PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City favored by 2

GrnBay007
10-30-2007, 12:04 PM
I like the Packers not being favored. It's worked so far. :P

cpk1994
10-30-2007, 12:10 PM
If you take into account the unwritten 3 pt advantage for the home team, GB would be favored by 1.

The Leaper
10-30-2007, 12:15 PM
KC also probably gets a slightly exaggerated HFA as well...they have one of the strongest HFAs in the sport. On a neutral site, I would guess GB is favored by 2-3.

GrnBay007
10-30-2007, 12:27 PM
If you take into account the unwritten 3 pt advantage for the home team, GB would be favored by 1.

I know, but shhh. I like us appearing to be the underdog. :D

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure how the Packers aren't favorted, but who really cares.

Carolina_Packer
10-30-2007, 01:23 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nfl/gaming/database.aspx

This is an interesting site for historical matchup and spread information.

There is not a lot of sample data vs. the Chefs, except that awful game we should have won in 2003. Argh! Payback!

Green Bud Packer
10-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Favre is 0-3 against the Chiefs. K.C. is the only team Favre has not beaten. That will change come Sunday.

Carolina_Packer
10-30-2007, 02:01 PM
I looked up Favre's head to head against the KC Chiefs. Small sampling, but he's O'fer the Chiefs in his career.

1993 at KC Loss 16-23
1996 at KC Loss 20-27
1999 strangely we played 3 of the 4 AFC West teams, but not the Chiefs...Um, OK
2003 Home Loss 34-40 (bad loss as we gave them the game)

If Ty Law can play for having an interception in his scrap book against Favre, then perhpas Favre can play for a win against a team he's never beaten, home or away. Go get 'em Brett and team!

3irty1
10-30-2007, 02:58 PM
In sports betting the most important football stat is rushing yards. Its equivalent to who the starting pitcher will be in baseball.... It usually determines the winner of a game. I suspect this is why the Packers get no love from the guys setting the lines.

Partial
10-30-2007, 03:02 PM
In sports betting the most important football stat is rushing yards. Its equivalent to who the starting pitcher will be in baseball.... It usually determines the winner of a game. I suspect this is why the Packers get no love from the guys setting the lines.

I think it has to do with several factors:

a. Arrowhead is one of the toughest places to win
b. KC is hot right now and playing very well
c. Good team in the AFC vs. good team in the NFC

We'll win this one.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 03:22 PM

This logic seems outdated... right out of football from the 60's.

Last year, Atlanta, Washington, Tennessee, San Francisco, and Denver all finished in the top 8 in rushing. None of them had a winning record. Minnesota is 2nd and Oakland is 6th in rushing this year, but would anybody make them a favorite over more than 10 teams in the league?

It makes some sense, since teams that run the ball usually are ahead, but it seems strange to me.

swede
10-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Favre is 0-3 against the Chiefs. K.C. is the only team Favre has not beaten. That will change come Sunday.

I'm thinking beating KC is on Brett's to do list.

Guiness
10-30-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't get how they can not be the favorite. They're 6-1 for chrissake! Maybe their wins have been ugly, and it makes people nervous, but they ARE wins

mmmdk
10-30-2007, 05:41 PM
I looked up Favre's head to head against the KC Chiefs. Small sampling, but he's O'fer the Chiefs in his career.

1993 at KC Loss 16-23
1996 at KC Loss 20-27

If Ty Law can play for having an interception in his scrap book against Favre, then perhpas Favre can play for a win against a team he's never beaten, home or away. Go get 'em Brett and team!

Seattle was an AFC West team in 1999; divisions had 5 teams but NFC vs AFC only were 4 games.

The Leaper
10-30-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm thinking beating KC is on Brett's to do list.

And we all know how successful Favre is when something is on his list...just ask those worried about the ZIP in his arm.

RashanGary
10-30-2007, 06:45 PM
This is the first game I'm predicting the Packers to lose. Denver was hell to play at their house, KC is going to be worse. The Packers are riding high, I'm ready for a let down.

Joemailman
10-30-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure how the Packers aren't favorted, but who really cares.

Packers have no running game and Favre can't throw deep.

esoxx
10-30-2007, 06:51 PM
The Chiefs have won four out of their last five, including a 30-16 stomping at San Diego. The Lions would be a 5-6 pt dog here, Bears/Vikings around 7-8.
This game will be no day at the beach, especially coming off a short week.

