PDA

View Full Version : Packer Rats - Copyright

Tyrone Bigguns
05-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Folks, I was over at the site that "none dare speak its name." Anyway, a poster was looking for writers for his site, believe it was packerpundits.com. Checked out the site, and quite a bit of it was lifted from posts from this site.

Specifically the Laura Quinn posts. Is the packerpundit part of this site? Is the material posted here subject to be used elsewhere?

Thought people might want to know that there postings are being used elsewhere, helping another site gain popularity.

BTW, this is my first thread, so be gentle. :cool:

esoxx
05-10-2006, 05:56 PM
I saw that thread TB. I found it odd that out of nowhere a poster complimented "Mr Blonde" for his "writing style" and invited him to be a guest writer at his packerpundits site. Since I feel Mr Blonde is the hacker, the whole situation appeared suspicious. Mr Blonde's manical rantings would not impress someone in that manner.

Now you report packerpundits lifting articles from here. Makes you wonder.

GoPackGo
05-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Folks, I was over at the site that "none dare speak its name." Anyway, a poster was looking for writers for his site, believe it was packerpundits.com. Checked out the site, and quite a bit of it was lifted from posts from this site.

Specifically the Laura Quinn posts. Is the packerpundit part of this site? Is the material posted here subject to be used elsewhere?

Thought people might want to know that there postings are being used elsewhere, helping another site gain popularity.

post a link to the site

billy_oliver880
05-10-2006, 06:25 PM

post a link to the site

Ya www.packerpundits.com brings up nothing.

No Mo Moss
05-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Let's buy it's rights and destroy it :evil:

Partial
05-10-2006, 06:28 PM
http://thepackerpundit.blogspot.com/
http://thepackerpundit.blogspot.com/Link

K-town
05-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Try this:

http://thepackerpundit.blogspot.com/

Tyrone Bigguns
05-10-2006, 06:34 PM
I saw that thread TB. I found it odd that out of nowhere a poster complimented "Mr Blonde" for his "writing style" and invited him to be a guest writer at his packerpundits site. Since I feel Mr Blonde is the hacker, the whole situation appeared suspicious. Mr Blonde's manical rantings would not impress someone in that manner.

I called out Blonde as the hacker. I am complete agreement that he is most likely the hacker.

What i find most humorous is that he has TexasPackerBacker writing on the site. Probably the most uninformed, pollyanna there is.

KYPack
05-10-2006, 06:34 PM

Amen to those sentiments, Bro.

I've felt that way for a long time, but I got so spooked by the hacker incident, I was too chickenshit to say anything.

MTP, thanx fer putting this site together.

I appreciate it, vato.

Partial
05-10-2006, 06:45 PM
I think everyone has concluded its mr. blonde

MadtownPacker
05-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Where is this you guys are talking about? I see he has a links for article he post on there. Does he have on for PR? If not then Im gonna hit him up about putting one.

HarveyWallbangers
05-10-2006, 07:48 PM
I'd refrain for going to a link like that. A lot of information about you can be ascertained just by doing so.

Bretsky
05-10-2006, 09:56 PM

I called out Blonde as the hacker. I am complete agreement that he is most likely the hacker.

What i find most humorous is that he has TexasPackerBacker writing on the site. Probably the most uninformed, pollyanna there is.

I just read the latest blog on there and could not disagree more. Calling Hodge an "afterthought", declaring Taylor the sure starter, and saying Campbell was an up and comer. Unreal.

Packers4Ever
05-10-2006, 10:30 PM

TB, no prob, you did gooooooood so keep right on. I was over there the other night and saw the 'Laura' posts btw - some there must have nothing better to do....

GrnBay007
05-10-2006, 10:37 PM

Ty lost his forum virginity! :wink:

See, nothing to it. Now you can make them all the time with confidence!! :cool:

I don't mind that he stole the AJ and Laura theme....didn't care for that making fun of their looks anyway.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-10-2006, 11:40 PM

I don't mind that he stole the AJ and Laura theme....didn't care for that making fun of their looks anyway.

They didn't just steal the theme, they directly lifted posts from this site and used them on their site. Usually with a newspaper or other forms of media they ATTRIBUTE their sources.

I just wondered how posters here felt about having their posts appropriated.

I'm not sure that i would want what I posted here lifted and used someplace else.

Sparkey
05-11-2006, 01:15 PM

They didn't just steal the theme, they directly lifted posts from this site and used them on their site. Usually with a newspaper or other forms of media they ATTRIBUTE their sources.

I just wondered how posters here felt about having their posts appropriated.

I'm not sure that i would want what I posted here lifted and used someplace else.

Just an FYI, but most of the "news" articles posted in here have been lifted off other sites, such as packernews or JSO or PFW, or the GreenBay Press Gazette or the Wisconsin State Journal etc.,

GBRulz
05-11-2006, 02:54 PM
True Sparkey, but most either post a link to the site or post the source in their story. As long as credit is being given, I see nothing wrong with it.