PDA

View Full Version : How Can He Retire?

Scott Campbell
10-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Can you imagine retiring and wondering if you still have a game like that left in your old body. I can't.

Favre's addicted to adreniline - way worse than he ever was to Vicodin. Games like the one we watched last night will make it very, very difficult to walk away.

mraynrand
10-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Games like the one we watched last night will make it very, very difficult to walk away.

So will all those sacks. Hopefully Favre will be able to walk away.

MadtownPacker
10-30-2007, 08:11 AM
Games like the one we watched last night will make it very, very difficult to walk away.

So will all those sacks. Hopefully Favre will be able to walk away.Even if he had retired 5 years a go he was gonna feel all those anyways. The $$$ will help him feel better.

The Leaper
10-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Favre will walk away when the time is right. I think he made the right decision 2 years ago to come back and take it year by year and see what happened.

At this point, it would be very unlikely that he hangs it up after this season...unless the Packers win the Super Bowl. This team is too good and too young.

And he's still one of the top 5 QBs in the game...if anyone hasn't noticed.

CaliforniaCheez
10-30-2007, 09:21 AM
1816 yards to break the Marino yardage record.

With 9 games remaining he needs 201 yards a game to beat that mark this season.

Next year is for adding to the numbers.

The last game of 2009 he ties and the first game of the 2010 season he breaks the consecutive start streak.

Edit: He is on pace to break the record at St Louis.

VegasPackFan
10-30-2007, 12:31 PM
He's always said he wont make any decisions based on records.

He wants to win and enjoy playing the game. He has also said that as long as he knows he still has the skills, he would play.

Based on all these factors, next year is a no brainer, I believe.

LEWCWA
10-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Records will be out of the equation after this season! He will be back for a super bowl run nothing else....