PDA

View Full Version : Game balls

esoxx
10-29-2007, 10:51 PM
1 - Brett Favre - simply amazing performance.

2 - Aaron Kampman - dominating game with three sacks and constant pressure. A real force.

3 - Greg Jennings - 141 yds and the game winner. Smooth as silk.

4 - Ryan Grant - 104 yards, ran hard and aggresive. This was supposed to be Deshawn Wynn's coming out party but it's Grant that stepped up and showed he's the man in the run game.

RashanGary
10-29-2007, 10:54 PM
You don't see every WR coming up with big plays like that. Jennings does it somewhat regularly. Single coverage from Driver helps, but Jennings is just too good to get single coverage like that and teams can't afford to double both and be aggressive in the run game at the same time.

MJZiggy
10-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Props to Kampman. One play, dropped 3x got up and STILL made the play for a loss!!

Bigby is NOT gonna wanna watch film this week though.

esoxx
10-29-2007, 10:58 PM
You don't see every WR coming up with big plays like that. Jennings does it somewhat regularly. Single coverage from Driver helps, but Jennings is just too good to get single coverage like that and teams can't afford to double both and be aggressive in the run game at the same time.

And if Jones continues to emerge and get more confidence (I think that 79 yard TD will help), it will only get better. Throw KoRo into the mix and it will make Defensive Coordinators have some long, restless nights.

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2007, 10:58 PM

2 - Aaron Kampman - dominating game with three sacks and constant pressure. A real force.

4 - Ryan Grant - 104 yards, ran hard and aggresive. This was supposed to be Deshawn Wynn's coming out party but it's Grant that stepped up and showed he's the man in the run game.

Can't argue with these choices!

Maybe Deana Favre gets a game ball for not embarassing herself in that slightly embarassing interview. She has a lot of poise, it went well. She did not get overly maudelin or stupid wifey. I like her.

esoxx
10-29-2007, 10:59 PM
I agree Deanna did well. She sure as hell was better than Vince Vaughn. I hate when they have anyone in the booth to pimp their movie or book or whatever it is they're trying to hype. Stick with the game, we can get that other stuff all week.

Bretsky
10-29-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm one to develop fast first impressions

I have not liked Morency
I think Wynn is a tease
And Jackson doesn't have it yet

But a few swift moves early on had me very curious about Ryan Grant. He does remind me of Dorsey Levins. Very similar running style; hits the holes hard and lunges forward.

Definitely our best RB IMO

I appreciated TT giving up a 6th for Grant and he must have really liked him to give up a pick.

I like Ryan Grant. He might be our answer; if our answer is on this roster he is it IMO

MadtownPacker
10-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Esoxx you pendejo, she was pimping her book.

Fuck vaugh, he can kiss my ass after admitting to being a bears fan.

GBRulz
10-29-2007, 11:03 PM
How about a game ball for Vince Vaughn who was pimping NFLN on ESPN !!

esoxx
10-29-2007, 11:04 PM

Exactly. Do that on Good Morning America, ESPN shows, radio shows, etc... I'm not blaming her b/c it's the format for Monday Night Football nowadays. I just don't like it, for whatever reason. Distracts from the game.

OS PA
10-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Did anybody else just watch Jay Cutler cry?

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2007, 11:06 PM

it's ok for grown men to cry over football. if he cries at a wedding, then I got an issue.

Tarlam!
10-29-2007, 11:08 PM

it's ok for grown men to cry over football. if he cries at a wedding, then I got an issue.

Now that's funny, HH

Iron Mike
10-29-2007, 11:10 PM

I wanna see this guy cry:

http://www.dannydoom.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/barrelman.gif

esoxx
10-29-2007, 11:12 PM

What about that orange Leprechun they showed during the game? Betcha that pointy eared hobgoblin is throwing himself into traffic in the parking lot right about now. :lol:

Freakin' gremlin.

There's no place for gremlin's in this league.

GBRulz

Exactly. Do that on Good Morning America, ESPN shows, radio shows, etc... I'm not blaming her b/c it's the format for Monday Night Football nowadays. I just don't like it, for whatever reason. Distracts from the game.

It's less of Kornholio talking...what can possibly be bad about that?

Harlan Huckleby
Now that's funny, HH

Now? NOW!!!?????

I am ALWAYS FUcKING SCREAMING HILARIOUS and fuck you if you don't think so.

'nuff said.

esoxx

Good point.

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Kudos to Crosby, Kampy,Grant and last but definitely not least #4! Kudos also to Deanna for being one classy human being.

