PDA

View Full Version : Surprise 2nd half teams

Cheesehead Craig
11-05-2007, 10:40 AM
What team do you fellow Rats out there think will have a surprising 2nd half?

To me, it's the Vikes. They may not have a QB or WR corps, but Peterson and that D can win a game at any time. I can see them going 5-3 or even 6-2 in the second half of the season.

The Leaper
11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
The Vikings are certainly a contender. Peterson is a monster, and he's got a pretty good OL in front of him. Perhaps McNabb goes to Minnesota instead of Chicago next year?

I think the Giants will surprise in the 2nd half...in a negative way. They've loaded up on a cupcake schedule so far. It gets harder from here.

DAL
@DET
MIN
@CHI
@PHI
WAS
@BUF
NE

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Giants finish 2-6 in the second half...although I think 3-5 is more likely.

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I'll wait until after this week before deciding to jump on the Vikings bandwagon. Peterson torched the Bears, and then they laid an egg against the Eagles. Their QB situation is still putrid.

Of the teams that are .500 or worse, I only see four that I even remotely like to rebound. By far, the #1 team would be New Orleans. Then, I could see San Diego, Arizona (weak schedule and decent talent) and Minnesota in the mix. Philadelphia's schedule is brutal, and I don't see a rebound. I wouldn't be surprised if San Diego continues to struggle. They have a brutal schedule also--including Indianapolis, Jacksonville (if Garrard is back), and Baltimore in their next 3 games. They have a ton of talent though.

Rastak
11-05-2007, 11:07 AM
I'll wait until after this week before deciding to jump on the Vikings bandwagon. Peterson torched the Bears, and then they laid an egg against the Eagles. Their QB situation is still putrid.

Of the teams that are .500 or worse, I only see four that I even remotely like to rebound. By far, the #1 team would be New Orleans. Then, I could see San Diego, Arizona (weak schedule and decent talent) and Minnesota in the mix. Philadelphia's schedule is brutal, and I don't see a rebound. I wouldn't be surprised if San Diego continues to struggle. They have a brutal schedule also--including Indianapolis, Jacksonville (if Garrard is back), and Baltimore in their next 3 games. They have a ton of talent though.

He led all rushers in that game with 70 yards and had a 25 yard carry called back. He had more yards than Philly's game total. That's hardly laying an egg. I totally agree on your second point and I'll add another one. Chilly is a big question mark as well.

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2007, 11:12 AM
He led all rushers in that game with 70 yards and had a 25 yard carry called back. He had more yards than Philly's game total. That's hardly laying an egg. I totally agree on your second point and I'll add another one. Chilly is a big question mark as well.

Where did I say "he"? I said "they"? That means the team. They played poorly, and deserved to lose that home game.

Rastak
11-05-2007, 11:13 AM

Where did I say "he"? I said "they"? That means the team. They played poorly, and deserved to lose that home game.

Opps....my bad. I thought you said "he". :oops:

GBRulz
11-05-2007, 11:42 AM

To me, it's the Vikes. They may not have a QB or WR corps, but Peterson and that D can win a game at any time. I can see them going 5-3 or even 6-2 in the second half of the season.

I will have to go with New Orleans in the NFC and for the AFC I'd say Cleveland

Bossman641
11-05-2007, 11:47 AM
The Saints

0-4 to 4-4. Their OL has been playing much better, and Brees is back to the QB I expected him to be.

STL
@ HOU
@ CAR
TB
@ATL
ARZ
PHI
@CHI

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go 6-2 or better the rest of the way.

Zool
11-05-2007, 11:48 AM

I will have to go with New Orleans in the NFC and for the AFC I'd say Cleveland

Cleveland is a team that could very well win their division. They still have 5 roadies left, but 3 are extremely winnable for them. If Pittsburgh loses tonight, they are tied for the division. Sorry Brady Quinn. You waited on draft day and now it looks like you will be waiting at least another season to get a starting shot. Anderson will be RFA at the end of the year and if he keeps winning games, he'll at least get tendered.

@ Pittsburgh
@ Baltimore
Houston
@ Arizona
@ NY Jets
Buffalo
@ Cincinnati
San Francisco

Brohm
11-05-2007, 11:54 AM
As an aside, if Cleveland wins their division, the trade they proposed would have really kicked us in the gibbers.

LL2
11-05-2007, 03:11 PM
You'd think the Chargers would be a 2nd half team but the lost to the Vikes yesterday. I'll go with the Saints. Drew Brees is starting to light it up again.

BallHawk
11-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Baltimore in the AFC, Tampa in the NFC.

Lurker64
11-05-2007, 05:11 PM
As an aside, if Cleveland wins their division, the trade they proposed would have really kicked us in the gibbers.

Cleveland's unexpected resurgence is the reason the trade TT was offered is a gamble at best and a poor deal at worst. Since it's the Cowboys holding that pick I, for one, hope the Browns go undefeated until the superbowl.

the_idle_threat
11-05-2007, 08:50 PM

Cleveland's unexpected resurgence is the reason the trade TT was offered is a gamble at best and a poor deal at worst. Since it's the Cowboys holding that pick I, for one, hope the Browns go undefeated until the superbowl.

That would be outstanding for many reasons!

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Interesting stat: in the last 7 weeks, the Packers have as many victories (5) as every team in the NFL West combined. The Packers have gone 5-1 and had a bye, Seattle has 3 victories, Arizona has 2 victories, St. Louis and San Francisco have 0 victories.

Bossman641
11-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Interesting stat: in the last 7 weeks, the Packers have as many victories (5) as every team in the NFL West combined. The Packers have gone 5-1 and had a bye, Seattle has 3 victories, Arizona has 2 victories, St. Louis and San Francisco have 0 victories.

Speaking of the 49ers, how big of a disappointment have they been this year. They dropped all that cash in the offseason, were the hot pick for the playoffs, and haven't done shit.

I'm not saying this totally vindicates TT's approach, but this happens every year.

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm not saying this totally vindicates TT's approach, but this happens every year.

Agreed. More times than not--unless you are New England. They have the core players and the rings, so they can often attract FA at less than market value also.

San Fran is 2-6, and their two wins were extremely ugly. Actually, I think their problems stem more from a lot of their second and third year players (Alex Smith, Vernon Davis, Justin Smiley, etc.) not progressing like they thought. Everybody thought Darrell Jackson was a steal, but it's now apparent why Seattle was willing to trade him to a division opponent for a midround pick. He's milktoast after all of the injuries.

mmmdk
11-06-2007, 03:25 AM
These probably won't make the playoffs but Minnesota & Buffalo can beat anyone...sans Patsies I guess. Both will be dangerous spoilers in the second half.