PDA

View Full Version : Favre on pace for:

The Leaper
10-30-2007, 01:56 PM
4,677 yards (4,413 personal high set in 1995)
414 completions (372 personal high set in 2005)
626 attempts (613 personal high set in 2006)
66.1% comp percentage (65.4% personal high set in 2003)
14 ints (13 personal low set in 1992, 1995, 1996)
25 TDs (would be his 10th season with 25 or more TDs)

The addition of Koren Robinson to the WR corp is only going to help Favre carve up secondaries.

If the Packers finish 12-4, it will be good enough to earn a first round playoff bye IMO...because the winners in the West and South will not reach 12 wins.

Cheesehead Craig
10-30-2007, 01:58 PM

The addition of Koren Robinson to the WR corp is only going to help Favre carve up secondaries.

If the Packers finish 12-4, it will be good enough to earn a first round playoff bye IMO...because the winners in the West and South will not reach 12 wins.
The winners in those divisions may not hit 10 wins

Carolina_Packer
10-30-2007, 02:07 PM

This just in...he's good. If he keeps this up, he might make it to the HOF without having to buy a ticket. :D

Leaper, you wouldn't happen to know what his splits are like career wise first half vs. second half? Just wondering if he front loads a lot of his passing production before the coldest home games of the year.

GrnBay007
10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
IMO, he's on pace for:

MVP!!!

:D

mraynrand
10-30-2007, 02:24 PM
He's not even close to Brady. Favre had a great night last night, but for Brady it would have been below average for this season. Barring some major injury or collapse, Brady is your MVP for your second undefeated team in NFL history. The rest is just background noise.

LL2
10-30-2007, 02:39 PM
I hope Favre gets more than 30 TD's.

RIPackerFan
10-30-2007, 03:33 PM
I could see a legitimate case made for Favre to be MVP - where if Favre plays like Monday night for the rest of the season and the Packers are 12 - 4 (or higher) - even with the way Brady is playing, that Favre could be named MVP.

First - there is the nostolgia factor that is working in Favre's favor.

Second, does anyone believe that the Packers are above .500 without Favre. What about Brady? I still the the Pats 10+ wins, even if Brady didn't play a snap this year.

Third - The backlash against the Pats - there is a strong one, meanwhile, the Favre hype machine.

I would love to see it come down to those two. But it is still WAYYYYY too early.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Unless he falls completely on his face, there's no chance that Tom Brady isn't MVP this year. And he deserves it.

woodbuck27
10-30-2007, 03:41 PM
He's not even close to Brady. Favre had a great night last night, but for Brady it would have been below average for this season. Barring some major injury or collapse, Brady is your MVP for your second undefeated team in NFL history. The rest is just background noise.

Brady is definitely the MVP to this stage in the season.

Favre is right there though and definitely our MVP.

PACKERS FOREVER !

The Leaper
10-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Leaper, you wouldn't happen to know what his splits are like career wise first half vs. second half? Just wondering if he front loads a lot of his passing production before the coldest home games of the year.

I don't have any exact stats, but I'm pretty sure Favre has generally tailed off toward the end of the season the last couple years...probably more due to the high number of passes he's attempted than the weather.

Just in glancing at the TD list on jsonline, Favre has thrown 117 TDs in Sep, 90 in Oct, 108 in Nov, and 110 in Dec/Jan during the regular season. That would seem to indicate that he doesn't necessarily experience much of a dropoff in terms of point production...although yardage may be hindered slightly in poor weather.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2007, 04:32 PM
I don't have any exact stats, but I'm pretty sure Favre has generally tailed off toward the end of the season the last couple years...probably more due to the high number of passes he's attempted than the weather.

He has the last two years, but in 2005 I think it had more to do with the team than anything. The 2005 Packers, after many injuries, were like 2-9 after 11 games. They were also injury depleted. Brett has never been one to give up in a game, but mentally I doubt he was all there. Not to mention that pretty much every other part of the Packers stunk, so he had to force things to have a chance at putting points up on the board.

I'd guess his passer rating splits are down a bit late in the season (mostly due to weather), but I'm betting that if you compared his passer rating to his opponent's passer rating, he actually did better compared to his opponent later in the season than earlier in the season.

outflow
10-30-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't want to sound overly prophetic but......

That preformance last night for Favre definetly gave him that statement game needed to win the MVP (especially if his numbers don't match up with Brady and Manning, which is highly unlikely at this point).

If Green Bay can finish 12-4, and he keeps his INT numbers down (again this was the knock on him all along), what argument are they going to have? One can argue quite easily the Packers don't match up with New England or Indy pound for pound in the team talent area.

If the Packers can beat Dallas (both teams have 1 or 2 losses then) in the national spotlight, and they can enter with a 1 or 2 seed out of the NFC....

