PDA

View Full Version : John Kitna might have Sense of Humor

Deputy Nutz
11-01-2007, 03:45 PM
http://czabe.com/daily/archives/2007/11/index.html#000584

czabe.com
http://czabe.com/daily/archives/kitna_costume_inside.jpg

There are awesome Halloween Costumes, and then there are AWESOME ones. Capital A!

My admiration for Jon Kitna and his wife just shot through the ROOF when he showed up at a charity event clowing assistant coach Joe Cullen.

He’s the guy who got busted for showing up at a drive through BUCK NAKED! Fabulous! The good news is, and I think this is why Kitna spoofed it, is that Cullen has been through counseling, has kept his job with the Lions, and the team is 5-2.

And Kitna being a born against Christian, you didn’t think there was anything malicious about it.

At least I didn’t.

Some people though, did take offense. Like Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press.

Ah, come on folks. It’s not like he raped a confused anti-depressant popping blonde hotel clerk. Or slashed to death his ex-wife and her boyfriend. Or fought pit bulls for sport in his backyard.

The number one rule of being a guy, and being involved in team sports is this: BREAK BALLS. Period. It’s what we do. And I think most of us know the line and when it can be crossed. The gunslingin’ Kitna rifled one helluva costume right through triple-coverage for a 45 yard touchdown.

Kudos to him.

The one rather interesting side note to the story, is this: remember the last time a Lions QB dressed up mocking a coach? Sharp does…

Scott Mitchell made headlines 10 years ago when he appeared at a team party masquerading as Wayne Fontes. Mitchell was in full Big Buck regalia. He had a cigar protruding from his mouth as well as some padded girth protruding from his belt. The coup-de-grace was the Mickey Mouse ears.

It was priceless. It was hilarious because both had become caricatures and were soon headed out of town.

Indeed. I still have the sound bite from that, as Mitchell yukked it up by saying “Wayne-O!” repeatedly in front of the cameras. You could probably find it on YouTube.

There’s a war in Iraq, Hillary appears headed for the Democratic nomination, David Stern still hasn’t fired a single referee, Peter King still sits on the Hall of Fame voting committee, Detroit’s economy is in shambles, Ted Williams’ head is still frozen in an igloo cooler waiting for technology to catch up someday, and World Series baseball games keep starting at 8:45 in the east, and drag on for 4 hours or more.

Don’t we have enough to worry about besides this.

Touche, Mr. Kitna. Well played, sir. Well played!

FritzDontBlitz
11-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Yes, and it was a "Wendy's" drive through, wasn't it?

Notice his wife's "Pippi Longstocking" braids...

oregonpackfan
11-01-2007, 05:13 PM
I thought it was pretty funny as well. I heard on ESPN radio, however, that he has taken quite a bit of flack about it.

MadtownPacker
11-01-2007, 08:36 PM
PC America needs to shut the hell up!! The guy was having some fun and if you read the article he was also made fun of when someone came dressed up as bible thumpers.

KYPack
11-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Kitna is a God Squad guy and all, but he is a cool guy.

Another Lion went as a Bible thumper to make fun of Kitna & evidently Kitna laughed the loudest at the joke.

The Leaper
11-02-2007, 08:09 AM
I see nothing wrong with this. If you drive naked through Wendy's, then you can expect to get shit about it for the rest of your life...especially if you are part of a male fraternity like a sports team. NFL players need an outlet from football once in awhile...and Kitna did an impressive job of taking everyone's mind off the game for a couple hours.

Kudos to Kitna (and wife...damn, she can even look good with Wendy's hair!!) If you think it is insensitive, then be sure that you aren't caught naked in a drive-thru anytime soon.