PDA

View Full Version : Get 'er done! - Wifebeating 101

Kiwon
11-02-2007, 06:59 PM
If these are moderate Muslims than I wonder how the jihadists treat their wives, all 4 of them as permitted under Islam.
.................................................. ........................
Saudi Marriage 'Expert' Advises Men in 'Right Way' to Beat Their Wives :worship:

Move over, Dr. Phil, there's a new relationship expert in town.

He's Saudi author and cleric, "Dr." Muhammad Al-'Arifi, who in a remarkable segment broadcast on Saudi and Kuwaiti television in September, counseled young Muslim men on how to treat their wives.

"Admonish them – once, twice, three times, four times, ten times," he advised. "If this doesn't help, refuse to share their beds."

And if that doesn't work?

"Beat them," one of his three young advisees responded.

"That's right," Al-'Arifi said. :smack:

He goes on to calmly explain to the young men that hitting their future wives in the face is a no-no.

"Beating in the face is forbidden, even when it comes to animals," he explained. "Even if you want your camel or donkey to start walking, you are not allowed to beat it in the face. If this is true for animals, it is all the more true when it comes to humans. So beatings should be light and not in the face."

His final words of wisdom?

"Woman, it has gone too far. I can't bear it anymore," he tells the men to tell their wives. "If he beats her, the beatings must be light and must not make her face ugly.

"He must beat her where it will not leave marks. He should not beat her on the hand... He should beat her in some places where it will not cause any damage. He should not beat her like he would beat an animal or a child -- slapping them right and left. :cat:

"Unfortunately, many husbands beat their wives only when they get mad, and when they start beating, it as if they are punching a wall – they beat with their hands, right and left, and sometimes use their feet. Brother, it is a human being you are beating. This is forbidden. He must not do this."

Take that, Match.com!
.................................................. .................................................. .

"Unfortunately, many husbands beat their wives only when they get mad" - So the implication is that wives need regular beatings as training techniques. :eyes:

Whatever it takes, I guess, to get 'er done!

oregonpackfan
11-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Pathetic!

MadtownPacker
11-02-2007, 08:38 PM
This is what people know in that county. They grew up like that, they have lived their whole lives like that. We can't expect other places to be like us. We fun would it be being us then?

Can't change the world.

LL2
11-03-2007, 09:19 AM
"He should not beat her like he would beat an animal or a child"

So a child should get beat more than the wife? Beat a child like an animal? Someone should beat him just for advocating wife and child beating.

MJZiggy
11-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Can't change the world.

You can, but changing attitudes like that one take a lot of time, especially if that's what's being taught to the young people. It will take a couple generations. All I know is I wouldn't last long there...

RashanGary
11-03-2007, 10:18 AM
We're so much better than these people. I feel pretty good about killing them.

]{ilr]3
11-03-2007, 10:29 AM
We're so much better than these people. I feel pretty good about killing them.

LOL :lol:

GBRulz
11-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Where is Lorena Bobbitt when you need her??

esoxx
11-03-2007, 12:01 PM
I've never been in to wife beating or hitting women in general.

In fact, the only bar fight I was ever in occurred after I saw a guy hit a woman. I ended up shoving his head into the wall. It was at a hangout me and my friends frequented so it was cool to his head mark in the drywall each time we would come or go. I think it's still there. :lol:

esoxx
11-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Their culture is all about beating and disrespecting woman. They can't even show their face in public: see Burka.

The article certainly isn't a shock. I hope no one in here is surprised about this. Open your eyes.

Kiwon
11-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Where is Lorena Bobbitt when you need her??

:shock: Okay.......that was a low blow (literally)

(Where is Numb's dripping blood graphic?)

hoosier
11-03-2007, 08:03 PM
If these are moderate Muslims than I wonder how the jihadists treat their wives, all 4 of them as permitted under Islam.

Why do you assume he's a moderate Muslim?

Kiwon
11-04-2007, 12:13 AM

"If"

Partial
11-04-2007, 01:54 AM
Professor Partial's here!

