PDA

View Full Version : way to go chuck woodson!!

gbgary
11-04-2007, 03:17 PM
after being picked-on all game long.....you slam the door on em'.

gbpackfan
11-04-2007, 03:24 PM
That pass int. call was a joke. I'm sorry, but those calls are getting absurd. Not just on the Packers, other teams get BS pass. int. calls against them all the time too. Being a CB is a tough, tough job!

Cheesehead Craig
11-04-2007, 03:35 PM
He made the big plays when it mattered to win the game. First the punt return, then the INT.

As my old Kendo teacher once said: "Let them cut your flesh, but you cut through their bone"

They kept cutting him, but he dealt them a finishing blow.

b bulldog
11-04-2007, 04:53 PM
UM playa!!!

MadtownPacker
11-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Nice way to finish them off by Woodson. He should have had 2 TDs.

Charles Woodson
11-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Thank you, thank you 8-)

FritzDontBlitz
11-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Money well spent.

An extra kudo to Al Harris for bumping Webb just enough to make the completion to Webb an incomplete pass after further review. The assistant who ran after M3 to get him to throw the flag deserves a raise.

]{ilr]3
11-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Money well spent.

An extra kudo to Al Harris for bumping Webb just enough to make the completion to Webb an incomplete pass after further review. The assistant who ran after M3 to get him to throw the flag deserves a raise.

I was stressing when I saw that! :shock: :shock: I thought for sure the flag was already on the field and then to see him not even concidering it :shock: :shock:

I was already ticked at the refs at that point. Then when you see that ref right there 10 yards from the play and in front of it :evil: How the hell did he not see that he was out!!

4and12to12and4
11-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Chuck and Aaron are the best two defenders on the team by far, with Barnett and Hawk right behind them. Nice pick for Hawk today too, that was great, by the way, AJ was outstanding in coverage today. He made some very nice plays.

MadtownPacker
11-04-2007, 10:46 PM
{ilr]3]
Money well spent.

I was stressing when I saw that! :shock: :shock: I thought for sure the flag was already on the field and then to see him not even concidering it :shock: :shock:

I was already ticked at the refs at that point. Then when you see that ref right there 10 yards from the play and in front of it :evil: How the hell did he not see that he was out!!Haha, I can't read lips but I could see the dude was shouting "CHALLENGE IT!!!" and M3 couldn't get the damn flag out and starts looking for ref. Luckily the chiefs didnt seem to be in much of a hurry.

3irty1
11-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Money well spent.

Exactly what I shouted. Can we get an ID on that clipboard guy? He probobly saved the game for us.

HarveyWallbangers
11-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Chuck and Aaron are the best two defenders on the team by far, with Barnett and Hawk right behind them. Nice pick for Hawk today too, that was great, by the way, AJ was outstanding in coverage today. He made some very nice plays.

Ever heard of Al Harris?

I like Hawk, but right now the top 5 guys on our defense are Kampman, Harris, Woodson, Barnett, and Pickett. I think you'll see plays come to Hawk now. They usually come in bunches, and they did last year for him.

Guiness
11-05-2007, 06:20 AM
Woodson made the highlight reel (probably twice, once for the INT, once for that dodgy interference call) but although we didn't see Harris, he must've been stellar.

While Woodson's name was getting heard all night, Harris must've had amazing coverage. He had two tackles - one was on Holmes on a running play, the other was against Gonzalez. The full play-by-play doesn't even list his name as having coverage on incompletions!

CW's name, by contrast shows up five times...I know CW's acknowledged it many times, and he's right. Al playing so well has made him look better.

And to think many of us were down on AH after last week...

4and12to12and4
11-05-2007, 08:05 AM

Ever heard of Al Harris?

I like Hawk, but right now the top 5 guys on our defense are Kampman, Harris, Woodson, Barnett, and Pickett. I think you'll see plays come to Hawk now. They usually come in bunches, and they did last year for him.

I stand corrected. I was buzzing pretty good by the time I wrote that post. Good call. :glug:

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Woodson made the highlight reel (probably twice, once for the INT, once for that dodgy interference call) but although we didn't see Harris, he must've been stellar.

While Woodson's name was getting heard all night, Harris must've had amazing coverage. He had two tackles - one was on Holmes on a running play, the other was against Gonzalez. The full play-by-play doesn't even list his name as having coverage on incompletions!

CW's name, by contrast shows up five times...I know CW's acknowledged it many times, and he's right. Al playing so well has made him look better.

I like both guys. It must be noted that Al isn't tackling right now (whether it's his back or not), and it's hurt us at times. Al provides better coverage, Chuck makes more plays and tackles better.

LL2
11-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Woodson was on his way to being the Bigby player of the week, but totally redeemed himself.

rpiotr01
11-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I like both guys. It must be noted that Al isn't tackling right now (whether it's his back or not), and it's hurt us at times. Al provides better coverage, Chuck makes more plays and tackles better.

Al is hurting right now way more than anyone is letting on. It's his back. He can't be as physical as he's used to, which is why he's not tackling as hard as usual and not pressing his man as hard as he's used to. He's playing a little more off, a little softer, and it's made him slightly less effective. Which is saying a lot, considering he's still one of the best cover corners out there and he's by no means having a bad season, just not up to his standard.

cpk1994
11-05-2007, 10:39 AM

I like both guys. It must be noted that Al isn't tackling right now (whether it's his back or not), and it's hurt us at times. Al provides better coverage, Chuck makes more plays and tackles better. I wonder if his arm still bothers him?

gbgary
11-05-2007, 10:52 AM

i think al's arm (elbow) is still an issue. the al & chuck show is the best, imo. they're gonna get their penalties cuz they're the only ones playing man-to-man the entire game, every game.