ND72
10-30-2007, 06:52 PM

I was at that game. I've never seen a game where one team completely and totally dominated a team like Green Bay did vs. KC that day and found a way to blow it.

On the other hand, I have no idea how KC is 4-3. Minus Larry Johnson...EH. They have a decent defense I guess, but wow, that is a team that lacks talent in a big way if you ask me. Props to Herm.

Tarlam!
10-31-2007, 05:58 AM
This game will be no day at the beach, especially coming off a short week.

Agree, and KC is coming off a bye. They will be rested, we will be...... heck, I don't know what we will be!

I am hoping we take the adrenalin from Denver and stick it to them. I am hoping all those "Giants/ Cowboys are #1 in the NFC" comments on NFL.com will stir some extra effort out of our guys.

I also hope Denver kicks Detroit's collective butt! Just in case we go 6-2, we'd still have the cushion....

The Leaper
10-31-2007, 08:45 AM
KC is a bad matchup for us. They have a TE that can expose a weakness in coverage. They have a running game that could pose some issues. Their defense is underrated. They are coming off a bye.

Honestly, I expect us to lose this one. It wouldn't be a bad loss. If you would've said we would go 1-1 on the road trip to Denver and KC prior to the start of the year, I would have happily taken it.

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2007, 10:02 AM
I don't think KC is very good. However, I expect a letdown game this week. It has the markings. Coming off MNF, other team coming off a bye, not a lot of hype about this game. It would show me a lot if they won this game. This will be a tough game.

Guiness
10-31-2007, 10:12 AM
I have to tell you that Gonzo scares me - he's still one of the best at his position, and we have trouble covering the regular TE's. I just hope their QB can't get him the ball...

I'm not so sure their D will give us that much trouble. I think we'll be able to put points on the board.

cpk1994
10-31-2007, 12:24 PM
KC is a bad matchup for us. They have a TE that can expose a weakness in coverage. They have a running game that could pose some issues. Their defense is underrated. They are coming off a bye.

Honestly, I expect us to lose this one. It wouldn't be a bad loss. If you would've said we would go 1-1 on the road trip to Denver and KC prior to the start of the year, I would have happily taken it.

I think you can also make that argument about San Diego, and we all know how that game turned out.

The Leaper
10-31-2007, 01:27 PM
I think you can also make that argument about San Diego, and we all know how that game turned out.

True, but we weren't the one making the road trip...and SD didn't have a bye week prior to playing us.

Even so, their passing game torched us.

Carolina_Packer
10-31-2007, 01:34 PM

1993 at KC Loss 16-23
1996 at KC Loss 20-27

Seattle was an AFC West team in 1999; divisions had 5 teams but NFC vs AFC only were 4 games.

Thanks, I had spaced on Seattle being a former AFC team, and wasn't aware that AFC vs. NFC inter-divisional play was 4 of 5. Good info.

Here is a Presser from Herm Edwards with lots of comments on the Packers and an interesting perspective on the Favre bomb to Jennings.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/10/30/herm_edwards_press_conference__1030/

MJZiggy
10-31-2007, 08:32 PM
Did anyone notice that at the end of that transcript there was a place where you could buy individual game streams like for this week's game if anyone needs it?

GrnBay007
10-31-2007, 10:34 PM
All the "experts" at CBS Sports (Harmon, Prisco, Judge, Davis, Richard) have picked Kansas City (-2.5) over the Packers.

I think they are all wrong. :P

oregonpackfan
10-31-2007, 11:13 PM
All the "experts" at CBS Sports (Harmon, Prisco, Judge, Davis, Richard) have picked Kansas City (-2.5) over the Packers.

I think they are all wrong. :P

Many of those "Experts" also picked the Packers to lose to: the Eagles, Chargers, Broncos....

Tarlam!
11-01-2007, 02:52 AM
Here is a Presser from Herm Edwards with lots of comments on the Packers and an interesting perspective on the Favre bomb to Jennings.

Man, Herm is a class act. I watched the video. What he says, the way he says it is all about respect. He really gets it.

Man, I am impressed by this guy.

3irty1
11-01-2007, 03:20 AM

This logic seems outdated... right out of football from the 60's.

Last year, Atlanta, Washington, Tennessee, San Francisco, and Denver all finished in the top 8 in rushing. None of them had a winning record. Minnesota is 2nd and Oakland is 6th in rushing this year, but would anybody make them a favorite over more than 10 teams in the league?

It makes some sense, since teams that run the ball usually are ahead, but it seems strange to me.

