PDA

View Full Version : Collins and Williams injury report???

BlueBrewer
11-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Has anyone read anything on these two?

Zool
11-05-2007, 09:30 AM
MRI's today will tell more. Right now both are saying not season ending.

BlueBrewer
11-05-2007, 09:35 AM
MRI's today will tell more. Right now both are saying not season ending.

Good, thanks!

GoPackGo
11-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Who was filling in for Collins? I didn't even notice.
Is it just me or has Collins dropped every possible INT thrown his way this year?

Zool
11-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Who was filling in for Collins? I didn't even notice.
Is it just me or has Collins dropped every possible INT thrown his way this year?

Rouse and yes. He's still eating buttered popcorn on the sidelines.

MJZiggy
11-05-2007, 10:03 AM
He's still eating buttered popcorn on the sidelines.

Better popcorn than toast...

BlueBrewer
11-05-2007, 10:11 AM
They didn't try to exlpoit Rouse but I bet the Queens do with a week to gameplan.

BallHawk
11-05-2007, 11:25 AM
They didn't try to exlpoit Rouse but I bet the Queens do with a week to gameplan.

Lucky for them they have talented QBs that can exploit a young rookie like Rouse.

:D

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2007, 11:40 AM

not just this year. Collins is the Ben Steele of the secondary.

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Notes: Injury may sit Collins
His knee is bent back during tackle
By GREG A. BEDARD and TOM SILVERSTEIN

Kansas City, Mo. - The Green Bay Packers played most of the second half of Sunday's 33-22 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs without starting free safety Nick Collins. And he might be missing for some time.

Collins suffered a left knee injury when he tackled receiver Samie Parker with 10:26 left in the third quarter. Collins' knee was bent back at a severe angle as he made the tackle.

While a definitive diagnosis won't be made until an MRI is done today, Collins had pain all around the side of the knee and could have a medial collateral ligament tear or some cartilage damage. Collins made no mention of the possibility it was a season-ending anterior cruciate ligament injury, but the scan will show the whole picture.

"My gut says I'm going to be out there next Sunday," Collins said. "That's how I'm going to go about looking at it going into the MRI."

While Collins might have been voicing words of optimism, his body language told a different story. So did the fact that he couldn't bend his knee after the game and that he needed the aid of crutches. Collins even told the trainers he knew he couldn't return to the game.

"I told them I'm done," Collins said. "I didn't want to take a risk."

With Collins out, Aaron Rouse, the team's third-round pick out of Virginia Tech, got his second action of the season on defense.

Rouse, who played a few snaps against the Minnesota Vikings at both safety spots, finished with three tackles and also made his debut as a linebacker in goal-line situations.

"Once he settled in, I thought he did a nice job," said defensive coordinator Bob Sanders.

Sanders also lost defensive tackle Corey Williams in the second half with an injury to his left knee but said he'll be back in short order.

"I could have went back in the game," said Williams, who still led the Packers in tackles (six) and tied Kabeer Gbaja-Biamilia with two sacks. "They were just being extra cautious. I got hit from the side, just kind of tweaked it a little bit. It isn't anything serious."

Joemailman
11-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Injury update: Collins out at least two weeks
Free safety Nick Collins will miss "at least a couple weeks" with a strained ligament in his left knee, coach Mike McCarthy said today.

Admitting coaches feared the worst when Collins' leg bent awkwardly on a tackle in Sunday's win at Kansas City, McCarthy indicated the injury is not as serious as initially believed and said Collins will not need surgery.

Rookie third-round draft pick Aaron Rouse will start in Collins' place.

"It's his opportunity," McCarthy said of Rouse. "I have no concerns about him."

* RB Ryan Grant did suffer a concussion. He'll undergo testing throughout the week to gauge the speed of his recovery.
* DT Corey Williams' right knee injury is not believed to be serious, according to McCarthy, though tests were not completed when the coach addressed the media.
* DT Ryan Pickett's knee continues to bother him, but McCarthy said he believes Pickett will be ready for Sunday's game against Minnesota.
* TE Bubba Franks (knee) still is "a couple weeks" from returning to action.
* LB Tracy White has a sprained ankle.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

hurleyfan
11-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Latest update on ESPN, Collins out indefinetly :(

FritzDontBlitz
11-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Injury update: Collins out at least two weeks
Free safety Nick Collins will miss "at least a couple weeks" with a strained ligament in his left knee, coach Mike McCarthy said today.

Admitting coaches feared the worst when Collins' leg bent awkwardly on a tackle in Sunday's win at Kansas City, McCarthy indicated the injury is not as serious as initially believed and said Collins will not need surgery.

Rookie third-round draft pick Aaron Rouse will start in Collins' place.

"It's his opportunity," McCarthy said of Rouse. "I have no concerns about him."

* RB Ryan Grant did suffer a concussion. He'll undergo testing throughout the week to gauge the speed of his recovery.
* DT Corey Williams' right knee injury is not believed to be serious, according to McCarthy, though tests were not completed when the coach addressed the media.
* DT Ryan Pickett's knee continues to bother him, but McCarthy said he believes Pickett will be ready for Sunday's game against Minnesota.
* TE Bubba Franks (knee) still is "a couple weeks" from returning to action.
* LB Tracy White has a sprained ankle.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

Thanks. I was wondering why Grant didnt finish the game at running back.

I am not optimistic about Collins' injury, his knee and lower leg got twisted pretty badly as he landed on it.

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2007, 04:38 PM
How many people are sad to see Rouse play? Show of hands.

I'm glad Collins is not seriously hurt. And I'm glad Rouse is getting some playing time.

