PDA

View Full Version : Favre apologists

b bulldog
11-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Brett played well once again, his second half performance was awesome. He has some very special WR's to throw to but his second half p-erformance was awe inspiring. Our D looked HAS LOOKED better and it was nice to see Hawk's name being mentioned. He did very well in coverage today although I still think he isn't real good at the line of scrimmage and 84 shouldn't stone him on that screen to Johnson but he is what he is. Brett is looking very good and hopefully he can keep it up. Question, on 3rd and 1, the D's DT's are lined up on our G's, why doesn't Brett tap the C on the butt and do a QB sneak???I guarantee that would have gotten us the first down. Collins still has hands of steal and Colledge is fast becoming my least favorite Packer. 7-1, that is awesome! Thought the Favre apologists title would get everyone to read my thread :wink:

fan4life
11-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Favre's game: it's not how many mistakes you make, its how many plays you make.

Keep firing, man!

Zool
11-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Brett played well once again, his second half performance was awesome. He has some very special WR's to throw to but his second half p-erformance was awe inspiring. Our D looked HAS LOOKED better and it was nice to see Hawk's name being mentioned. He did very well in coverage today although I still think he isn't real good at the line of scrimmage and 84 shouldn't stone him on that screen to Johnson but he is what he is. Brett is looking very good and hopefully he can keep it up. Question, on 3rd and 1, the D's DT's are lined up on our G's, why doesn't Brett tap the C on the butt and do a QB sneak???I guarantee that would have gotten us the first down. Collins still has hands of steal and Colledge is fast becoming my least favorite Packer. 7-1, that is awesome! Thought the Favre apologists title would get everyone to read my thread :wink:

If the D line is in a stunt, he's gonna get hit in the mouth thats why.

b bulldog
11-04-2007, 07:09 PM
That is a if but when you only need one yard, the QB should pat the C on the butt and drive forward. Brady is not mobile at all but he does this very often.

Bretsky
11-04-2007, 08:05 PM

Kind of funny; when I read the title I decided to ignore the thread until now.

QB sneak ? One stunt and Colledge gets bulldozed and Favre is stopped short. I'm not sure I'd call that if I was him. Maybe back in the Wahle Rivera days, but not sure about now

4and12to12and4
11-04-2007, 08:12 PM
I agree about Collins, he has horrible hands, he will never have a bunch of pics, and I really don't see anything in his game that makes me think he should be around much longer. He's very average, and I don't like him. We need to replace him, and Bigby, I hope he can improve in his coverage, because if he can, he can be another Sanders. Big if. After Harris and Chuck, our DB situation should be addressed first and foremost this offseason unless there is a stud running back to get, we also need to shore up the offensive line, some of these guys just aren't talented enough, and we need to make some changes. Even at tackle. They are just too old.

But, hey, we are dispite all this 7-1, let's party dude, what a friggin' season, in my wildest dreams I would've never imagined this. We are damn near in the playoffs already unless we just drop off the bottom of the earth the rest of the season, and our schedule is for the most part very good for us. I'm stoked!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
11-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Collins played well for the last 2 1/2 games--until he went out. I haven't read any updates yet. Still catching up on today's events. I hope it's not too serious--because I'm not ready to start the Aaron Rouse era.