The first rule in wife beating is intimidation. You need to get the message across early that the punishment will be much more severe to her than what would happen to you if she tells anyone.

esoxx
11-04-2007, 01:20 AM
I must have missed the part where that was in any way humorous. I assume you weren't serious, so what's your point?

hoosier
11-04-2007, 09:09 AM

"If"

Oh, so "if" meant you have no idea whether or not they're moderate? Then why bother speculating about what jihadists might do?

Kiwon
11-04-2007, 10:06 AM

"If"

Oh, so "if" meant you have no idea whether or not they're moderate? Then why bother speculating about what jihadists might do?

Oh, so, you are supportive of Muslims beating their wives. You ignore the article and nitpick over nothing. Why? Do you have some empathy for this Saudi author and his attitude towards women?

hoosier
11-04-2007, 10:43 AM

"If"

Oh, so, you are supportive of Muslims beating their wives. You ignore the article and nitpick over nothing. Why? Do you have some empathy for this Saudi author and his attitude towards women?

Over nothing? It was the lead in to your entire post. It was pretty clearly intended to suggest that what you were posting is the baseline for all Islamic cultures today. Every time you post something having to do with "Muslims" you simplify and reduce so that "they" (all Muslims) come across as evil, backwards and no doubt deserving of whatever they get. That's what I'm nitpicking about. Do you really see the world that way, or does telling that story just make you feel better?

MadtownPacker
11-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Over nothing? It was the lead in to your entire post. It was pretty clearly intended to suggest that what you were posting is the baseline for all Islamic cultures today. Every time you post something having to do with "Muslims" you simplify and reduce so that "they" (all Muslims) come across as evil, backwards and no doubt deserving of whatever they get. That's what I'm nitpicking about. Do you really see the world that way, or does telling that story just make you feel better?I agree Hoosier. We might see this as a bad thing (at least most of us) but that is what these people know. This is their culture. What right do e have to infringe on something they have done since before the USA even existed?

I aint saying it is right but sometimes you just need to keep your nose out of your neighbors business unless it actually starts to effect you.

Kiwon
11-04-2007, 05:12 PM

"If"

Over nothing? It was the lead in to your entire post. It was pretty clearly intended to suggest that what you were posting is the baseline for all Islamic cultures today. Every time you post something having to do with "Muslims" you simplify and reduce so that "they" (all Muslims) come across as evil, backwards and no doubt deserving of whatever they get. That's what I'm nitpicking about. Do you really see the world that way, or does telling that story just make you feel better?

So you admit that you are nitpicking and avoiding the real issue. And you have not yet condemned what the Saudi author said. What's the matter? Just can't bring yourself to make a moral judgment between "right" and "wrong?"

No black or white, just shades of gray, right?

Okay, start your thread highlighting Islam's respect for women.

The world is what it is and guess what, some people, unlike yourself, that actually have some moral values want to make it a better place for everyone, including women.

Why do you think the Muslims that run the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) record and publish clips like these....because they're proud of these comments? They want to see Islam change for the better, which appears to be something that you can't determine.

If you were consistent then you should contact them at www.memri.org and question their motives about their reporting. Your enlightened view will really mean a lot to a woman whose husband is battering her and justifies it with comments by the Islamic expert above.

But, of course, that's not "wrong" in an absolute sense, is it?

Harlan Huckleby
11-04-2007, 06:32 PM
The world is what it is and guess what, some people, unlike yourself, that actually have some moral values want to make it a better place for everyone, including women.

This sounds like a line from "Animal House." Or a speech from Bill Murray.

Partial
11-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Professor Partial here for another valuable lesson!

When beating your spouse, use a pillowcase full of oranges. It will inflict plenty of pain but won't leave bruises. Less chances of getting caught!

hoosier
11-04-2007, 08:27 PM

I think it would sound best coming from John Belushi. "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?...."

MJZiggy
11-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Professor Partial here for another valuable lesson!

When beating your spouse, use a pillowcase full of oranges. It will inflict plenty of pain but won't leave bruises. Less chances of getting caught!

Oh be quiet and clean up that orange juice all over the floor before she does it to you again!

Kiwon
11-05-2007, 01:44 AM

I think it would sound best coming from John Belushi. "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?...."

That's what I thought. You've got nothing serious to say or worth reading for that matter. Just another lib punk.