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2007, 04:49 PM
RB Ryan Grant did suffer a concussion.

What a wuss. Guy has no heart. :lol:

Truth be told, every running back gets the snot knocked out of them. Those guys are hurt all the time.

I get ticked at the people who smugly say Wynn had no heart based on his injuries. Jackson, Grant and Morency have been just as injury prone. Its the nature of the position. In many cases where fans jump on the "so and so is a pussy" bandwagon, the player ends up having a decent career.

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2007, 05:10 PM

I'd rather have Collins in there, and Wynn is a wuss.

OS PA
11-05-2007, 05:22 PM

I'd rather have Collins in there, and Wynn is a wuss.

I'm glad to see Rouse out there this week, because we'll have two in the box safeties against the best running team in the league, who could ask for more? The only thing I'm worried about is biting on the play-action fake, but I'm sure McCarthy will grill that hard this weekend.

Bretsky
11-05-2007, 05:38 PM

I'm glad Collins is not seriously hurt. And I'm glad Rouse is getting some playing time.

We'll miss Collins in coverage, more than his detractors thing IMO

No Hand from me

Bretsky
11-05-2007, 05:39 PM
RB Ryan Grant did suffer a concussion.

What a wuss. Guy has no heart. :lol:

Truth be told, every running back gets the snot knocked out of them. Those guys are hurt all the time.

I get ticked at the people who smugly say Wynn had no heart based on his injuries. Jackson, Grant and Morency have been just as injury prone. Its the nature of the position. In many cases where fans jump on the "so and so is a pussy" bandwagon, the player ends up having a decent career.

HH is a Wynn whino :lol:

Wynn is a wuss

Rastak
11-05-2007, 05:48 PM

No Hand from me

If Jackson starts I wouldn't worry about it for at least this week.

Carolina_Packer
11-05-2007, 06:12 PM

No Hand from me

Is that because it doesn't matter who we run against the Viking front 7?

gbpackfan
11-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Since Collins is going to miss some time, this is a good two week stretch for it to happen in. Both the Vikings and Panthers have terrible passing attacks. However, Collins was able to run down A. Peterson from behind a couple of times in the first game and we will miss his speed if (when) AP gets into the secondary. Rouse isnt going to catch AP. But let's see what he can do.

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2007, 06:19 PM

No Hand from me

I'd agree. It might even be beneficial. Jackson and Morency have shown better hands than Grant (although he hasn't had many opportunities) and Wynn before that. I'm a little worried about Jackson's pass blocking though.

Rastak
11-05-2007, 06:33 PM

No Hand from me

Is that because it doesn't matter who we run against the Viking front 7?

Too many Jacksons. I meant if Tarvaris Jackson starts at QB. He just can't seem to hit guys deep with any sort of consistency. He did hit Williamson once on a 60 yarder but he's missed about 5 wide open guys deep. Bollinger looked better so we'll see. The Vikings do have a bit of speed, Shiancoe is pretty fast for a TE and Williamson is very fast. He (Williamson) seems to have trouble tracking the ball though. Rice isn't real fast but is great at adjusting to the ball which could cause GB some problems.

Brando19
11-05-2007, 07:44 PM
I started a thread about a week ago on Rouse...now he's getting his shot. SWEET!!!! Collins is good...but he is injured in every game. It's time Rouse steps up and proves he can be our starting safety.

hoosier
11-05-2007, 07:53 PM

Is he even a possibility? I thought he was definitely out and Bollinger in. Would much prefer Jackson though.

Bossman641
11-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't know why people are so high on Rouse. Yea, Collins misses some INT's but he doesn't make too many errors and has been pretty solid this season. IMO the drop from Collins to Rouse is huge.

Rastak
11-05-2007, 08:01 PM

Is he even a possibility? I thought he was definitely out and Bollinger in. Would much prefer Jackson though.

Not sure Hoosier. The dude was knocked unconcious for 2 minutes after a double knee to the head. I sure wouldn't play him, and for two reasons.

1) I'd hate to see the kid have a serious injury.
2) He isn't getting it done.

hoosier
11-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Not sure Hoosier. The dude was knocked unconcious for 2 minutes after a double knee to the head. I sure wouldn't play him, and for two reasons.

In light of all the attention to concussions this year I would think sitting him for a long while would be a no brainer, so to speak. But then again, Kitna sure didn't let all the post-concussion syndrome talk get in his way.

Seriously, if Childress has any sense at all he'll use this injury as a chance to let Jackson sit, decompress and learn. Who knows, maybe Bollinger can manage the Vikes to a wild card.

Rastak
11-05-2007, 08:38 PM

In light of all the attention to concussions this year I would think sitting him for a long while would be a no brainer, so to speak. But then again, Kitna sure didn't let all the post-concussion syndrome talk get in his way.

Seriously, if Childress has any sense at all he'll use this injury as a chance to let Jackson sit, decompress and learn. Who knows, maybe Bollinger can manage the Vikes to a wild card.

Unlikely after the hole they have dug themselves. Honestly, I really don't understand why he's hitched his wagon to the guy. I don't mind they drafted Jackson but I would have thought they'd grab him in round three. I've heard other teams would have grabbed him before that but I'm not convinced. Bollinger looked bad in preseason and looked decent in his regular season games. I'd start him over either of the other guys, even if they were healthy at this point.

As a side note, what a brutal two weeks of QB injuries. Holcomb is lucky he didn't get his friggen neck broken. That was a nasty hit. Jackson was knocked cold and when he did come to he was hyperventilating. That had to be some scary stuff for both the player and the guys trying to treat him.