PDA

View Full Version : Kornheiser Imitates Madden

Scott Campbell
10-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Ok, so he used complete sentences and words with more than two syllabals. But did you see the comparison between Brett and Tiger and Michael? Even Madden has never gone that far.

I'm not sure I like this whole media darling circus. I'd rather fly under the radar and smack unsuspecting teams. I miss the days when people around here were moaning and groaning about the lack of national respect.

The Leaper
10-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Ok, so he used complete sentences and words with more than two syllabals. But did you see the comparison between Brett and Tiger and Michael? Even Madden has never gone that far.

I know what he was trying to say, but it is impossible to compare a football player in what is a truly team sport to a golfer or basketball player in sports that are far more individualistic. Also, I think it is a poor choice because Tiger and Jordan are far more robotic and aloof than Favre...much of Favre's popularity is because of his openness and charisma that guys like Tiger and Jordan don't show very often, albeit with good reason.

If you had to compare Favre to a golfer or basketball player, I would choose Arnold Palmer and Magic Johnson for their charisma and ability to connect on a more personal level with the average fan.