PDA

View Full Version : Damn Bears fans are everywhere!

oregonpackfan
11-03-2007, 01:29 AM
I attended the local high school football game tonight. A woman sitting near me said, "I couldn't help but notice your Green Bay Packer jacket.
Are you from Wisconsin?"

I proudly acknowledged that I was. She enthusiastically announced, "Well I'm a Bears fan from Peoria!"

I smiled and said, " Don't worry about it. I'll still let you sit on this side of the field."

Our home town team lost the conference championship game. It was also the last regular game of the high school season.

May that Bears fan find Rex Grossman stuffed in her car's trunk! :)

]{ilr]3
11-03-2007, 07:12 AM
For 20 years in my area you would never known there was a single Bears fan. No one wore or said anything at all to show there support until they started winning a few years back. I was shocked when all the asswipes came out in force. Swearing at me from across the building how much the Packers suck. And there fat hillby wives wearing F*@k Brett Favre t-shirts (really, I am, not joking).

I never talked football at all with these people before to direct any attention to the Packers other than always wearing my gear. And I was still wearing it when the Packers were only 4-12.

Now that the Bears appear to be in the crapper agian, you will only on occasion see one wear anything with the bears on it and the only time you hear them talk about them is when they are in there own little pathetic group talking about how much the bear stink.

This is why I cannot stand bears fans. Atleast the vikings fans around here still support there team, although they also tear there team down all the time.

There are alot of fickle Packers fans here as well that only wear there gear when the Pack wins, but you never hear them tearing them down.

MJZiggy
11-03-2007, 09:05 AM
We have a few, (not many Bear fans around here) Only occasionally do I see anyone in Bears gear and almost never hear any of them talk about the team. Maybe they realize how sorely outnumbered they are around here...Come to think of it even the Skin and Raven fans are respectful even if they ever decide to get a little playful.

GBRulz
11-03-2007, 10:59 AM
No, not everyone who lives in GB are Packer fans. What is wrong with people, geez? We do have alot of Bears fans living here, but what I'm really noticing this year are the Cowboys fans coming out of the woodwork. Next to the Queens, that is the team that I hate the most. Probably because they were the thorn in our side in the early to mid 90's, always the ones to knock us out of the playoffs.

GBRulz
11-03-2007, 11:02 AM
BTW, the company that I work for has its headquarters just outside of Salt Lake City. In talking to one of my friends who lives there...they went out to a bar downtown SLC (yes, they have them, but you have to look very carefully) and they said for the MNF game, it was 75% Packer fans and 25% Denver fans.

Thought that was kinda cool given the fact that Utah is mostly Denver (and some Seattle) fans.

Iron Mike
11-03-2007, 11:09 AM
And what do I find during my vacation to Arizona?

http://www.mabelmurphys.com/

The Shadow
11-03-2007, 11:38 AM
For years, living in the northern Chicago suburbs as a Packer fan was similar to Dr. Miles Bennell moving among the pod people in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
The saving grace has always been the fun of watching them turn on their team the moment things head south.
I was in a bar on the Sunday the Packers were winning and the Bears were staging their Devon Hester-fueled 4th quarter comeback against the Vikings.
When Hester scored on the long touchdown to tie the score, the idiots were all screaming, high-fiving, and bumping chests - you know, the stupid "Woof! Woof!" routine.
Observing their balloons being deflated almost immediately by a long kickoff return and Ryan Longwell fieldgoal was priceless.
"Woof Woof" THIS!

Iron Mike
11-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Well, they have their own community, you know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_community

Tarlam!
11-03-2007, 11:54 AM
My kid had a flea market at his school and like, we go. OK, that in itself is big news, but that's not the story.

Any ways, one of the classrooms has been turn into a "café" and I like coffee. I am wearing my MN Alumni sweater (Ras, Harv and SF know the one) and this babe asks if I have ever been to Minnesota. She says her dad is from Lacrosse.(Sp?).

I go, whoa! I am a Packers fan! She goes, "No way, I am a Chi-ca-go Bears fan" I think, "fucking kraut....."

