PDA

View Full Version : Don't Forget to Set Your Clocks!!!!!

packinpatland
11-03-2007, 08:10 PM
I'd hate for anyone to miss the start of the game tomorrow......................obviously this applies to those who have a 'night' life.....and will sleep till noon. :wink:

Lurker64
11-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Since DST works by "Spring Forward, Fall Back" I don't think anybody would miss the start of the game tomorrow. Since daylight savings will work to convert what would be 12 noon into 11 AM, nobody would miss the start of the game. Some people might stagger out of bed just in time to catch the pregame, however.

Thanks for the reminder though.

Joemailman
11-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Set Clocks Back Saturday Night

1 day ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Most Americans get a bonus this weekend, an extra hour to sleep.

Standard time returns at 2 a.m. Sunday, meaning clocks should be set back an hour. The change occurs a week later, starting this year, because of a change in the law.

Most people change their clocks before going to bed Saturday night. Some, of course, will forget. They'll be the ones at church or other activities an hour early on Sunday.

The time change doesn't apply in Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands.

I think it sucks that we have to stay up until 2:00 to set out clocks back. :wait: :x :smack:

GBRulz
11-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Actually, parts of Indiana do not observe DST, either.

joy joy, I love it when it's dark out by 4:30 :roll:

Brando19
11-03-2007, 09:13 PM
YAY....an extra hour of sleep! BUT....I have to wait one more hour for the Packers game now! CRAP!

packinpatland
11-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Fall BACK! What was I thinking??? :roll:

BF4MVP
11-03-2007, 10:18 PM
It should stay daylight savings the whole year..I like it when it gets dark later..

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2007, 10:35 PM
It should stay daylight savings the whole year..I like it when it gets dark later..

I'm a great advocate for sidereal time. sidereal time means it is noon when the sun is directly over your head. I like it, its real and natural. I think our bodies would like it, and our "daytime" would always be centered around maximum sunlight.

Saudi Arabia was the last country to use sidereal time. Guess they were big on sundials. Of course it would cause much confusion at first, but I think people would adjust to it. For vital-issues like TV schedules, they could agree to use New York City time or something.