PDA

View Full Version : Favre on Larry McCarren

GBRulz
11-05-2007, 07:19 PM
For those of you who live locally, you are probably familiar with Larry McCarrens weekly show "Larry's Locker Room Live". Well, tonight's special guest was Brett. Tickets are free but on a first come, first serve basis. So, I went over to the stadium (they tape inside the atrium) and at 3:00 today, the tickets were already gone. Don't people have a life? :wink:

Anyhow, the show was just on TV and he talked about something that, IMO, made us SB champions in '96....the team had chemistry. he admit that he didn't have alot in common with the younger guys, but he's never seen guys get along so well and have a good time. There is constant laughter in the locker room. They talked about alot of the same ol, same ol, but the audience got to ask a couple questions and this one girl asked what he majored in when he went to college. DUH, stupid girl He said he would have been a special ed teacher and a high school coach, but went on to say that he himself was never in Special Ed. It was hiliarious...guess you had to see it.

Another question was "Would you ever coach in the NFL" and he immediately said no. No way. Says they have to put in too many hours and he has no desire to do that. Coaching HS football is something he would like to do though.

Today he went hunting and said he almost blew out of a tree. It was really windy here today.

Also talked in detail about the long pass to jennings.... talked alot about Deanna's new book also.

It was all going really well until Larry brought up the R word. The audience started to boo and he kinda rephrased the question into a statement saying he hopes to see him back on the show next year and if not, thanks for the memories.

Guess that's all... wfrv.com will have some video clips posted on it later if you want to see the show.

ND72
11-05-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm from the area, and my girlfriend is still in school in Oshkosh, so I saw the ad for Favre. Unfortunately, I live about 20 minutes west of the dividing line of Green Bay stations, and Madison stations....So I missed it. Should have had my girlfriend tape it..DER.

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2007, 07:27 PM
did he toss his underwear out to the crowd?

MJZiggy
11-05-2007, 07:35 PM
I'd think the underwear tossing would have gone the other way.

Rastak
11-05-2007, 07:36 PM

1 point for Ziggy.....

the_idle_threat
11-05-2007, 08:29 PM
What ... you mean Larry tossing his underwear to the crowd? :?:

:twisted:

MJZiggy
11-05-2007, 08:38 PM
There are things in this life I wanna see. That ain't one of 'em.

PlantPage55
11-05-2007, 08:38 PM

He can get some great air with the elastic strip, what with his finger being bent like that.

RashanGary
11-05-2007, 08:45 PM

He can get some great air with the elastic strip, what with his finger being bent like that.

Not funny :)

ND72
11-05-2007, 08:47 PM
I just threw up in my mouth.

oregonpackfan
11-05-2007, 09:14 PM
:twisted:[/quote]

He can get some great air with the elastic strip, what with his finger being bent like that.[/quote]

When I was in Wisconsin for the PR game, my sister played the McCarren show she recorded. At one segment, she pointed out McCarren's badly mangled little finger. I had to cringe just at the sight of it! :oops:

Shouldn't he be able to afford an orthopedic surgeon to correct that finger?

MJZiggy
11-05-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm sure he could, but he seems to be very proud of it. Wears it like a badge of honor. There was one time I saw him when he had someone in the booth and they were comparing the fingers that didn't point in the right direction...

]{ilr]3
11-05-2007, 09:24 PM
For those of you who live locally,

So, I went over to the stadium (they tape inside the atrium) and at 3:00 today, the tickets were already gone. Don't people have a life? :wink:

Wow! That would have been fun to have been there. To bad you did get to go.

You are Definantly Closer to Lambeau than me! :bow:

green_bowl_packer
11-05-2007, 09:33 PM

Damn near close. When they introduced him the women in the crowd sent the place up for grabs!!! It was like American Bandstand!

http://www.wfrv.com/content/sports/lockerroom/story.aspx?content_id=FCC11702-35FF-4B9B-8CD0-B46D5199F7FC

MJZiggy
11-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I swear I saw some granny panties swingin around there when he came in. Idle, settle yourself.

Iron Mike
11-06-2007, 08:09 AM
In the future, could you all refer to him as Larry "The Rock" McCarren?

http://www.wfrv.com/content/news/bios/story.aspx?content_id=28c3ceb3-a2d1-4e9d-ae56-06d10653074d

Noodle
11-06-2007, 09:38 AM
[quote="Iron Mike"]In the future, could you all refer to him as Larry "The Rock" McCarren?

Word.

Dude gets my total respect. Outstanding player, a true Black and Blue tough guy, and in my view a very good color analyst during games.

Deputy Nutz
11-06-2007, 09:51 AM
My senior year in high school before he became one of the voices for the Packers Radio, he came and spoke to us at the All-State banquet. I couldn't take my eyes off his finger, it was hypnotizing.