PDA

View Full Version : General Packer Rats Questions

Badgepack
05-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Who started this site and why?

Why are the best poster from JSOnl*ne here?

How long has this been up and running?

Anyhow, thanks to all involed in this forum, thanks for the nice welcome, and hopefully I won't get fired for spending too much time here.

jack's smirking revenge
05-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey Badgepack! Thanks for coming over to PR! Great to have you here.

It's got a long and storied history so far, rooted in discontent with how JSO handles and administrates its forums. Many of us (including myself) suffered from identity theft or were threatened by some posters/hackers at JSO. That's the abbreviated version. The bottom line is that most of us got so pissed off that we left and Mad and HH decided to set up this forum. It is evolving into something greater with the participation of the great posters we have here.

The sky is the limit. Glad you're with us. If you're interested in contributing to the future core site (ie. write content), let me know. I'm attempting to coordinate its "expansion", though its primarily a team effort--as it should be.

tyler

swede
05-09-2006, 03:59 PM
One of the reasons I am here is because a maniac began raising h*ll on JSO's site, circulating personal and defamatory information about other people and threatening to e-mail bosses that employees were posting on company time. He knew his way around computers and he was not nice when angry. JSO's subsequent inaction showed that they were completely indifferent to the savage treatment some of their most loyal customers had suffered. They had the power to fix things and did not.

The people whose online identities I liked most and respected most left the site for safer places. I believe HH and Madtown share credit for starting this site when it became clear that we needed both safety AND freedom in order to live our Packer-loving alter egos to the fullest.

jack's smirking revenge
05-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Said hacker actually posted a ton of my personal info at JSO, including my picture, phone number, place of work, etc. The ironic thing is that I pissed him off because I stood up to him for hijacking accounts of posters that I considered friends. As swede suggested, JSO did absolutely nothing. I never once received a response for all of the times that I reported forum issues. Led me to believe that they truly don't care.

We do, however, and are driven to make this the best Packer site possible.

tyler

Badgepack
05-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Count me in, and thanks again.

Harlan Huckleby
05-09-2006, 04:07 PM
LawyerJoe was the inspiration for this site.

Badgepack
05-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Oh, another thing, I wish I knew of this site the weeks leading up to the draft. I'm sure I missed some great discussions.

I noticed on your expansion team, you picked up both Hank Baskett(who I've played basketball with, great kid) and Dontell Moore from New Mex who I thought the Pack should have picked in the 7th round or free agents. Both players could help this team.

jack's smirking revenge
05-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Unfortunately, you did miss out on some great discussions, but let's look at the glass as half-full--you're here now and won't miss out on any of the crazyfun stuff that we have planned.

You said for me to "count you in". If you're truly serious, PM me and let's chat. We're definitely looking for people to contribute content to the core site, as well as people to help in the development and other aspects.

tyler

Joemailman
05-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Oh, another thing, I wish I knew of this site the weeks leading up to the draft. I'm sure I missed some great discussions.

I noticed on your expansion team, you picked up both Hank Baskett(who I've played basketball with, great kid) and Dontell Moore from New Mex who I thought the Pack should have picked in the 7th round or free agents. Both players could help this team.

The "2006 Live Draft Thread" on this forum had 2258 replies over just 2 days. Unbelievable! It can be found on Page 7 of the Green Bay Packers forum.