Nostalgia will take over and Favre would be the lock for the MVP.

mraynrand
10-30-2007, 04:45 PM
He has the last two years, but in 2005 I think it had more to do with the team than anything. The 2005 Packers, after many injuries, were like 2-9 after 11 games. They were also injury depleted. Brett has never been one to give up in a game, but mentally I doubt he was all there. Not to mention that pretty much every other part of the Packers stunk, so he had to force things to have a chance at putting points up on the board.

And the elephant in the room was the fact that Favre NEVER played a season where the team wasn't in the playoff hunt until the last game, except for 2005 (well, I guess technically they were out of it before the Chicago game last year, but it was decided that day, if I remember correctly). I think that led to a lot of WTF throws.

mmmdk
10-30-2007, 05:54 PM
I hope Favre gets more than 30 TD's.

I hope for a SB win but hey, that's just me! :pack:

Freak Out
10-30-2007, 06:42 PM
MVP is still a close call IMO. If #4 and the Packers keep winning the voting will be close...unless the Patriots just blow out the Colts and go 16-0. Brady, Manning, Favre....who knows? Both Brady and Manning have more weapons.

FritzDontBlitz
10-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I always thought "MVP" meant "most valuable player," not "most popular player on a team full of good players that was already expected to compete for the Super Bowl because their coach has always been considered a genius anyway."

Favre is a stellar player on what many in the league and the media feel is still a substellar cast. That gives Brett a shot IMO.

It takes more than superior stats to be an mvp. Well, it used to before the EA/Madden mentality took over the NFL....

Pacopete4
10-30-2007, 07:34 PM
We have more guys too look at for a pace too....

QB
Favre:
Att- 626
Comp-414
Comp %- 66.1
YDS- 4677
TD's- 25
INT's- 14
Rating- 92.5

WR
Driver:
Catches- 89
YDS- 1005
TD's- 5

Jones:
Catches-59
YDS- 914
TD's- 5

Jennings: 14 games
Catches- 56
YDS- 1033
TD's- 9

Martin:
Catches- 14 (11 probably for 3rd down, I dont care what any of u say)
YDS- 233
TD's- 0

TE
Lee:
Catches- 57
YDS- 695
TD's- 2

Franks: 13 games
Catches- 30
YDS- 195
TD's- 4

All stats were averaged out with injuries included

Pacopete4
10-30-2007, 07:36 PM
our 3 WR's are sick... best favre has ever had and now we add Robinson in with Martin playin well in 3rd down situations.. Lee and Franks resemble Chewy and Jackson.. Grant looks like dorsey, now we just need jackson to be bennett and we are soooo close

kampy might not have the presence of white, but hes getting to be as close as we are gonna get

WE NEED A BUTLER!!!

The Leaper
10-31-2007, 08:27 AM
Favre is a stellar player on what many in the league and the media feel is still a substellar cast. That gives Brett a shot IMO.

If Brady doesn't break Manning's record for TDs and the Pats don't go 16-0, then I think Favre might have a slim chance.

Otherwise, Brady will get it unanimously...and it would be difficult to argue with.

Cheesehead Craig
10-31-2007, 08:29 AM
Frankly, Lee's potential numbers on the season are the most impressive to me. Having a TE who is reliable has done absolute wonders for this offense.

pack4to84
10-31-2007, 08:47 AM
He's not even close to Brady. Favre had a great night last night, but for Brady it would have been below average for this season. Barring some major injury or collapse, Brady is your MVP for your second undefeated team in NFL history. The rest is just background noise.Question I have for you before the season started how many games to you predicted the Pats would win. Then ask the same about the Pack? I thought Pats would win 13. I thought the Pack would win 9. So who is more important to there team winning more then they where projected to win. Favre would be plus 3 if the Pack win 12. Brady would be plus 3 only if they win all 16. Brady has more talent around him then what Favre has. So if the Pack win 12 the only way I see Brady and Favre not tying for the MVP is if Pats go 16-0 or Brady breaks the all time TD in a season record.

Patler
10-31-2007, 08:52 AM
MVP does not mean "Most Valuable Player". It means "best statistical performance by a QB or RB" :D

Unless things change drastically, Brady will win it easily. But, how hard is his job this year, really? Even thus far, I think Favre has been more critical to the Packers' success than Brady has been to NE's. Does anyone really think NE would be sub .500 without Brady? What would the Packers' record be without Favre? No where near the 6-1 that they are.

BF4MVP
10-31-2007, 09:27 AM
MVP does not mean "Most Valuable Player". It means "best statistical performance by a QB or RB" :D

Unless things change drastically, Brady will win it easily. But, how hard is his job this year, really? Even thus far, I think Favre has been more critical to the Packers' success than Brady has been to NE's. Does anyone really think NE would be sub .500 without Brady? What would the Packers' record be without Favre? No where near the 6-1 that they are.
I agree with everything here..Very nice post.