. If Champ couldn't perform, he wouldn't be out there. Outside of one play to Jones, I didn't see The Donald doing much against him. Al Harris is pretty friggin' banged up, so is Cullen Jenkins. Every team gets guys banged up 7-8 weeks into the season.

From the talk just a few days ago, it sounded like Jenkins was not going to play. I was sort of surprised to see him in there.

I have a feeling Harris is in kind of tough shape. It kind of looks like it.

mraynrand
10-31-2007, 01:07 AM

No kidding. Harris' back is so bad, the guy basically can't tackle.

Patler
10-31-2007, 01:11 AM
Players play injured. .
'
Speaking of that, did you see Lovie's response to Urlacher? It was sort of like "His at times crappy play has nothing to do with his back. There are guys hurt worse than he is who keep playing."

woodbuck27
10-31-2007, 03:50 AM

Remind you of anything?

Two years waiting and just reading would seem like solitary in Turkey to me.

The Midnight Express Syndrome.

Nice post . . . and it's OK. . .OkayKyle.

So. . . post more often and then post often.

PACKER Fans Love Chunky.