You have to go per game not per season and in sports betting you only need to beat the spread... Maybe it's outdated logic but in the sports betting community its still the golden rule.

Guiness
11-01-2007, 04:20 AM
Good interview by Edwards. He was DMC last year, but survived and has his team pointed in the right direction.

What about his comment about GB going no huddle? Other than the 2 minute drill, I certainly haven't noticed that more than a couple of times this year. I didn't think it was something they did regularly at all.

swede
11-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Good interview by Edwards. He was DMC last year, but survived and has his team pointed in the right direction.

What about his comment about GB going no huddle? Other than the 2 minute drill, I certainly haven't noticed that more than a couple of times this year. I didn't think it was something they did regularly at all.

I think the one time I noticed the no-huddle was when Brett was trying to cross up the Broncos who had to go from defending goal and 6 to goal and 1. The Broncos had to burn a time out to keep from takin a penalty for 12 men on the field.

This seemed to be another example of Brett having more control on the field than I recall him ever having before. If it is true that MM has given Brett substantially increased opportunities and means to change plays on the field then MM, for that alone, is doing well as head coach. Brett has returned to top five quarterback status in the NFL, and in the era of Manning and Brady that's pretty significant for a 38 year old.

Him8123
11-01-2007, 03:37 PM
the only thing KC will have for them will be Gonzales, since we cant cover TE`s. Johnson I`m not so worried about. The Pack have been able to control star running backs for the most part this season ala, Westbrook, LT, Peterson, Portis

KYPack
11-01-2007, 11:02 PM

I was at that game. I've never seen a game where one team completely and totally dominated a team like Green Bay did vs. KC that day and found a way to blow it.

On the other hand, I have no idea how KC is 4-3. Minus Larry Johnson...EH. They have a decent defense I guess, but wow, that is a team that lacks talent in a big way if you ask me. Props to Herm.

What happened ND?

I have NO recollection of that game. That was back when KC was a mini-powerhouse.

esoxx
11-01-2007, 11:06 PM
If I recall, that was an early season hot weather game at Lambeau when Ahman put it on the ground a time or two. It was after that game that speculation on what type of sleeve wear he should be wearing and was that a factor in his fumbling.

GrnBay007
11-01-2007, 11:10 PM
If I recall............

*sigh* but you never recall the grocery list, do ya?

:P :wink:

esoxx
11-01-2007, 11:22 PM
:lol:

Yeah, it's funny, KY doesn't recall the game whatsoever and here I remember it was "SleeveGate" in Green Bay after that game. :lol:

Umm, was that bread, milk and bananas or bread, milk and apples... I can never get THAT straight.

Since Monday I keep forgetting my coffee thermos is in the back seat of my car. Every morning I bitched about how I have to remember to take the thermos in...it's still out there. :D

And yet I can remember explicit details of mundane things that happened 20+ years ago. Go figure.

GrnBay007
11-01-2007, 11:32 PM
I can remember explicit details of mundane things that happened 20+ years ago. Go figure.

Top notch Packer fan you are. And I bet I speak for others when I say I love hearing details you guys bring to the table on certain games. Esp. the oldies but goodies.
Who cares about the grocery list? Hell, I can't ever remember my own list. :P

KYPack
11-01-2007, 11:53 PM
:lol:

Yeah, it's funny, KY doesn't recall the game whatsoever and here I remember it was "SleeveGate" in Green Bay after that game. :lol:

Umm, was that bread, milk and bananas or bread, milk and apples... I can never get THAT straight.

Since Monday I keep forgetting my coffee thermos is in the back seat of my car. Every morning I bitched about how I have to remember to take the thermos in...it's still out there. :D

And yet I can remember explicit details of mundane things that happened 20+ years ago. Go figure.

OK, the slimy sleeves of Green game. It all comes back to me now.

I can remember wins from 30 -40 years ago, but losses from a couple years ago just fade into the mist.

Fer instance, what happened in 2005? I've forgotten 3/4 of the season?

MJZiggy
11-02-2007, 07:43 AM
I can remember explicit details of mundane things that happened 20+ years ago. Go figure.

Top notch Packer fan you are. And I bet I speak for others when I say I love hearing details you guys bring to the table on certain games. Esp. the oldies but goodies.
Who cares about the grocery list? Hell, I can't ever remember my own list. :P

That's why there's a whole industry devoted to notepads for grocery lists, cause no one cares enough about them to remember them. And yes, I am amazed when you guys pull games out of your head that I would never remember without you.