PDA

View Full Version : NFL's Vic Carucci on Favre's Arm and Ryan Grant

fan4life
11-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Who's questioning Favre's arm strength now?
By Vic Carucci | NFL.com

MONDAY NIGHT TAKES

» Let's put an end to the discussion about Brett Favre's arm strength once and for all, shall we? It comes up because his birth certificate say he's 38, which must mean he doesn't have the ability to heave a football as far as he did when he was in his early 30s or in his 20s. It came up in earnest after he failed to connect on four deep throws, and had two intercepted by safety Sean Taylor, in the Packers' Week 7 game against Washington. It can stop coming up. Favre threw a strike that traveled at least 40 yards in the air on the way to a 79-yard touchdown connection with James Jones barely six minutes into the game against Denver. And if that wasn't convincing enough, he delivered an 82-yard scoring strike to Greg Jennings on the first play of overtime. Few quarterbacks in the league, the majority of whom are much younger, can match Favre's deep-ball skills. Even fewer could be counted on to put a game away with a single flick of the arm.

» Now there's an answer to the question of what's better to have: The NFL's last-ranked run offense or last-ranked run defense? The Packers demonstrated that even a terrible ground game can look good against a defense incapable of stopping the run. It was impressive that Ryan Grant, whom the Packers acquired from the Giants for a sixth-round draft pick on the final day of roster cuts, seized an opportunity to grab the wide-open starting running back job. Grant, who entered the game after rookie DeShawn Wynn exited in the second quarter with a shoulder injury, displayed plenty of power and toughness in gaining 104 yards on 22 carries. He also seemed to go a long way toward convincing the Green Bay coaching stafff that they shouldn't fear calling a running play every now and then; the team went the entire first quarter without a run.

Link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=1A823A51719AE999C45CA5F7F404168C? id=09000d5d803c188c&template=without-video&confirm=true)

Merlin
11-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Favre is the only QB in the league who's WR's aren't 10 yards beyond the defender! He has to throw the bullet. Anytime I see him float one up I close my eyes because it will be ugly. None of the receivers in his career have EVER been as wide open as what Manning, Brady and Romo get to throw to!

pack4to84
11-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Favre is the only QB in the league who's WR's aren't 10 yards beyond the defender! He has to throw the bullet. Anytime I see him float one up I close my eyes because it will be ugly. None of the receivers in his career have EVER been as wide open as what Manning, Brady and Romo get to throw to!
The only one that comes to mind is the pass Favre threw against Lions in the playoffs. Where Favre scrambled to his left through all they way across the field to Sharpe wide open in the back of the end zone.