Freak Out
11-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Nearly one-third of American women (31 percent) report being physically or sexually abused by a husband or boyfriend at some point in their lives

Estimates range from 960,000 incidents of violence against a current or former spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend per year to three million women who are physically abused by their husband or boyfriend per year.

Males abuse females in every culture on the planet...some like to beat or rape, some like to burn, some like to throw acid on them or deny them an education or food or their family....its endless. Some very strict Muslim countries like Saudi are very conservative and the women are second class citizens...at best. Many Muslim counties are much more progressive. The sad truth is that women the globe over get the short end of the stick most of the time..and then beat with it.

MadtownPacker
11-06-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm curious what country has the most women killed by their husband or boyfriend.

Kiwon
11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Many Muslim counties are much more progressive.

Could you name five predominantly Muslim countries that you consider "progressive" towards women?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-06-2007, 08:36 PM

Could you name five predominantly Muslim countries that you consider "progressive" towards women?

Wow. Your ignorance is stunning.

Progressive:

1. Bahrain
2. Qatar
3. Tunisia
4. Turkey
5. Morocco

hoosier
11-07-2007, 09:23 AM

Wow. Your ignorance is stunning.

Progressive:

1. Bahrain
2. Qatar
3. Tunisia
4. Turkey
5. Morocco

What do you expect from a David Horowitz shill?

Kiwon
11-07-2007, 09:43 AM
What do you expect from a David Horowitz shill?

http://www.aeispeakers.com/images/headshots/Horowitz-David.jpg :worship:

Freak Out
11-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Progressive means one thing for me and another for a spice dealer in Tunis but you get my drift.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Progressive means one thing for me and another for a spice dealer in Tunis but you get my drift.

Yes, I get your drift. Tyrone is a big fan of spices. Usually tyrone buys his spices on the corner.

Partial
11-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I beat bitches, I give 'em stitches, swing at 'em like Sosa at pitches.

Grab that bitch by the 'fro, swing yo arm and letter go.

Freak Out
11-07-2007, 04:45 PM

WTF is that? A Hip Hop square dance rhyme? :lol:

RashanGary
11-07-2007, 05:19 PM
That's what I thought. You've got nothing serious to say or worth reading for that matter. Just another lib punk.

:lol:

For being the worlds best people, conservatives sure are a hatefull group of people.

swede
11-07-2007, 05:44 PM

For being the worlds best people, conservatives sure are a hatefull group of people.

You're a young man, Justin.

A young man who's not a liberal has no heart.

But an older man who's not conservative has no brain.

hoosier
11-07-2007, 07:11 PM

You're a young man, Justin.

A young man who's not a liberal has no heart.

But an older man who's not conservative has no brain.

Where does that leave our president? In need of a multiple organ transplant?

RashanGary
11-07-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm far more conservative than it seems here. I very strongly believe in the core conservative values. In fact, I'm inspired regularly by Newt Gingrich (on economic issues).

I'm anti war.
I'm pro life
I'm pro economic competition
I'm huge on smaller, more efficient government
I'm very much against long term welfare
I'm very much against socialized health care
I'm pro gay rights
I'm pro religous tolerance

I'm a mix between liberal and conservative I guess. I think it sucks that party's draw these stupid party lines and you have to pick one or the other because my perfect candidate has qualities of both.

I consider myself an independent voter. I think I'll always be independent and I pray for a day when politics becomes more about right and wrong than it is about money, greed and manipulating votes. It's a disgusting system that I detest more and more every day.

Joemailman
11-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Nearly one-third of American women (31 percent) report being physically or sexually abused by a husband or boyfriend at some point in their lives 

Yes, but those numbers are much lower if you leave out Bear fans. :P

Partial
11-07-2007, 11:13 PM

WTF is that? A Hip Hop square dance rhyme? :lol:

My friend is working on a rap song called "I beat women"

GBRulz
11-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Hopefully he will keep his day job.

Partial
11-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Hopefully he will keep his day job.

Fair enough. He's more white and nerdy than gangster. He is about to wrap up his degree in Biomedical engineering from Marquette but the guy would rather work as a district manager at Aldi's so he has been lining up interviews like crazy for that :D