PDA

View Full Version : Most exciting win of the season...

packers11
11-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Alright this season has been extremely exciting because the packers have been on the good side of the ball when it comes down to last second plays... I was thinking to myself, which play (that ended the game) this season was I absolutely going crazy on... So I pose this question to you guys...

Which last minute play was the best of the season???

I would go with the Denver one, because after their last drive I thought there was no way that the Packers would be able to win it...

But I'm going to go with the Greg Jennings 57 yard touchdown against San Diego because I sprained my ankle cheering as he ran into the end zone... The controller was under me and when I jumped and I landed the wrong way... :lol:

This season has been great if you a packers fan so far, cherish the moment... It is a lot better than the days of 4-12...

Badgepack
11-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I would say the Denver win was the most exciting.

But, I would say the Eagle win was the most important, we would not have 5 wins if we lost that game, IMO.

Chubbyhubby
11-02-2007, 05:18 PM
I watched the MNF game last week against Denver and I was doing the "Happy Dance" when Favre made that throw to Jennings. I added Jennings to my Fantasy Team after that game. I have got Jones and Jennings on my team. 6-2 record so far. This is my 1st Fantasy Football season. Go Packers!!

oregonpackfan
11-02-2007, 06:01 PM
The overtime TD pass to Jennings by Favre is not only the highlight of this year but one of the most exciting plays I have EVER seen during my days as a Packer.

Not only did it seal a win but it left a big warning to the rest of the NFL--Favre can still accurately throw the long one! 8-)

RashanGary
11-02-2007, 06:13 PM
The 57 YD bomb to Jennings was great too.

packinpatland
11-02-2007, 06:18 PM
The overtime TD pass to Jennings by Favre is not only the highlight of this year but one of the most exciting plays I have EVER seen during my days as a Packer.

Not only did it seal a win but it left a big warning to the rest of the NFL--Favre can still accurately throw the long one! 8-)

You mean as your days as a Packer Fan, right?....................or is that the reason you slipped away from the tailgate early.... to suit-up? :wink:

Joemailman
11-02-2007, 06:21 PM
I was at the San Diego game, so I had to vote for that one. When Jennings broke into the clear, I think that was the loudest I've heard the Lambeau crowd. Only the interception return by Al Harris against Seattle in the playoff game was comparable.

Brando19
11-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I voted for the Eagles game because that win was so sweet. It was a due win...we needed to beat the Eagles for the first time in 300 years. But...I almost chose this past Monday nights game because it doesn't get much better than that. Oh man..did I choose the wrong one? :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
11-02-2007, 08:44 PM
The San Diego play. That was huge at the time for the team, and I was shocked and stoked.

MadtownPacker
11-02-2007, 09:10 PM
The San Diego game is when it fully sunk in that they have a legit shot this year to do some big things. The denver win was stunning after it looked like it might slip away. The eagles win changed the trend of previous seasons.

Most exciting, denver. The big plays made the game fun. The screw ups brought you down low. The finish drained you like Harlan Huckleby in an airport bathroom. What more can you ask for.

Pacopete4
11-03-2007, 02:39 AM
no one gets to where they are if it had not been for where they began...

the pack began in a crummy game that most of us hated against Philly.. a team we havent beat lately.. and they beat them together.

-not cuz of favre in his legendary ways
-not cuz of a running game
-not cuz of a amazing defense that held them to nothing and scored tds on their own

But because of favre, making plays that were there and making plays that werent there that kept the ball outta the eagles hands

But because of a running game that went no where fast, but kept our team the ball when it needed

But because of a defense that shined together on the greatest stage in the 4th quarter...

that is where this all began and that is gonna be the starting stone that anyone should talk about when talking about this season

the_idle_threat
11-03-2007, 04:30 AM
Great idea for a thread!

It was very hard to pass on the outstanding play in Denver, but I have to go with the big play against San Diego.

It came against an opponent that almost nobody thought we would beat, and it turned the momentum in our favor after it seemed like the (supposedly) superior team was swinging the game in its favor.

It took a few days for the disbelief to fade: the Packers had defeated one of the top teams in the mighty AFC (a team whose offense contains two of the top ten playmakers in the entire league in Gates and LT), and suddenly we are 3-0 and could be a contender right away this year.

Him8123
11-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Denver was the most exciting, I never said Oh Shit so many times. Phillys was most important, and San Diego was most eye opening.

packers11
11-04-2007, 08:21 PM
.... I could add this game to the list also...

Seems like every week i'm on my feet until the last second...

7-1 BABYYY!!!

]{ilr]3
11-04-2007, 08:25 PM
I Liked the Denver win the best. The game against the Chiefs just pissed me off because of all the mistakes and bullshit that give the Chiefs points and field position.

Wasnt perfect, but I thought we played a good game against the Broncos.

Partial
11-04-2007, 08:29 PM

Bomb? It was a 2-3 yard slant.

HarveyWallbangers
11-04-2007, 11:12 PM

More like 10-12, but you are right that it wasn't really a bomb.

The Leaper
11-05-2007, 09:20 AM
I gotta go with the OT bomb. The San Diego toss was impressive, but it was also more improbable. That game had the feeling that we had given it away...then all of a sudden we were like "what the hell just happened". The throw was such a quick hitter.

The Denver game was just much closer, so it was more exciting. You were on the edge of your seat for the last 10 minutes of the 4th Q and then were pissing your pants in fear in OT. That toss from Favre was also picture perfect...and the anticipation factor of 3-4 seconds you get when that ball is hanging in the air can't be beat.

GoPackGo
11-05-2007, 10:13 AM
in my opinion....
The Denver overtime thriller was the most exciting game this year. One week after people questioned his arm strength he threw 2 perfect bombs for TD's.

The win in Minnesota was the most satisfying win with Favre breaking the all time NFL touchdown record on enemy turf. The Viking fans were forced to cheer for Favre or be forever remembered as first class A-holes.

The win over KC yesterday was the 2nd most satisfying win with Favre once again throwing a perfect bomb to take the lead in the 4th quarter. Also making the win satisfying was the fact that Favre did so in KC reporter/writer Jason Whitlock's face. Jason Whitlock recently ripped Favre, compared him to Barry Bonds, and said he shouldn't be mentioned in the debate of greatest QB's of all time with the likes of John Elway.

LL2
11-05-2007, 10:32 AM
I'd have to say it was the Chargers game...mainly because I was there and it was such a thrill. Maybe if the Packerrats were not at the Bears game they would've won that one too and we would be undefeated?

Partial
11-05-2007, 11:27 AM

More like 10-12, but you are right that it wasn't really a bomb.

It looked like he slanted in after but a few yards. He probably caught it about 10 yards down field, though.