MJZiggy
10-29-2007, 11:20 PM

Not Coors Light, is he?

Bretsky
10-29-2007, 11:21 PM

Good point.

HOW in the world could they have decided to keep this guy two years in a row
He is terrible, absolutely terrilbe. He forces his dribble in there all the time.
Very un natural position for him there, and is painfully shows

BallHawk
10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
I'd much rather see Wilbon in the booth than Kornheiser.

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Great point Hawk

GBRulz
10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Another game ball for Ryan. Some great punts there tonight, including one to pin them inside their own 10.

Cheesehead Craig
10-29-2007, 11:49 PM
I think Grant did a real nice job tonight. He ran with conviction and authority. Sure, the Denver run D isn't all that great, but it was good not to see a RB pussy-footing around and hoping something would happen. He at least made a decision and went balls out to make it work.

HarveyWallbangers
10-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Kudos to Crosby, Kampy,Grant and last but definitely not least #4! Kudos also to Deanna for being one classy human being.

Her husband was pretty damn good also.

Cheesehead Craig
10-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Another guy who had a quiet good game was Jarrett Bush. After how he's been abused this season, I thought he would do a lot worse.

mraynrand
10-30-2007, 12:04 AM

Fuck vaugh, he can kiss my ass after admitting to being a bears fan.

I couldn't agree more. I might add though - Mad, you are Money and you don't even know it!

VegasPackFan
10-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Screw MNF for putting a Bears fan in the booth on a GB game against another team entirely. Clueless. Just friggin clueless.

woodbuck27
10-30-2007, 12:07 AM

Can't argue with these choices!

Maybe Deana Favre gets a game ball for not embarassing herself in that slightly embarassing interview. She has a lot of poise, it went well. She did not get overly maudelin or stupid wifey. I like her.

Nick Barnett also played very well again.

Defense T-A SCK INT FF
N. Barnett 6-3 0.0 0 0

A. Bigby 5-2 0.0 0 0 (Not a good game)

N. Collins 3-2 0.0 0 0
A. Harris 3-0 0.0 0 0
A. Hawk 3-2 0.0 0 0
A. Kampman 3-3 3.0 0 0 (AWESOME EFFORT !)
C. Woodson 3-0 0.0 0 0

woodbuck27
10-30-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm one to develop fast first impressions

I have not liked Morency
I think Wynn is a tease
And Jackson doesn't have it yet

But a few swift moves early on had me very curious about Ryan Grant. He does remind me of Dorsey Levins. Very similar running style; hits the holes hard and lunges forward.

Definitely our best RB IMO

I appreciated TT giving up a 6th for Grant and he must have really liked him to give up a pick.

I like Ryan Grant. He might be our answer; if our answer is on this roster he is it IMO

Tight analysis B. As usual. :)

Partial
10-30-2007, 12:13 AM

I told you guys by the end of the year the question would be who is #1, not who is #2 (referring to JJ and GJ)

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 12:23 AM
I told you guys by the end of the year the question would be who is #1, not who is #2 (referring to JJ and GJ)

I hardly think there's a doubt who #1 is. I think it's clear what the pecking order is. Driver is very good. Jennings is good. Jones is good most of the time.

woodbuck27
10-30-2007, 12:24 AM
Mr. Monday Night, Brett Favre, passed for 331 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

Packers running back Ryan Grant rushed for 104 yards on 22 carries after replacing starter DeShawn Wynn, who left the game in the first quarter with a shoulder injury.

Key stat

The Packers finished with 105 rushing yards, up from their league-low season average of 65.7.

Noteworthy

The Packers have won their last five road games, including the first three this season. ...

The Packers are 6-1 for the first time since 2002, and the second time since 1996, when the team won Super Bowl XXXI.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
10-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Another game ball for Ryan. Some great punts there tonight, including one to pin them inside their own 10.

Poor ST punt coverage on one punt especially hurt Ryans numbers.

He did well himself.

PUNTS

(Number-Average)
4 - 52.3

Blocked 0

Net Punting Average 35.8 (We need to improve that)

PACKERS FOREVER !

woodbuck27
10-30-2007, 12:31 AM

DD is ALWAYS NUMBER ONE Partial. :)

The Leaper
10-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Nick Barnett also played very well again.

Barnett deserves props. A solid game, and a heady fumble recovery to turn the tide of the game early.

cpk1994
10-30-2007, 09:44 AM
I'd much rather see Wilbon in the booth than Kornheiser.
Do you really want a Bears fan doing commentary?

Bretsky
01-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Nice to visit history about the birth of Ryan Grant as well