PDA

View Full Version : Jennings + Jones ... T.T

packers11
10-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Ok... I'll be the first to fess up...

T.T. skipped over Chad Jackson for some no namer named Jennings... Was I mad??? VERY MAD...

He proved me wrong once...

After waiting until the 3rd round in the draft this year to take another person with a low key name... James Jones... Especially after people like Jarrett (bigger names) went late in the second round...
Was I mad??? Extremely mad...

He proved me wrong twice...

So far T.T. has a golden finger at finding talent at the WR position, I could not be happier with these two prospects... Its a little to early to start crowning Jones (especially after the bears game)...
BUT... When Jennings is healthy, he looks so smooth running his routes...

This is my official apology to T.T. for blasting him two off seasons in a row for not picking the WR I wanted...
Chad Jackson - Bust so far...
Any of the WR's besides C. Johnson - Looks like Jones is doing better than them...

Props to T.T. :glug:

Partial
10-30-2007, 02:23 PM
One thing I will say is that both of those guys play very fast. I know Jennings timed fine, but Jones touchdown catch was a thing of beauty. You've gotta have some wheels to outrun everybody like that.

Maxie the Taxi
10-30-2007, 02:27 PM
I agree 1000%. I hoped the Packers would draft Jennings and when they did I almost fell off my chair. I'd been following his career and what he's doing here he was doing at Western Michigan (?) game in and game out. He can return punts with the best of them too. He's clutch.

I must confess I hadn't heard of James Jones until TT drafted him, but when I caught some of his college footage on Utube I knew TT had struck gold. The resemblance to Sterling Sharpe is kind of obvious. He's got a body type different than Boyd Dowler, but plays like Boyd and has hands like Boyd.

What impresses me about both young men is their intelligence and maturity. They handle themselves and the media like veterans. Very honest. Very unselfish and team oriented. Very old school.

So who needs Moss when we got Greg and JJ (and Donald).

Maxie the Taxi
10-30-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm not a stats man, but I bet Jones is closing in on Bowe as far as rookie receivers go.

LL2
10-30-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm not a stats man, but I bet Jones is closing in on Bowe as far as rookie receivers go.

Hopefully he surpases Bowe!

BallHawk
10-30-2007, 02:45 PM
One thing I will say is that both of those guys play very fast. I know Jennings timed fine, but Jones touchdown catch was a thing of beauty. You've gotta have some wheels to outrun everybody like that.

Great catch and run by Jones, but the Broncos' defenders took some really bad routes to try and make the tackle.

BallHawk
10-30-2007, 02:48 PM
What impresses me about both young men is their intelligence and maturity. They handle themselves and the media like veterans. Very honest. Very unselfish and team oriented. Very old school.

Jennings, from day 1, you could tell he was a great guy. Well-spoken, humble, a team-player, etc.

And for Jones, when I first heard him talk I was a bit surprised. The guy got a 9 on his Wonderlic. I was expecting Chad Jackson like-intelligence. And, then I hear this guy, and he's a very well-spoke, mature guy.

It's obvious that TT really knows the guys that he drafts.

Lurker64
10-30-2007, 03:10 PM
It also bears mentioning that Murphy looked like an excellent prospect before he suffered a career ending injury (which nobody could have predicted.)

Thompson has done bang-up work scouting first day WRs.

oregonpackfan
10-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Even though James Jones played his college ball here on the West Coast, I had never heard of him either.

LL2
10-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Assuming the stats at NFL.com are current Bowe has 499 yds to date. JJ has 400 and Jennings has 369. JJ, Jenningsm and Driver are all in the top 45 receivers.

Hopefully Woodson and Harris shut Bowe down this Sunday and JJ has another breakout game.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Bowe is the #1 WR for KC. Jones is the #3 WR for GB. He'll have little chance to catch Bowe--unless there is an injury. I don't want to see that happen. Finishing second or even third among rookie WRs would be fantastic though.

Guiness
10-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Jones is looking like at least the third best WR in this draft - and could well end up being the second.

b bulldog
10-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Jones and Jennings make the wr corps future look very bright.

BF4MVP
10-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Yes, major props to TT for picking these two players..Both are going to be outstanding for a number of years..

Tarlam!
10-31-2007, 05:35 AM
It also bears mentioning that Murphy looked like an excellent prospect before he suffered a career ending injury (which nobody could have predicted.)

:clap: Good call. It's interesting to speculate how the team would be shaped if T-Murph hadn't taken that aweful hit revealing his disability.

My guess is Jones wouldn't have been drafted this year...

OS PA
10-31-2007, 06:00 AM

:clap: Good call. It's interesting to speculate how the team would be shaped if T-Murph hadn't taken that aweful hit revealing his disability.

My guess is Jones wouldn't have been drafted this year...

Jones probably would have been drafted in the 5th or 6th instead.

mmmdk
11-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Bowe is the #1 WR for KC. Jones is the #3 WR for GB. He'll have little chance to catch Bowe--unless there is an injury. I don't want to see that happen. Finishing second or even third among rookie WRs would be fantastic though.

JJ & Bowe; both awesome rookie WRs. Go JJ !