PDA

View Full Version : One of the Most Exciting Packer Wins Ever...

oregonpackfan
10-29-2007, 11:32 PM
had to be tonight's overtime win with Favre throwing the bomb on the very first play.

I have been a Packer fan since I was a Young'un in '59. Tonight's climactic finish was probably the most dramatic win I have ever seen including the Ice Bowl, the Super Bowl I, II, XXXI, or the upset playoff Game against the '49'ers.

Lombardi and Max McGee had to have been stompin' the clouds on that touchdown pass from Favre...

b bulldog
10-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Don't forget route 66

VegasPackFan
10-29-2007, 11:52 PM
I was going nuts!

Maybe the Freeman circus catch against Minnesota, but other than that, what a great moment. Especially after the criticism about "the deep balls" from two weeks ago.

Brett always seems to come up with the answer to his critics on that field of play.

woodbuck27
10-30-2007, 01:03 AM
had to be tonight's overtime win with Favre throwing the bomb on the very first play.

I have been a Packer fan since I was a Young'un in '59. Tonight's climactic finish was probably the most dramatic win I have ever seen including the Ice Bowl, the Super Bowl I, II, XXXI, or the upset playoff Game against the '49'ers.

Lombardi and Max McGee had to have been stompin' the clouds on that touchdown pass from Favre...

You and I have been Packer fans for nearly the same length of time.

I started with them in 1957.

The Milwaukee Braves led me to Green Bay, Wisconsin on the map, and the Packers and the 60s teams locked me on.

PACKERS FOREVER !

Guiness
10-30-2007, 01:56 AM
This is why Favre is the guy who causes us to hold our breath...that play could have ended up being awfully big the other way. He does it, it drives us nuts, but in the end we cringe, and love it.

mmmdk
10-30-2007, 07:12 AM
This is why Favre is the guy who causes us to hold our breath...that play could have ended up being awfully big the other way. He does it, it drives us nuts, but in the end we cringe, and love it.

Amazing what 1 superstar can do !

MJZiggy
10-30-2007, 07:22 AM

Make that 1 superstar, 1 future superstar. Someone had to catch it afterall.

Kiwon
10-30-2007, 07:32 AM

Yes, Jennings is building an impressive resume in a very short period of time.

You have to wonder what was going through Javon Walker's mind as he was watching the game last night, especially during the TD bombs.

GrnBay007
10-30-2007, 07:34 AM
You have to wonder what was going through Javon Walker's mind as he was watching the game last night, especially during the TD bombs.

:lol:

Maxie the Taxi
10-30-2007, 07:37 AM

Yes, Jennings is building an impressive resume in a very short period of time.

I like to think we've got two budding superstar receivers on the team. Don't forget James Jones!!!!!!!!!

retailguy
10-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Favre did that by himself. He threw it, raced down the field and caught it, then dragged the db into the end zone. Greg who?

Iron Mike
10-30-2007, 07:50 AM

I guess you could e-mail him and ask him:

http://www.javonwalker84.com/contact.php

cpk1994
10-30-2007, 09:37 AM

:lol: I think ihe was saying someting like, "God, karma is a bitch!" :)

Green Bud Packer
10-30-2007, 09:48 AM
There have been too many "most exciting games ever" in my life to mention.

The emotionnal rollercoaster I climb on every Packer game never gets old and can be a sweet ride.

It's always good to be a Packer fan. Sometimes better than others.

The Leaper
10-30-2007, 10:17 AM
I dunno.

That first Favre game winner to Kitrick Taylor was pretty special...along with all 400+ since.

Last night's was special because of all the concerns regarding his arm strength. Once again, Favre told the doubters where they could stick it...and even HOF caliber guys like Steve Young and Emmitt Smith were in awe.

lod01
10-30-2007, 10:26 AM
ZEBRA DOUBLE GO!!!!!!!

Wow what a play. Amazingly I needed that TD to win my FF game this week. It had to be 40+ yards and it had to go to Greg Jennings as I own both of them. I'm still in shock.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
We must get to see a lot of good games because people are always bringing up how the last game was the greatest. Favre just hooks it up like that.

But I agree this last game was one of the greatest. :D

gbgary
10-30-2007, 11:49 AM
last night was great but there have been plenty of dramatic finishes over the years...most by brett and company.

Harlan Huckleby
10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
We must get to see a lot of good games because people are always bringing up how the last game was the greatest. Favre just hooks it up like that.

But I agree this last game was one of the greatest. :D

Favre's play was fantastic, no doubt.

All the penalties kept down the excitement of the game, but maybe that was just my reaction.
If the Broncos had won the toss in overtime and scored, I bet we might remember this one as kind of an unpleasant game. The Packers mostly played well on both sides of the ball, but sloppy plays kept the game close. Frustrating.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 01:16 PM
One of the best endings ever. My favorites are still the '93 playoff game at Detroit, and the 4th down TD to Corey Bradford against the Vikings at Lambeau in '99.

Zool
10-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Freeman's fall down catch for a TD against the Vikes.

Iron Mike
10-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Who remembers THIS GB vs. Denver game?

http://www.packersnews.com/favre/articles/favre_24211815.shtml

Willard
10-30-2007, 03:28 PM
The Yancy Thigpen game was a barn-burner!

Green Bud Packer
10-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Beating the Ditka coached Bears after further review stands out in my mind.