PDA

View Full Version : Reminder

MJZiggy
05-10-2006, 02:02 PM
This weekend is Mothers Day so you not only need to send something to your mom, but remember to help your kids to do something nice for their moms too.

Thank you.

This message brought to you by the council for happy marriages.

Badgepack
05-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the reminder (not that I forgot) , but thats a nice thing to do.

MJZiggy
05-10-2006, 03:27 PM
You're welcome.

jack's smirking revenge
05-10-2006, 03:36 PM
BTW...

Happy Mom's Day MJ!

tyler

MJZiggy
05-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Why Thank You. :D

Little Whiskey
05-10-2006, 03:42 PM
BTW...

Happy Mom's Day MJ!

tyler

its sunday, you kiss ass!! :mrgreen:

jack's smirking revenge
05-10-2006, 03:48 PM
(*insert lips here*)

tyler

Deputy Nutz
05-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Now with two kids that day is going to be expensive.

My wife got real mad at me that I wouldn't give her anything before my first child was born. I said hey, no baby no presents. Baby came and I got my father's day gift that year!

Scott Campbell
05-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Now with two kids that day is going to be expensive.

My wife got real mad at me that I wouldn't give her anything before my first child was born. I said hey, no baby no presents. Baby came and I got my father's day gift that year!

Ever heard the saying "win the battle, but lose the war"? At some point you're likely to pay for that.

Oscar
05-11-2006, 02:03 PM
When it comes to mom's day, B-day's, Etc. I take a great deal of pride in being the best last minute shoper there is.. It's an art most of the dad's I know have perfected. :D I have four lil ones now so its gonna be a busy day here.

jack's smirking revenge
05-11-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm always a procrastinator, but I do it well. Even at Xmas I end up shopping days before the event.

I guess the bottom line is that I'm not about to get stressed by a holiday. Life is too freakin' short. Celebrate life and existence every single day--don't save it for a day that someone else decided you should.

tyler

Jimx29
05-11-2006, 06:23 PM
• This is for the mothers who have sat up all night with sick toddlers in their arms, wiping up barf laced with Oscar Mayer wieners and cherry Kool-Aid saying, "It's okay honey, Mommy's here."

• Who have sat in rocking chairs for hours on end soothing crying babies who can't be comforted.

• This is for all the mothers who show up at work with spit-up in their hair and milk stains on their blouses and diapers in their purse.

• For all the mothers who run carpools and make cookies and sew Halloween costumes. And all the mothers who DON'T.

• This is for the mothers who gave birth to babies they'll never see. And the mothers who took those babies and gave them homes.

• This is for the mothers whose priceless art collections are hanging on their refrigerator doors.

• And for all the mothers who froze their buns on metal bleachers at football or soccer games instead of watching from the warmth of their cars, so that when their kids asked, "Did you see me, Mom?" they could say, "Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for the world," and mean it.

• This is for all the mothers who yell at their kids in the grocery store and swat them in despair when they stomp their feet and scream for ice cream before dinner. And for all the mothers who count to ten instead.

• This is for all the mothers who sat down with their children and explained all about making babies. And for all the (grand)mothers who wanted to, but just couldn't find the words.

• This is for all the mothers who go hungry, so their children can eat.

• For all the mothers who read "Goodnight, Moon" twice a night for a year. And then read it again. "Just one more time."

• This is for all the mothers who taught their children to tie their shoelaces before they started school. And for all the mothers who opted for Velcro instead.

• This is for all the mothers who teach their sons to cook and their daughters to sink a jump shot.

• This is for every mother whose head turns automatically when a little voice calls "Mom?" in a crowd, even though they know their own offspring are at home -- or even away at college.

• This is for all the mothers who sent their kids to school with stomach aches assuring them they'd be just FINE once they got there, only to get calls from the school nurse an hour later asking them to please pick them up. Right away.

• This is for mothers whose children have gone astray, who can't find the words to reach them.

• This is for all the step-mothers who raised another woman's child or children, and gave their time, attention, and love... sometimes totally unappreciated!

• For all the mothers who bite their lips until they bleed when their 14 year olds dye their hair green.

• For all the mothers of the victims of recent school shootings, and the mothers of those who did the shooting.

• For the mothers of the survivors, and the mothers who sat in front of their TVs in horror, hugging their child who just came home from school, safely.

• This is for all the mothers who taught their children to be peaceful, and now pray they come home safely from a war.

What makes a good Mother anyway?

• Is it patience? Compassion? Broad hips?

• The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and sew a button on a shirt, all at the same time?

• Or is it in her heart?

• Is it the ache you feel when you watch your son or daughter disappear down the street, walking to school alone for the very first time?

• The jolt that takes you from sleep to dread, from bed tocrib at 2 A.M. to put your hand on the back of a sleeping baby?

• The panic, years later, that comes again at 2 A.M. when you just want to hear their key in the door and know they are safe again in your home?

• Or the need to flee from wherever you are and hug your child when you hear news of a fire, a car accident, a child dying?

• The emotions of motherhood are universal and so our thoughts are for young mothers stumbling through diaper changes and sleep deprivation...

• And mature mothers learning to let go

• For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers.

• Single mothers and married mothers.

• Mothers with money, mothers without.

