PDA

View Full Version : Winner and Losers Week 9

MJZiggy
11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
By Nutz

A good quarterback, defense, and a kicker will go a long way for any team. The Packers had to deal with a short week and with playing on the road two weeks in a row against AFC West teams.

This week, the Packers had a to face... read about it (www.packerrats.com)[/url]

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Good job.

Bretsky
11-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Yes, great article; hell of a lot better than the yahoo who use to write these articles last year !

Deputy Nutz
11-05-2007, 09:45 PM
don't be so hard on the guy, he had it dumped in his lap.

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Bulldog is going to be pissed that Favre and Hawk are both on the winner's list.

Deputy Nutz
11-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Bulldog is going to be pissed that Favre and Hawk are both on the winner's list.

Probably, but you know what, I stand by my explanation of AJ Hawk.

Bretsky
11-05-2007, 10:24 PM

:bclap:

The Leaper
11-06-2007, 12:22 PM
I enjoyed the fat block Jolly laid down on Woodson's INT. I think he took out Priest Holmes and put him flat on his ass, and it helped release Woodson for the TD return. That should've gotten a line in his WINNER writeup.

MJZiggy
11-06-2007, 12:27 PM
I can only wonder if we hadn't pulled out the win if there'd be more folks listed as losers...

Bretsky
11-06-2007, 05:23 PM
I can only wonder if we hadn't pulled out the win if there'd be more folks listed as losers...

If you wonder about that clearly you have way too much time

MadtownPacker
11-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Some good stuff on the Winners side but you went easy on the losers side. Poppinga was on Gonzalez a few of those times.

Deputy Nutz
11-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Some good stuff on the Winners side but you went easy on the losers side. Poppinga was on Gonzalez a few of those times.

I expect Gonzalez to beat Poppinga, and Poppinga did give up some of the shorter routes, but Bigby was the one at fault on the deeper routes. Woodson was also messed up a bit by Gonzalez

retailguy
11-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Good job.

Yes, very good job. I read it on another web site earlier this afternoon too... Who knew that nutz moonlighted as tophat... :P :shock: :wink: :oops:

PS - I'M KIDDING.... :twisted:

FritzDontBlitz
11-07-2007, 03:36 PM
With all the blown coverages against KC they only ended up with 234 yards through the air. I can live with that, I just can't live with the 4th quarter breakdowns that almost cost Green Bay the game. Imagine the stats they'd have if they could have stopped even one of those late drives....

4and12to12and4
11-08-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm very weary of our pass defense without Collins back there. Safety is the hardest position for us fans to know who is doing well or not unless you go to all the games, because they are usually not even in sight on TV until the ball comes their way. And if it doesn't come their way it doesn't assure us that they've got their guy covered, the QB may not see them due to pressure or lack of vision, etc. What I have seen of Bigby in coverage does not impress me. He is a fierce and sure tackler, but he seems to be missing his assignments and can be juked on. I don't know whether it's a lack of quickness and/or instinct or just that he's a rookie, but now we are getting into an area I think we are weak in on defense, maybe our only weakness, backup DB's. I hope these young guys communicate well, or we could see some of the same kind of plays we were seeing in '05 and the first half of '06. We will definitely need to keep pressure on the QB and may have to put in some exotic blitzes and disguises to avoid potential big plays.