PDA

View Full Version : Faine

Partial
04-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Patler Wrote:
Unless they are convinced Wells is the answer at center, or there is an ongoing injury concern about Faine, why would GB not be willing to give up a 4th round choice for Faine? After all, Faine:

- has started every game that he has been active for, from his first pro game as a rookie after winning the position in training camp.
- was a first round pick in 2003 (#21 overall).
- was a first team All-American.
- started three years at ND, and lead the lineman in minutes played for two years.
- was an unquestioned team leader.
- won ND's Pietrosante Award, given to the player who best exemplifies courage, loyalty, teamwork, dedication and pride.
- is just turning 25 years old.
- reportedly wants to play in Green Bay.

The ONLY issue related to Faine as a player might be injuries. He has ended all three season on injured reserve, missing the last 7 games of 2003 and the last 3 games in 2004 with ankle injuries, and the last 2 games in 2005 with a biceps injury.

This is not just a guy who plays center (like Ruegamer). Faine is a very talented player, and is young enough to be around for a long, long time. Centers get better as they mature with experience, and Faine is just entering his 4th year.

Patler also wrote:
He's not an upgrade over who, Wells? The Packers have no one else.

Wells still has a lot to prove, was not very good at guard and is unknown as a center. Couldn't even beat out an obviously gimpy Flanagan last year.

Faine has started every game he has been available for.

A lot of fourth rounders have made it big for the Packers? Oh? Which ones? The Packers fourth rounders have been:

2005 - Underwood, Poppinga
2004 - none
2003 - none
2002 - traded their own, Davenport with comp. pick
2001 - Bill Ferrario
2000 - Diggs (from SF), Anthony Lucas, Gary Berry (comp pick)
1999 - traded theirs, Brooks & Bidwell as comp. picks
1998 - Rosevelt Blackmon
1997 - Jermaine Smith
1996 - Chris Darkins
1995 - Jeff Miller
1994 - Gabe Wilkins
1993 - none
1992 - traded their own, Edgar Bennett (from SF)

Fifteen years, 15 playes and Bennett 15 years ago the only one that is memorable. Diggs contributed, but will not be a remembered Packer. The rest either never became much for GB, but did elsewhere (Bidwell, Brooks). or never became anything at all.

I think a proven center (IF he is healthy) is worth giving up the opportunity to draft another Wilkins, Miller, Darkins, Smith, Blackmon, Lucas, Berry, Ferrario, Davenport, Underwood or Poppinga, or even another Diggs, Bidwell or Brooks. I'll take my chances that they wouldn't have drafted another Edgar Bennett.

Partial Writes:
If we trade our 4th for him which I am in favor of, I say we trade down in the third to get another 4th. I really, really want us to take a chance on Brandon Williams and the 4th round is his!!!

If we trade Faine, it is extremely likely we will get three solid starters out of this draft. That sad, that would be the first draft since 1999 to do so. Hawk, Dqwell Jackson/Ryans/Carpenter, and Faines. And that is a worst case scenario!!

In the third, it is very, very possible they could add a quality starter as well since it is such a high pick.

Make the trade, thats a phenominal deal!!![/b]

digitaldean
04-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Trade the 4th and get Faine. He's not that big of a cap hit. He signed a 7 year deal after the Browns drafted him.

We can pick a guard in the 2nd or 3rd.

(Hawk, Mario [unlikely] or Davis in first, Marcedes Lewis, DeMeco Ryans or Jean-Gilles in second)

packrulz
04-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Partial, I agree TT should trade a 4th round pick for Faine but Williams is only 5'10", 180lbs and McCarthy already said they want bigger WR's, That's why they let Chatman go. But I do think Brandon will be a good pro player.

Patler
04-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Uh, I'm new, so maybe i'm cunfused, but who is Patler quoted in the first message? Is he a writer somewhere?

I haven't read all the topics here yet, so maybe its from somewhere else on here???

Partial
04-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Patler is a poster that we all know from back as JSO. He'll be around I'm sure. He is one of the best, most knowledgable posters you'll encounter. He is especially skilled at gathering stats to back up his claims. He has snoopy for an icon. He's a good guy!

SkinBasket
09-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Partial Writes:
If we trade our 4th for him which I am in favor of, I say we trade down in the third to get another 4th. I really, really want us to take a chance on Brandon Williams and the 4th round is his!!!

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/skinbasket/bwill.jpg

Partial
09-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't get your point.

SkinBasket
09-17-2009, 03:16 PM
That does not surprise me.

SkinBasket
09-17-2009, 03:20 PM
This guy is a moron. He is saying that Hawk will not be one of the best linebackers in the league.

BS.

Hawk will absolutely be a stud in the NFL. He is the next generation of Derek Brooks. I sincerely think he will be the best player out of this draft. He is just as big of a game changer as Davis, and I guarantee you teams will scheme their offense away from Mr. Hawk.

SkinBasket
09-17-2009, 03:31 PM
I take Hawk at 5 and don't think twice.

Best player in this draft. You'll all see.