This is for you all. For all of us. Hang in there. In the end we can only do the best we can. Tell them every day that we love them.

http://www9.incredimail.com/gcontent/ecards/mothers_day/happy_mothers_day_prev.jpg

Oscar
05-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Very nice read! Thanks :smile:

Little Whiskey
05-12-2006, 07:36 AM
I learned a very valuable lesson last night. don't give your 1 year old oreo's!! I got a phone call this morning about how they return!!! I guess it wasn't very nice.

damn now i will have to get her something real nice for mother's day

MJZiggy
05-12-2006, 07:42 AM
Just remember that if you give them M&Ms and something red appears in the diaper, DON"T panic. If you fail to make sure it's not just a red M&M that was dropped, your wife will make fun of you--at least in my house.

Little Whiskey
05-12-2006, 07:47 AM
thanks for the heads up zig. he hasn't had m&m's, YET

chain_gang
05-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the reminder. I tend to forget stuff like that. Just order some flowers to be sent to my mom on sunday. Thanks again.

Harlan Huckleby
05-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Mother's day is such a bother. I had my secretary send-off a card to mom this afternoon.

MJZiggy
05-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Nice Story. I wonder, sometimes though, what ever becomes of the people that receive these benefits. Is it truly the fresh start that people envision?

Dunn helps single moms own homes

By BRETT TROXLER
2theadvocate.com Staff
Published: May 13, 2006

From a report by News 2's Chelby Kosto

Debra Lewis was one of two single mothers who became a first-time homeowner on Friday thanks to Baton Rouge native and NFL player Warrick Dunn.

A pair of single moms realized a dream in Baton Rouge Friday, just in time for Mother's Day. Habitat for Humanity and the Warrick Dunn Foundation helped Debra Lewis and Tiffany Vessel become homeowners for the first time.

Habit for Humanity built the two homes right next door to each other, and the NFL's Dunn offered $5,000 for a down payment along with new furniture, appliances, televisions, computers and even fully stocked refrigerators -- for each home.

For Vessel, a working mother of three, the home is nothing less than a blessing.

"I fell in love with it, especially the computer, because I'm going to school, and I need one," she said. "And I was thinking how am I going to afford to buy one, and it's already there."

Dunn has been helping single mothers become homeowners since 1997.

"For me, it makes me feel inside, just elated," Dunn said. "I'm ecstatic, because I've changed someone's life."

Along with Baton Rouge, Dunn also helps single moms in Tampa Bay, where he played for the Buccaneers, and in Atlanta where he now plays for the Falcons. Dunn said his inspiration for his foundation came from his mother, Betty Smothers, a single mom and police officer who was killed in the line of duty.

MadtownPacker
05-13-2006, 06:40 PM
For Mother's Day:

Bretsky should buy his wife a bowling ball with his name on it like Homer Simpson did. Thats it.

Scott Campbell should have a gift exchange program between his wives which ends up with him spending $0 but still having more wives then all posters put together.

Nutz has to play it careful since he just had a son. He doesnt want to alientate momma until the boy has grown attached to him. Recomended strategy is get something small, simple, but instead of it being from Nutz it comes from lil Nutz. Big Poppa will be the man of the day.

SkinBasket should finished packing the shit he said he was packing. He knows he is a whupped lil bitch so he wont argue.

Murphy should go out back yard, find his bride and give her some mothers day loving. Once he is finished he should put her back with the other sheep.

Bretsky
05-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Mad,

Actually I think you'll be impressed with my mother's day gift; my wife stated she wanted a Menards gift certfificate so she can spend money on the house........which she'll spend anyways. So I bought the card.....but more importantly..................

the ironing is way behind and she keeps blaming the iron.

So I bought her a new iron too.

Cheers,
B

MJZiggy
05-13-2006, 07:15 PM
It's ok, B. We ALL know who's gonna be using that iron. Let us know next month when she lets you back into the bedroom to sleep on the floor. Think of it this way. At least you'll be in the same room... :mrgreen:

Bretsky
05-13-2006, 07:17 PM
It's ok, B. We ALL know who's gonna be using that iron. Let us know next month when she lets you back into the bedroom to sleep on the floor. Think of it this way. At least you'll be in the same room... :mrgreen:

Sorry Zig............I may wear formal stuff but I still have no idea how to use an iron nor do I care to learn. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :wink:

MadtownPacker
05-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Mad,

Actually I think you'll be impressed with my mother's day gift; my wife stated she wanted a Menards gift certfificate so she can spend money on the house........which she'll spend anyways. So I bought the card.....but more importantly..................

the ironing is way behind and she keeps blaming the iron.

So I bought her a new iron too.

Cheers,
BYoure on your way man!!!!

MJZiggy
05-13-2006, 07:24 PM
So, Mad, B'll be crashing at your place when his wife kicks him out tomorrow?

MadtownPacker
05-13-2006, 07:29 PM
So, Mad, B'll be crashing at your place when his wife kicks him out tomorrow?
Good!!! Then he can come kick it over here. Get him hook up with some freakyhoes.

MJZiggy
05-13-2006, 07:37 PM
That'll help him make boys when he gets herpes and his wife never goes near him again.

Bretsky
05-14-2006, 10:45 PM
That'll help him make boys when he gets herpes and his wife never goes near him again.

Wife thought the Iron was thoughtful, and liked the Menards Gift Certficate.

All is well in the House of Grail.

B