PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings... ESPN,FOXSPORTS,SPORTSLINE...

packers11
10-30-2007, 02:01 PM
foxsports.com # 5 - Brett Favre put together yet another signature performance in a career star-studded with clutch Monday night efforts. Green Bay, now 6-1 and on top of the NFC North, came out guns blazing in overtime vs. the Broncos, going for it all on the first play from scrimmage in the extra session. Favre’s 82-yard pass and catch with Greg Jennings won the game. The future Hall of Famer also had a 79-yard touchdown pass on the night. The defense played well, keeping the Broncos out of the end zone in a final drive at the end of regulation. Eight weeks into the season, the Packers are one of only four teams in the league with one loss or less. Eleven years ago, the Packers started the 1996 season winning six of their first seven games. They finished that season as Super Bowl champions.

espn.com #4 - The first time Brett Favre's Packers started a season 6-1, they won the Super Bowl. The second time, they lost in the first round of the playoffs. We're thinking somewhere in between this season.

sportsline.com #3 - That was a nice road victory against the Broncos, winning in dramatic fashion. The best thing is seeing some sort of a running game. Now they head to Kansas City for another tough roadie.

GrnBay007
10-30-2007, 10:41 PM
I know a lot of people disregard the power rankings, but I think they are fun to read. Especially when I can rub anything in my co-worker's (bear fan) face. :twisted:

espn.com #4 - The first time Brett Favre's Packers started a season 6-1, they won the Super Bowl. The second time, they lost in the first round of the playoffs. We're thinking somewhere in between this season.

This assessment seems to be pretty right on with what many of the forum members have posted.

RashanGary
10-31-2007, 06:50 AM
I'd put them 5th after NE, Indy, Dallas and Pitts.

pack4to84
10-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Jeff Sagarin NFL ratings
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl07.htm?loc=interstitialskip
have the Pack ranked 4th
and according to there system the Pack has played the hardest schedule out of the top 5 teams. Dallas is 2-1 vs top 16 and the Pack 5-1 vs top 16. How is Dallas even rank higher then us is a joke.

Only Seattle has allowed less points then the Pack in the NFC. Packers allow 17.1. Dallas allows 22.6

BallHawk
10-31-2007, 09:48 AM

I can understand Dallas, but the Steelers? We beat Denver in the exact same atmosphere, a night game in Denver. They lost to Denver.

Not to mention they lost to Arizona.

Without question we should be higher than the Steelers.

mmmdk
10-31-2007, 10:51 AM

Don't forget the Chargers; Packers did beat the bolts though in the best game by the Pack this season.

Packers are 6-1 but is it ok to point out some things that REALLY needs to improve??? First of I think the Packers are in trouble at CB, Harris is slipping both due to injury and age. Bush is below average and more a ST guy. Packers front 7 is not getting enough pressure to opponants QBs. Too many long plays have been converted through the air (23 plus 20 yard plays through the air). More turnovers by the D...actually the Packers O has helped out by not committing too turnovers - so far.

The running game got some life vs the ponies is just one small step only - a leap is still needed to even becoming an average running team.

Oh, did I mention that Favre is awesome!? The receivers too and don't forget Lee. More succesful screens to Packers RBs are also a must - it often helps the offense on the road - Chiefs D can over pursue plays.

Maxie the Taxi
11-01-2007, 01:36 PM
What the hell is a power ranking?

Zool
11-01-2007, 03:53 PM

Its the amount of foot pounds of torque a team makes based on displacement and gear ratio.

Maxie the Taxi
11-01-2007, 05:08 PM

Its the amount of foot pounds of torque a team makes based on displacement and gear ratio.

What the hell is displacement?

RashanGary
11-01-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm not buying that the Packers are elite until they prove they can be an average run team. IF they run well this week, I'll consider them the best team in the NFC.

I think they are going to lose this week though. KC is a tough place to play and they'll be full of energy after the bye.

Merlin
11-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I think the Packers can torch KC with the pass. KC doesn't have the offense it once did either. The biggest fear I have is when this all comes crashing down on us with two vs the Lions. You watch, we will be 9-1 facing the Lions and lose on Thanksgiving! Just thinking about that makes me sick. Here's to hoping that jinx is gone! I don't see us losing to the Vikings or the Panthers at home. They will more then likely be ugly games but we will prevail.

MJZiggy
11-01-2007, 07:30 PM

How deep they flood the floor when they overflow the whirlpool...

Kiwon
11-01-2007, 07:55 PM
The Packers weren't expected to do too much and they are surprising nearly everyone.

It's great to see them in the top tier of any poll. We got spoiled by all the success they had in the past so the last few years have been a big downer.

They are earning it this year and each week they are proving that they are the real deal.

packinpatland
11-01-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm not buying that the Packers are elite until they prove they can be an average run team. IF they run well this week, I'll consider them the best team in the NFC.

I think they are going to lose this week though. KC is a tough place to play and they'll be full of energy after the bye.

Aren't you the eternal optimist?

Maxie the Taxi
11-02-2007, 08:59 AM

How deep they flood the floor when they overflow the whirlpool...

Thank you. But if this is true, why ain't New Orleans on top of the rankings?