PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Casserly to resign as Texans GM

No Mo Moss
05-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Charlie Casserly is holding a press conference today in which he will most likely step down.

This is a really strange situation for a GM to step down. There is no way this is related to the Mario signing as from what I;ve heard it wasn't even his call.

If you asked me I'd say Charlie Casserly will be the next commisioner of the NFL and that is why he's stepping down. I can't possibly think of another reason.

pbmax
05-10-2006, 04:02 PM
profootballtalk.com has this as involuntary. He is rumored to be up for Art Shell's former gig as Director of Football Operations, but there is a counter rumor that he is behind the initial rumor.

I would say more than Bush, Casserly is out because of the horrible record, even by new franchise standards. Not quite hte Buccaneers yet, but way too close.

MJZiggy
05-10-2006, 04:14 PM
If he were getting booted for their admittedly horrible record, why would they wait 'til now and not dump him back in January?

No Mo Moss
05-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Yeah it seems really wierd that this wouldn't have happened before the draft. From what I've heard he's very respecte throughout the league. Maybe commisioner is a stretch, but I think it's a possibility.