She goes on to say "We're having a shitty season, but, at least we beat the Packers in their house".

Me "yeah, I was there"

Bitch "Really, must have been awesome"

Me " Can I have my coffee, now?"

:wait:

GrnBay007
11-03-2007, 12:38 PM
LOL

Babe turns to Bitch, huh?? :P

4and12to12and4
11-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Hilarious!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

4and12to12and4
11-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Hey Tar, what the hell is that pic anyways? Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here, but it looks like an armless Knight. :oops:

Iron Mike
11-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Hey Tar, what the hell is that pic anyways? Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here, but it looks like an armless Knight. :oops:

http://www.ironoutlaw.com/html/armour.html

4and12to12and4
11-03-2007, 01:33 PM

http://www.ironoutlaw.com/html/armour.html

I guess I am ignorant. I had never even heard of Ned Kelly before. On the home page of that site, they spoke of a movie that is currently in production about the Kelly Gang. God, I hope that didn't turn into the movie with Robert Downing Jr. called "Ironman". 8-)

BTW, I think you chose the State Library Suit, I kinda like the National Trust Suit better, it looks more rugged. :idea:

Well, now I've gotta go read more about the Kelly Gang so I can have more random knowledge to throw at my teenagers to make them think I'm almost as smart as them. :roll:

Tarlam!
11-03-2007, 04:39 PM
No worries 4/12. Unless you were an Aussie, I wouldn't expect you to know about Ned. Unless of course you are a long time Rat - It's been disussed before!

That's why Mike knew.....Smug Rat!

MadtownPacker
11-03-2007, 05:44 PM
No worries 4/12. Unless you were an Aussie, I wouldn't expect you to know about Ned. Unless of course you are a long time Rat - It's been disussed before!

That's why Mike knew.....Smug Rat!I think I have been around a while and I didn't know either. Guess i never really looked that close at it. I just though it was a metal cantine type bottle that had some holes shot in it. Always assumed it was because Tarlam was a drunken Euro-type bastard that had taken a beating in life and that is what it symbolized.

I can't believe is was so off about the "bottle".

Iron Mike
11-03-2007, 06:33 PM

That's why Mike knew.....Smug Rat!

Hey Mad, can I get a new rat name??? :P

bigcoz75
11-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Did you visit Ned Kelly's when you were in Green Bay?
http://nedkellyspub.com/location.htm

Tarlam!
11-04-2007, 01:24 AM

Didn't know it was there.... :?:

Tarlam!
11-04-2007, 01:27 AM
I can't believe is was so off about the "bottle".

I actually fessed up about it in the very first of the blog I wrote for the main page....

GBRulz
11-04-2007, 08:24 AM

Didn't know it was there.... :?:

I think you were getting some beauty sleep at the time we were downtown. No, we didn't go there anyhow...but next year can we please go to more than one bar downtown?? :wink:

Tarlam!
11-04-2007, 09:05 AM
I think you were getting some beauty sleep at the time we were downtown. No, we didn't go there anyhow...but next year can we please go to more than one bar downtown?? :wink:

...and, now that you've met me, you'll surely agree that I need all the beauty sleep I can get!

I loved that bar we went to! But I get the feeling you're suggesting a pub craw, huh?

MJZiggy
11-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Uhhh...you never made it downtown, Dear.

BEARMAN
11-04-2007, 10:53 AM
I attended the local high school football game tonight. A woman sitting near me said, "I couldn't help but notice your Green Bay Packer jacket.
Are you from Wisconsin?"

I proudly acknowledged that I was. She enthusiastically announced, "Well I'm a Bears fan from Peoria!"

I smiled and said, " Don't worry about it. I'll still let you sit on this side of the field."

Our home town team lost the conference championship game. It was also the last regular game of the high school season.

May that Bears fan find Rex Grossman stuffed in her car's trunk! :)

I'll come down an watch the games will ya buddy, all decked out in my BEARS hat, coat, shirt, gloves and throw ! What do ya say ? We on ? :D